Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ZZ....seems to have disappeared of the radar completely?!!?

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
He just doesn't get mentioned in the media these days or anywhere else come to that....strange one that?

Comments

• He joined Celtic after us didn't he?
  • I think he was on the bench in the Celtic v Rangers game, but according to their website, he has only made one league start all season.
  • He's probably sitting in Glasgow now reading a paper and saying, Charlton,they seem to have fsallen off the radar!!!
  • If we go back up I could see him making a return in some way or another.
  • Barley heard of him since he headbutted Materazzi....
  • Not really impressed at Celtic from what I've heard
  • Didn't really impress in SE7 either.
  • He made one start against Rangers played absolutely shite and was subbed, never played since...

Another classic example of a bigged up bag of mercenary crap getting paid stupid money for fcuk all...
  • cause he was overated and shit!!!
  • Do Celtic have another oreientalplayer, as I was sure I saw him come on recently and be part of the build up of a gaol
  • Sponsored links:

• still better than we have at the moment though !
  • Kap, they have a jap, nakamura or something similar.
  • Nakamura left for Espanyol. But they did get another in to keep the shirts selling in Asia.

As for ZZ, I liked him, especially in the Prem. Just a shame he was constantly injured in the Championship
  • A touch of class this morning, eh?
  • He was deffo on the bench last week against Rangers but never got used.
  • i dont think he was overrated, he was the only player we had left with a bit of class after reid was sold.
  • I thought we had heard the last of this guy. Good luck to him, hope our paths do not meet again though ,sorry but to me epitomises players that promised much but delivered little .i.e. lightweight, talented, but not for this league and the one above, so a no from me.... again. His agent will be devastated!
  • I think the bigger problem was we had too many lightweight players. He'd have been good with a more solid and proper Championship standard midfield next to him. Playing him with the likes of Ambrose, Sam, Thomas, Racon etc meant we were very poor when it came to having any real strength and aggression in our midfield. Shelvey and Bailey don't stand out that much in that area either. Having a few players like that on the squad, especially out wide is fine, but not when most of the midfield have the same sort of weaknesses.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]I think the bigger problem was we had too many lightweight players. He'd have been good with a more solid and proper Championship standard midfield next to him. Playing him with the likes of Ambrose, Sam, Thomas, Racon etc meant we were very poor when it came to having any real strength and aggression in our midfield. Shelvey and Bailey don't stand out that much in that area either. Having a few players like that on the squad, especially out wide is fine, but not when most of the midfield have the same sort of weaknesses.

Agreed, ZZ was a very good player but needed the right sort of player alongside him.

I tell you something, if he had played the whole of last season then we would probably not have gone down.

He had a real impact when he came back into the side for the last 10 games. OK, in those games we only won two and drew six, but we also only lost twice and definitely looked to have much more quality with him there.
  • edited March 2010
    Sorry Ormiston, the guy had a series of injuries, and took a long time to get used to the English game, both in the prem and Championship. Agree that in previous years we had a series of good midfields, and the same charge could be levelled against Ambrose, Sam and Thomas, Rommadahl etc. All capable of playing, but not consistent for Charlton anyway not at the time.Okay he had to adapt to the game, but that is no different to any foreign player!. Quite why these players did not perform is not just down to the managers, they have to shoulder some of the responsability. Let's not go into replaying our demise again, the fact is he has not performed since leaving has he! for whatever reason.
  • Sponsored links:

• So I pressume Celtic must have the same problems charlton had then cause he's not impressing much up there either.
    If your good your good, doesn't matter what the size or weight are of your teammates, what league you play In or what position you play, end of the day, he wasn't very good
  • He's not a Premier League player no, but he's a good Championship one in the right team. Not good enough to be a regular at Celtic but that doesn't mean he's a bad player. Would easily have him over Racon.
  • [quote][cite] Would easily have him over Racon.[/quote]

Even on 5,6,7 (maybe even more,?)times his wages?
  • I presume it was the same person, played for China against Portugal midweek.
  • i liked ZiZi just think he was injured far too much, suprised he cant get into the celtic team if im honest as he stood out when we were in the Premiership and our team was better then, then theres is now. maybe injuries mean he lost it?
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]
    [cite] Would easily have him over Racon.

Even on 5,6,7 (maybe even more,?)times his wages?

Well no of course not. I'm just talking about ability and what he actually offered the team.
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]i liked ZiZi just think he was injured far too much, suprised he cant get into the celtic team if im honest as he stood out when we were in the Premiership and our team was better then, then theres is now. maybe injuries mean he lost it?
    Did he actually stand out though? Someone like Jensen was a much better player than Zheng. He was tidy and worked hard, got in some good positions. I think he could compete in the Prem but he probably only stood out because we were a poor team in Premier League standard at the time.