Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next season

edited January 2007 in General Charlton
Whatever division our once great club is in next season I am considering not renewing my season ticket, mainly because I am totally disillussioned by the goings on at our club, I have been following our club for 44 years, have visited almost 80 away grounds, I voted for the Valley party, marched from the town hall on the 5/12/92 etc, etc, etc, but enoughs, enough. forget the goings on at board level as I am not privy to what goes on in the boardroom, I could add my opinion to what has been said, but why I would only be guessing, so there`s no point.
But what sicken`s me is the lack of effort on the pitch I can handle losing if the effort is there, having spent years watching the likes of John Robinson, Garry Nelson, Steve Brown, Sweaty Balmer, amongst lots of others who would have run through walls for that shirt, the like`s of Brownie, Balmer, Kinsella & Webster would put their head where most of this currant squad wouldn`t put their Hummer`s, yes I know our season tickets are possibly the cheapest in this league, but I resent paying to watch a load of overpaid prima donna`s who can`t be ar5ed 90% of the time, if we were not good enough on a skill level to compete, as in the 3-3 v Man utd we made up for it by getting in their faces, now when we`re not good enough most of the currant squad appear to be content to wander around the pitch for 90 minutes and collect their salaries,and personally I would rather pay to watch eleven guy`s picked at randem from the covered end, who at least would give 100% for the cause. rant over

Comments

• Options
    Totally agree with everything you say,but don't let the bastards drive you away.The club is great the players bar a couple are not worthy of the shirt on their backs.
  • Options
    TCE,

your sentiments are those that i know are shared by others, but i would add that most of those players we all look so fondly upon years ago, took plenty of stick off the crowd at the time. Johnny R, Nelson in particular went through spells getting stick, as did Sweaty and Browny.

The only reason those players didn't have Hummers and Bentley's was because they didn't earn enough. If they did, they would of as well.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]TCE,

your sentiments are those that i know are shared by others, but i would add that most of those players we all look so fondly upon years ago, took plenty of stick off the crowd at the time. Johnny R, Nelson in particular went through spells getting stick, as did Sweaty and Browny.

The only reason those players didn't have Hummers and Bentley's was because they didn't earn enough. If they did, they would of as well.

Does that mean fans (other than me) will look back fondly at Kish?:-)
  • Options
    while I agree with you AFKA, I don`t remember any of the players I mentioned getting stick for not trying, skill maybe, Robbo, not crossing and checking back onto his good foot, Brownie and Sweaty letting their man go, Nelse for not shooting and trying to run the ball into the net , but I would still pay to watch those guys play in the red shirt, maybe I will feel different if/when we go down but somehow I doubt it, they`ll always be my Charlton, but I think I`ll be following from the golf course.
  • Options
    Len, Kish is one of my exceptions, love the guy, drives me mad, but you cant fault his effort, I`d rather see Kish running around like a lunatic, than a certain JFH walking around on his reputation.
  • Options
    i'm planing on buying my first season ticket next season!! Don't bother me what division we're in (would prefer prem but beggers can;t b chooser's) just glad b able to b get to support my team in every home game and as many away games as poss, plus i'll b livin back in civilisation (the south that is)

althou i't could well b my last aswell as first, if the team continue to display the lack of commitment shown this season
  • Options
    I think Kish could be our midfield Dynamo in the Championship, he could well be elevated to 'Cult Hero' status with a good chumpionship season under his belt as I think his game is more suited to it.