Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nostalgia

On talk sport last night, they had a retro night and people text in all the things they remembered from their childhood days. I could remember most of them and these were my favourite three.

1) A favourite TV programme Banana Splits

2) A favourite toy or game Simon

3) A favourite food/confectionary Nutty bar

What were your Favourites!

Comments

• Options
    Ah, Nostalgia....
    Not what it used to be......
  • Options
    1) A favourite TV programme: Tiswas

2) A favourite toy or game: My Chopper bike

3) A favourite food/confectionary: Refreshers
  • Options
    A favourite discussion during long nights on duty. Impossible to choose, but

1, Clangers/Champion the Wonder Horse/Casey Jones/Bentines Potty Time
    2, Tri Tactics/Colditz/Asteroids
    3, Mint Cracknell (still made in Australia!)/Old English Spangles
  • Options
    1) A favourite TV programme jossies Giants

2) A favourite toy or game Eagle eyed Action man

3) A favourite food/confectionary Texan Bar its a mighty big chew
  • Options
    1) A favourite TV programme: old cartoons like he-man and the masters of the universe
    'I have the powerrrrr!'

2) A favourite toy or game: magnet doodle (the heavy one with the horizontal and vertical knobs)

3) A favourite food: kellogs 'Toppas' they were never the same when they disappeared and came back as 'frosted wheats', got smaller with less icing :(
  • Options
    1) A favourite TV programme: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

2) A favourite toy or game: Subutteo

3) A favourite food/confectionary: Palma Violets
  • Options
    1. Desert Crusaier (not that anyone remembers it, and they'd never get away with a programme like that now)
    2. Bobby Charlton's Casdon Soccer
    3. Old Jamaica choc bar
  • Options
    1. Rin-Tin-Tin (and his pal Rusty).

2. I can't remember the name of this football game but each person had a stick with a magnet on the end of it and you could move players around as they also had magnets fitted. It was played on a 'pitch' made of thin Bakelite and you moved the stick under the pitch to move your player. Lots of fun, a forerunner of Subutteo. The magnets were reversed in each team so you couldn't move the opposition's players.

3. 'Palm' toffee bars, especially banana flavour, and 'Flying Saucers'
  • Options
    1) A favourite TV programme: Fun House

2) A favourite toy or game: Mouse Trap

3) A favourite food/confectionary: Curly Whirly
  • Options
    I'm with March51 for 1 and 3.
    1) Rin-Tin-Tin-Tin and
    2) Roller skates
    3) Palm toffee bars (for years I thought the "P" on the wrapper was a "T" and thought it was a Talm toffeee bar).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1 - Multi Coloured Swap Shop --- I remember one week there was a rumour going about that Cheggers was going to be at Danson Park for the outside broadcast. Went down there and all there was were hoardes of disillusioned kids carrying Etch a sketch's
    2 - World Cup Striker ---- You had to push the heads down to kick. Even came with floodlights and dugouts,come to think of it it could still be in my old Mum's loft.
    3 - Gold Rush --- Little yellow bits of bubble gum made to look like prospected gold which came in a little canvas pouch.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Penfolds Perm[/cite]1 -
    3 - Gold Rush --- Little yellow bits of bubble gum made to look like prospected gold which came in a little canvas pouch.

can still get them in ma battleys sweet shops