Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Killer and Jim Melrose in the club shop tomorrow...

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
12.30 til 2pm

Comments

• is he turning his attention to us now ??
  • Strange name for a pub.
  • I say it all the time, surely if they are at the club, get these people onto the pitch at half time. Every few weeks old players are "in the club shop" or in a lounge.

Get them onto the pitch so we can cheer them again. Mind you, how many would know who Jim Melrose was now??
  • [cite]Posted By: cafckev[/cite]I say it all the time, surely if they are at the club, get these people onto the pitch at half time. Every few weeks old players are "in the club shop" or in a lounge.

Get them onto the pitch so we can cheer them again. Mind you, how many would know who Jim Melrose was now??

I think they are worried that Melrose might make a "late" tackle on Robbie Elliot and put him out of the game for months ; - )

And Melrose is just about to buy Stockport so more likely to get a cheer off the Jimmy South Stand.
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: cafckev[/cite]I say it all the time, surely if they are at the club, get these people onto the pitch at half time. Every few weeks old players are "in the club shop" or in a lounge.

Go along with that. Great goalscorer was Jim. 17 goals in 1986/1987 to help keep us up in the top flight, and some handy goals to secure promotion in 1986. Another great Lennie signing. Everton october 86, with a hat trick against one of the top sides at the time. Got the game on tape.
  • Stockport have at least been boosted by news that their administrators have confirmed an agreement with the Melrose Consortium for the sale of the cash-strapped club.
  • [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Go along with that. Great goalscorer was Jim. 17 goals in 1986/1987 to help keep us up in the top flight, and some handy goals to secure promotion in 1986. Another great Lennie signing. Everton october 86, with a hat trick against one of the top sides at the time. Got the game on tape.

No, no ..... not that Jimmy Melrose.

It's Large and Golfie's brother coming over from France ......

;o)
  • That other Jimmy Melrose was over last week.

I said hi to him at Southend but to be honest I'm not sure if he knew who I was.
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]That other Jimmy Melrose was over last week.

I said hi to him at Southend but to be honest I'm not sure if he knew who I was.

Didn't he recognise your cardie, Henry ....?
    Shame!

;o)
  • wasn't wearing one which maybe explains it.

Otherwise it was his white framed glasses or that he was with his missus and didn't want to admit to knowing people like me in front of her : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Otherwise it was his white framed glasses or that he was with his missus and didn't want to admit to knowing people like me in front of her : - )

Well, if he was with his missus, you can't blame him for avoiding you .... I might have done the same.

;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]Go along with that. Great goalscorer was Jim. 17 goals in[url=tel:1986/1987]1986/1987[/url]to help keep us up in the top flight, and some handy goals to secure promotion in 1986. Another great Lennie signing. Everton october 86, with a hat trick against one of the top sides at the time. Got the game on tape.

No, no ..... not that Jimmy Melrose.

It's Large and Golfie's brother coming over from France ......

;o)

directly behing the goal is a tubby kid in a black ski jacket that's wayyyyy too big for jim

that's me that is!!
  • Does the other jimmy work as a teacher in lyon by any chance?
  • Hang on a minute........I come on here and find people are talking about my last visit to England....whatever next?

Henry Irving: of course I knew who you were but it we started a conversation just outside the loo and I was deciding whether to go in or not. Then you just wandered off. And regarding my glasses - yes, they are rather loud but I just couldn't resist a pair of mad red and white glasses made by a guy called Boris. Finally I wasn't with my missus - the only way I'd be able to persuade her to go to Charlton again is if we signed Tevez (who she refers to as Carlito) or Joe Cole.

Finally the real Jimmy Melrose should be invited onto the pitch and be presented with 99 virgins and a stairway to heaven.