Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Another step as a Charlton fan.

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
Those on here that know we will be aware that I have 3 boys who all come to the Valley.
My eldest who is nearly 16 has lost a bit of interest, however I couldn't get to the match on saturday so my eldest and 6 of his mates went to his first game on saturday with out me. He had a great time (Lord knows what they got up to?) and it has re-kindled his interest in all things Charlton.
He now wants to go to the games with his mates, I've been kicked to the kerb, elbowed, sacked etc.
And I'm kinda happy about that, like I say its another big step as a footy fan!!
Just wanted to share this with you all! Especially the 'Charlton Dads' out there.

Comments

• i've got 3 young boys 4 year old, 2 year old and 7 days old ....
    being brought up in essex(shame on me) it will be tough on them supporting a pony side but they have no choice and WILL have the charlton bug ...
    just hope there's a charlton around when they're 16 and wanna kick me into touch!
  • Nice lads you have too bing............bright as buttons and all things being equal should do well in life.
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]i've got 3 young boys 4 year old, 2 year old and 7 days old ....!

morts-genius told me saturday about your latest arrival. congrats.
  • cheers pbs ... might bring em to millwall to back me up ...
  • You'll have to check they do high chairs in there...
  • There were some 'new' children sitting right in front of me on Saturday, and whenever I sang or yelled things out their little heads. I swear, swivelled 180 degrees and they fixed me with unerring, and unnerving stares, for just that bit longer than an adult would. Like the Omen or something. And also the strange child sitting next to me finished his foully stinking crisps, and then proceeded to wipe his haands on my jeans which I was wearing at the time!!
  • congrats oohaah!

Bibble: good to see the Charlton baton being passed down.
  • The great thing is that once the kids have been to the Valley they normally stay lifelong fans even if they take a break. My son and daughter are 15 and 17 and haven't been for about 3 years but it's in their blood now. They always ask me how did WE do rather than how did CHARLTON do. Once you get the bug you never lose it.

We had a missing generation when we went to Shitehurst but I think we've got a much bigger fanbase now. If we end up at the play off final I reckon we'll sell out again. Hopefully we'll get 2nd spot though.
  • my eldest daughter 13 next month has started to go again,but on the proviso she doesn't have to sit with me.She sat in the east on saturday
    and has asked if she do go in the west next to the tunnell against gillingham.I then had to wait in the car for her while she went and bought herself a charlton polo shirt from the club shop.I think we likes to watch the young men but,as long as they are charlton fans thats ok with me.