Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

NEW YEARS EVE 2010/11: Party Idea

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
I usually promote my own event on New Years Eve, organise disco, entertainment, venue, catering, raffle and tickets.I know its early but from previous experiences (mainly hiring a venue) its a difficult night of the year to organise where people still dont know what they are doing atthe last minute and think Hassle! Expense! Cabs! Location! Family! etc etc

Would appreciate your comments based on the following event that I am considering organising for this year

Subject to interest:

New Years Eve event for Charlton Life Members, Family & Friends
Run a Poll on a desirable location area for the venue that suits the majority
Cost of tickets would cover Entertainment, Catering, Venue Hire + other bits and bobs. I have lots of contacts through my entertainment agency for example Magicians, Caricaturists, Acoustic Duos, Bands, Tributes, things i have organised in the past have always been very successfull nights.

What im saying in a nutshell is that if there is sufficent interest then I can tailor a charlton themed event at a venue (area) that suits the majority so that travel, costs and hassle of worrying about "what to do" isnt an issue and it will give members on here a chance to get together. If you are really daring and are prepared to reveal your identities we could arrange for each member to be introduced as they enter.

I also have a member of my family who is in involved with the former players association so there might be an opportunity for ex players to attend. I havnt spoken to the club at this stage but did consider Bartrams if they hire it out but if there is a lot of interest we may need a bigger venue.

Its early days but initially the burning question is would you be interested in this and do you have any further ideas regarding this?

Comments

• What date is it?
  • I would be game, CL members, friends and family would be a laugh if we get enough people going
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]What date is it?

Tomorrow.

Don't be late.
  • How many have we sold already?
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]What date is it?

Not too sure, but last year was December 31st if that helps.....
  • Apologies for not contacting AKFA before posting this, I wasnt really thinking about branding it a "Charlton Life" event just a very early idea really
  • i think with most of charlton lifers we are old codgers who like a nice night in on NYE with family - too old for the fannying about with cabs.