Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wanted: 4 tickets for V festival tickets red camp weekend.

My sons missed out on the V festival booking tickets. If anyone wants to sell some my sons will pay £200 a ticket cash.
Happy to give a deposit, will pay within 24 hours of the actual tickets arriving in cash will collect in person. thanks

Comments

• Options
    you could try scarlet mist, seatwave, viagogo, swapmyticket or seatexchange. most are genuine fans selling on unwanted tickets for a little over cost rather than touts selling them for 3 times as much as face value
  • Options
    Tell them to save their money and go to a festival in Europe instead. V is becoming over rated, full of Essex plastic gangsters and orange birds thinking they're it hanging about outside the Bacardi tent.
    Some quality acts will be there but the people that go bring the festival down in my opinion.
  • Options
    Yeah I agree that v is for plastics. All the chav's who like a few oasis tracks and know nothing about music turn out for this one, and all of sudden become self confessed rock fans for about a week.

Reading 3rd year running for me thanks! That's a proper festival for ya!
  • Options
    Agree with Chris, couldn't think of a worse festival crowd. I'd rather camp in my garden with a radio then go back there.
  • Options
    I am just glad the lads are going to watch some live music......well live as 'live is today. better than the house music they normally go to......
    I had to smile when i saw the line up. well snigger actually, this aint no Reading when the likes of Rory Gallagher would have torn the piss out of any of that lot ...kings of leon...KASABIAN I hear the cry.....
    yeah right ..... and at the isle of wight 1970 you had the Who, Hendrix, Free, Rory gallagher, Free, Joni mitchell, the Doors, ELP...... I will leave it there shall I..... you wanna talk live music with that lot and todays bands go ahead.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]I am just glad the lads are going to watch some live music......well live as 'live is today. better than the house music they normally go to......
    I had to smile when i saw the line up. well snigger actually, this aint no Reading when the likes of Rory Gallagher would have torn the piss out of any of that lot ...kings of leon...KASABIAN I hear the cry.....
    yeah right ..... and at the isle of wight 1970 you had the Who, Hendrix, Free, Rory gallagher, Free, Joni mitchell, the Doors, ELP...... I will leave it there shall I..... you wanna talk live music with that lot and todays bands go ahead.[/quote]

Are you Saxondale?!
  • Options
    I enjoy V. Not a massive music fan but going with 10 other mates and having a laugh and a good time with them is what a value more than the music.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ads[/cite]you could try scarlet mist, seatwave, viagogo, swapmyticket or seatexchange. most are genuine fans selling on unwanted tickets for a little over cost rather than touts selling them for 3 times as much as face value

Are you having a giraffe my old china????

They all get snapped up and plonked on those poxy sites! A so called fan to fan site (for surplus tickets for people that can't go and just want a good home for the ticket) has one person selling 20 odd tickets?!!? What did they press the wrong sodding button when they actually only meant to by two?!

And the mark up is a joke! If I had a ticket and I couldn't go to something I would just want what I paid for it, not what I paid as well as a 40% mark up!

V is a steaming heap of horse-shit, tell them to go to Isle of Wight or Reading. A laugh can be had but the place was full of Danny Dyer wannabes and yidos.

Good line up but shit festival
  • Options
    Just cos last year you got bummed by a steward
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Just cos last year you got bummed by a steward

Did I complain about that?

Keane? Yes
    Beer tokens? Yes
    Dinlo stewards who wouldn't say boo to a goose without 4 of their mates? Yes

Bum rape? No
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    lol
  • Options
    Your going to the annual Essex buggery fest then mate?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: OhsouthLondon[/cite]Reading 3rd year running for me thanks! That's a proper festival for ya!

Interesting you say that. Been to Reading twice, and although was a great laugh last year, even I (at 19) felt a little old there. Mainly 16 year olds on their first weekend away with their mates (as it was 1st time I went), so our group of about 30 who were quite happy just gettin pissed and stoned in a chilled environment were a bit out of place, with 16 year olds on the rampage :p

Bennicassim for me this year mefinks......
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]I am just glad the lads are going to watch some live music......well live as 'live is today. better than the house music they normally go to......
    yeah right ..... and at the isle of wight 1970 you had the Who, Hendrix, Free, Rory gallagher, Free, Joni mitchell, the Doors, ELP...... I will leave it there shall I..... you wanna talk live music with that lot and todays bands go ahead.[/quote]

Are you Saxondale?!
    No, just a former music journo, and music fan.....Ads just having a 'dig' at the bands of today that is all, but a question for you why is it that all live music around here is tribute bands playing, emulating this era of music eh!
    Just where is all these modern day bands music being played eh!.... Can't move around here for Clapton at the Dome, I assume you are talking about Simon Cowells pop bands, and eh Coldplay yeah!......Radiohead, The Killers, hardly contemporary are they.....
    Us saxondales had Pink Floyd, The Stones and Dylan..... you got the Sugarbabes....... As PeteTownsend said 'We missed Charlie Parker.... but had Hendrix, fuck off you cant have them, you missed them hard luck'.......
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: OhsouthLondon[/cite]Reading 3rd year running for me thanks! That's a proper festival for ya!

