Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pubs in Berlin

Bit of a random one - me and my mate are going out to Berlin on Saturday 27th March to run the half marathon on the Sunday morning. My mate is a big Southampton fan and we booked this a few months ago - however, he is not as thorough as me when it comes to checking that any holidays will not collide with an important game that I would be gutted to miss. The 28th is the JP Trophy final so a trip to Wembley - he is somewhat annoyed about the clash. To make him feel better I promised that we will go out sporting Southampton shirts (Ive only worn another english sides shirt once before (forest) and felt a bit guilty doing it, like cheating on your bird), Ill be a Soton fan for the day, and find somewhere to watch the game in some bar in Berlin....

However I am a bit concerned that it will be tricky to find a bar with the facilities to show the game and, even more tricky, that won't laugh in your face or look at you in bemusement when you ask them to stick Southampton Vs Carlisle on the box. Anybody got any idea/know any places in Berlin which might be suitable? I'm guessing we might have to just find some Irish bar or something.

Comments

• Options
    Tis random Berlins not a bad place though. Not sure you should wear the top too though as nice of a thing as it is for you to do i feel you will be explaing it to everyone when they say "o saints far are we?" and that could become tedious. To be fair i cant think that anyone in Berlin would have even herd of the St Johnstones pait trophy so im not sure.
  • Options
    Yes Ru
  • Options
    Indeed that is my concern! Don't mind the shirt thing, might prompt a few foreign birds to start chatting us up if they see we're English...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulsturgess[/cite]Indeed that is my concern! Don't mind the shirt thing, might prompt a few foreign birds to start chatting us up if they see we're English...

Might do i spose would get a bit annoying if you had to do it like 15 times a night or something as they are not the most sypathetic towards the English but im sure you will be ok your Charlton.
  • Options
    exactly, they will f*cking love charlton.... but regardless of that element nobody has provided me with any tips of bars... please step up to the plate
  • Options
    f*ck him, tell him theres a ban in germany of having pardews big conk displayed in public areas so wont be allowed to show it anywhere
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Just do a Google search..."English Pubs in Berlin"....there are several.
    Phone a few of them up(only the price of a call) and confirm that they'll be showing the game...easy peasy!
    I did that (phoned from The UK in fact), for the Bristol Rovers game whilst I was in Frankfurt recently and ended up in The Fox & Hound....wish I hadn't bothered though of course!
  • Options
    http://kilkenny-pub.de/index.php?location=kilkenny-pub-berlin-mitte&page=entertainment

There are plenty of Irish pubs in Berlin. Iwent to one just off the main street Kurfanstan (sp) the street with the bombed church and the hexagon church not far from the Zoogarten bus station.

Just google Irish bars in Berlin.
  • Options
    Nice one chaps - good effort from you in Frankfurt Soundasa, at least you weren't stuck standing in the cold watching the Bristol Rovers game in the flesh like I was!