Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Away ticket revenue?

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
Anyone know how away ticket sales income is split? If we sell-out our allocation at Millwall who gets the revenue? Does it all go to the home club or the away team (who sold the tickets) or is it split someway? Anybody know for sure?

Comments

• Good question, because if home team gets all the income then i wont try going to MK Dons. but if we do get some then thats a game i definately will be going :-)
  • As far as i'm aware it's the home team that gets all the revenue for league games. It's only split for cup games.
  • There is 3 per cent levy on net gate receipts that goes to the Football League, but nothing for us.
  • edited March 2010
    Millwall, or any home club, get all of it.

I think, but can't confirm, that there is a very small levy (3%?) on gate money in this division (not in the CCC) which is shared equally amongst all the clubs but it is a tiny amount.
  • [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]Good question, because if home team gets all the income then i wont try going to MK Dons. but if we do get some then thats a game i definately will be going :-)

I know a lot of people have their own opinions on MK Dons (which they of course entitled to), but i'll go to support Charlton in what will be a very important game.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]Good question, because if home team gets all the income then i wont try going to MK Dons. but if we do get some then thats a game i definately will be going :-)

I know a lot of people have their own opinions on MK Dons (which they of course entitled to), but i'll go to support Charlton in what will be a very important game.

I'll second that!
  • Thanks guys for the info. Have always been curious how it works. Seems a bit crazy as there isn't much of an incentive for any club to sell allocated tickets other than the booking fee. So for the Millwall game all that Charlton gets is £1 booking fee for each ticket sold and the rest goes to them...! I guess it evens out (as they sold out our away end) but seems some sort of sharing would be better.
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]Good question, because if home team gets all the income then i wont try going to MK Dons. but if we do get some then thats a game i definately will be going :-)

I'll second that!

Good point really, i dont really think that way but think a few do. was making a point, i will still try going though tbh lol
  • It used to be shared if i remember right. But the larger clubs started moaning about. Read the book by david conn- what happenned to the soul of the beautiful game. Will tell you all you want to know
  • Why should there be a financial incentive for a club to sell away tickets?

Surely the incentive is for the fans who follow that club to want to go & watch their team and support them, cheering & urging them onto a decent result which in turn improves league position & home attendances - and then that's where the home club benefits.

You follow the team because of the love of it, not because of what the financial rewards your club may get. That's why I don't get comments about not going MK. Went there the other week, to watch my team in an important game, sod worrying about MK. (fantastic ground by the way)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Sparrows Lane Lion[/cite]
    You follow the team because of the love of it, not because of what the financial rewards your club may get. That's why I don't get comments about not going MK. Went there the other week, to watch my team in an important game, sod worrying about MK. (fantastic ground by the way)

To be fair you only took 1300 out of the potential 3000 up there. I share the dislike for MK but I would be surprised if this game wasn't a sell out for us.
  • How is what we took up there relevant to the point of the thread?

However, to comment on that, it was a lot more than I expected to be honest. Thought 700 or so, but thought 1300 was decent for a Tuesday night just a few days after taking similar amounts to Wycombe.