Interesting you say that. Been to Reading twice, and although was a great laugh last year, even I (at 19) felt a little old there. Mainly 16 year olds on their first weekend away with their mates (as it was 1st time I went), so our group of about 30 who were quite happy just gettin pissed and stoned in a chilled environment were a bit out of place, with 16 year olds on the rampage :p

Music wise Reading wasn't great last year, but I probably had the best time at any festival I have been to. Agree about the 16 year olds but you get them at all festivals
  • Options
    Even though Prodigy and Kasabian is tempting (plus its only £40 in a cab) I wont be bothering this year.

Concur with all the negative comments, far too many idiots go compared to 10 years ago and the beer token thing is a nonsense (end up getting trolleyed on vino early doors, maybe not a bad thing)

Havent seen ticket prices for this year but they should be less considering the enormous profit they would have made last year (i.e putting all their money into getting Oasis and then claiming back from the insurance when they pulled out)

Go to Glastonbury, Reading, Benicassim or Exit.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]

Music wise Reading wasn't great last year, but I probably had the best time at any festival I have been to. Agree about the 16 year olds but you get them at all festivals

I actually preferred the music last year to the time before I went. It was less heavy but like you i enjoyed it more, maybe cos of the company i was in. Agree there's an element like that everywhere but its worst at Reading, compared to the others I've been to e.g. Glasto, even Download
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]I am just glad the lads are going to watch some live music......well live as 'live is today. better than the house music they normally go to......

Woooah there Kenneth. Nothing wrong with House music. Save the cash and get them SW4 tickets.
  • Options
    Woooah there Kenneth. Nothing wrong with House music. Save the cash and get them SW4 tickets......

That is what my lads claim...... but they are coming around....... I think they only like it to wind me up, which of course is a fair game, the same way I used to wind my father up about music, I still recollect him being unimpressed by Hendrix on the Dusty Springfield show playing the first version on UK tv of Voodoo Chile, and dedicating the first number to the late Brian Jones on stone free. Here I am going out to buy a cd on Jimi's music today, (which are just studio run throughs, and cleaned up) But then mugs like me will buy this stuff, so I ought to know better!..... but as I once claimed a 'Hendrix soundcheck was better than most music today' just cannot see people listening to house music in 40 years time that's all. That's what happen's when you get older...... a closed mind!
  • Options
    All the British festivals are becoming more and more fake. Reading is filled with "preps" who get thier parents to buy them tickets and spend the festival lighting deodrant cans. Goto a European festival.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I think last year there seemed to be more of a younger crowd at Reading .
    Usually i think it is quite mixed age wise.
    I find it the happy middle as far as age goes.
    Glasto is huge, and is the king of all festivals but i feel it attracts an older fan , as i stated above V attracts the younger, in most cases ... chav.
    Reading might be sliding towards that but in previous years it seemed to have a bit of both.
    The Line up last year was poor.
    This year its strongly rumoured that Green day and Blink182 will be there.
    The organisers have some making up to do on the line up front.
  • Options
    Blink 182 are the poorest band I know, terrible.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charlton_hero[/cite]Blink 182 are the poorest band I know, terrible.

Yeah that would explain their 10 Million plus worldwide record sales.
  • Options
    What's wrong ith House Music ...:p
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: OhsouthLondon[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: charlton_hero[/cite]Blink 182 are the poorest band I know, terrible.[/quote]

Yeah that would explain their 10 Million plus worldwide record sales.[/quote]

From teenagers and Americans.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Riscardo[/cite]What's wrong ith House Music ...:p

Its all about house music!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]

I cannot imagine anything worse than listening to bands at festivals....sorry yes I can listening to R&B music at a Festival.....as the boys say it's all about House Music !
  • Options
    I prefer the best of both worlds.

Bands during the day, banging choones during the night.
  • Options
    tbf dance tent at Reading is usually where I spend the Sunday afternoon....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]

I cannot imagine anything worse than listening to bands at festivals....sorry yes I can listening to R&B music at a Festival.....as the boys say it's all about House Music !

The only problem, especially with SW4, is that the tents fail to keep the heavy sound in. Still, House & Trance still blows everything else out the water!