Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mobile phone + cashback deals

Anyone used any of the 3rd party firms? How hard/easy is it to get the money back? all looks a bit dodge to me.

Comments

• Options
    Often they don't actually give you cash back, they credit it to your phone account. And not even in one lump sum, often it's a third after 3 months, then another 3rd after 6 months, and so on. Read the small print very very carefully as these deals often are as dodgy as they look.
  • Options
    A friend of mine and his family have used a quite a few of these deals, just make sure you send in the correct bill at the right time etc... a lot of the companies are actually owned by the high street mobile phones shops, but you have to hope they don't close down during your contract, as your contract is with the mobile network.
  • Options
    Sometimes the deal is only activated by you requesting the money back within a particular time slot. Trouble is remembering when to claim. Seems a better way having it automatically returned either in bulk or over two or three months. It's always best to shop around for a good deal. that you can understand. If anyone is interested, my contact with O2 expired and I was after an iPhone 3G. I was on a £35/month contract but got loyalty bonuses of £7/month. O2 don't honour any bonuses with the iPhone, but talking to them, I got an iPhone 3G that had been returned within 14 day cool off period. Reset/checked etc by Apple. I got £8 off their normal tarif for 18 month contract making it £32 which was only £4/month more than I was paying. Over 18 months the phone is only costing me £72 and I can sell my old Nokia to one of the online companies for at least £84. So. new contract - only 18 months, new phone unlimited text and internet. Don't accept anything first time around and shop around
  • Options
    Just trade my old well used crapy 2 year old N95 back to O2 for £97.68 (including %10 for staying with them).
    Thought that wernt a bad deal.