Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Just told Parky....

....to keep it up! Lol x

Comments

• was he having troubles then?
  • Haha sis.

describe how handsome he is in real life?
  • Those tight 80s shorts taken their toll
  • i heard theres some sort of medication that can do that job for you kbs......
  • edited March 2010
    OK, full sp from last night.

Met my beautiful niece after work for some food & a glass of grape juice. We ate in a mexican & I decided to carry on the evening in a quieter spot so she could carry on telling me about all the stuff twenty somethings get up to these days.

We head off to a nice bar & she grabs a table & I order the grape juice at the bar. I glance right & stare straight into the eyes of our man Parky. I composed myself, looked left & saw my niece with a massive grin, she had spotted him too.

Now, how to play this, I thought. I am, after all, a women of a certain age. So I lean over to the barman and tell him to give the man in the grey Lyle & Scott v neck sweater whatever he's drinking. (I've never done that before, felt quite empowered but I think the barman thought I was mad!!!). So I then looked over at Parky and smiled telling him that I had bought him a drink & then returned with our grape juice to my niece.

As my niece and I text, facebooked, CL'd everyone we knew, we giggled like teens and she was amazed that I had bought him a beer. After a while we settled back into me listening to her tales of a twenty something. Mind you I had to keep reminding her not to stare at poor old Parky!!!

Finally, he got up to leave. As we were sat at the doorway I wondered what he was going to do. I need not have worried. He came straight up to me with his lovely smile, hand out stretched and thanked me for the drink. As I shook his hand (a proper handshake, not too firm, not too weak) I told him it was my pleasure. Then we were interupted by two other women at the bar who had recognised him earlier but had said nothing. He shook their hands & I was disappointed as I thought that was it, he would then leave. But he turned back to my niece and I and again asked us about our days. We had a small conversation & said our goodbyes with another handshake. As he turned to leave, I then said 'Phil'......he turned and smiled......'keep it up mate' & he laughed. So too did the other poor gentleman who had been with him standing to one side no doubt feeling a smidgin left out.

But it didn't end there.

As my niece and I carried on talking into the night, Parky and his friend walked back past us & waved as they did so. A very nice ending to a very nice encounter.

I have met him before at the sponsors dinner. But he didn't look at all comfortable that night. Last night he looked happy, relaxed, yes possibly at little embarrassed with the attention as he admitted he doesn't get recognised much. But what struck me was he was very happy to say thank you, very happy to talk and genuinely humbled that a 'Charlton fan' had thought to buy him a beer.

Oh, & he smelt nice and was very pleasing on the eye. (for B's benefit......he looked very nice in that jumper!).

So, there you have it. He may make the oddest of decisions on the pitch (sorry Bruv, we didn't tell him to go 4-5-1 on Saturday), he may be quiet and not jump up & down screaming a la Kinsella. But credit where it's due (& this is the real reason I bought him a beer) I NEVER thought we'd be in the position we are now. I truly thought we'd have had to sell our decent players and be avoiding relegation. So to be 3rd/4th in March with everything still to play for I HAVE to give him credit for
    that.

So Phil, I hope you enjoyed the beer..........as I said............keep it up mate!
  • He wore that jumper on late kick off on Monday.

Parky out.
  • Pray tell KBLS, where was this meeting, in our shared vacinity?
  • No jumper plan B, clearly.
  • i was laughing out loud... "he looked like he was about to cry when even more women recognised him!" very un-pardew like.
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Pray tell KBLS, where was this meeting, in our shared vacinity?

certainly was

& if you looked that good in a jumper, you'd wear it often too ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]i was laughing out loud... "he looked like he was about to cry when even more women recognised him!" very un-pardew like.

that was how I saw it. I thought to myself if it had been Pardoo (mind you I would NEVER have bought him a beer) he would have been all over my niece like a rash. Parky = gentleman FACT!
  • [cite]Posted By: McLovin[/cite]No jumper plan B, clearly.

lol
  • [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Pray tell KBLS, where was this meeting, in our shared vacinity?

certainly was

Ahh....large shopping mall it is then!
  • [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]Pray tell KBLS, where was this meeting, in our shared vacinity?

certainly was

no it wasn't Asda ;-)
  • feckin hell the food mall at bluewater, was it a chinese, kfc, mcdonalds, slice of pizza , curry ? or did you go upperclass and go eds diner or tgi's
  • edited March 2010
    That's excellent. KB'sLS. What beer was he drinking? I can always tell a man bu his beer and not by his jumper..
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]feckin hell the food mall at bluewater, was it a chinese, kfc, mcdonalds, slice of pizza , curry ? or did you go upperclass and go eds diner or tgi's

none of the above

would not imagine you even know where the said place was..............cost more that a pound for a pint mate ;-)
  • Great story.

If i was stood at a bar and the barman came over with a beer and said the two random ladies at the other end of the bar have bought you a drink, i think that would possibly go down as the greatest moment of my life !
  • [cite]Posted By: ChicagoAddick[/cite]That's excellent. KB'sLS. What beer was he drinking? I can always tell a man bu his beer and not by his jumper..

bottled, that Italian stuff, Perroni is it??? to be fair, this place is more of a wine bar, not known for its beer
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Great story.

If i was stood at a bar and the barman came over with a beer and said the two random ladies at the other end of the bar have bought you a drink, i think that would possibly go down as the greatest moment of my life !

then you'd realise it was me & ask why I'd only bought you one??? ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• How long have I tried to explain that designer knitwear is the way forward but would you all listen? Would you F***

I'm let to believe that Mr P residence is close to Bluewater thus proviing easy access to the M25 for his many scouting trip
  • northstandsteve, they do pints at mcdonalds in bluey now? maybe i will go shopping there a bit more then :-)

p.s. Parky shouldn't be drinking
    parky out
  • [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: DA9[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: KBslittlesis[/cite]

certainly was

no it wasn't Asda ;-)

LOL...yep, thats the only place I bump into you :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Great story.

if 2 random ladies went down on you that would be the greatest moment of your life.
  • The greatest moment of his life was this time last week whilst sitting on a stool in a certain pub in Southend!
  • Hope u reminded him how important next weeks game is.
  • Nope. He was in a quiet place having a quiet drink. He was relaxed. I'm a women, so pointless imo. I'd rather show him understated appreciation & hope that makes him feel so. He will know. Cant imagines Kins would let him forget do you?
  • i bet the other bloke felt a bit left out when you sent down a beer just for parky and not him!
  • So, let me get this straight, it was a Thursday night, he was in a wine bar, with a 'gentlemen' friend, smelling nice and had a slightly limp wristed handshake......?
  • edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Red_in_SE8[/cite]So, let me get this straight, it was a Thursday night, he was in a wine bar, with a 'gentlemen' friend, smelling nice and had a slightly limp wristed handshake......?

Its alright though, he had a Lyle & Scott jumper on, so no doubt he shot straight up OHM bar, got on the blue WKD's and was cutting up some rug round a few Doris's by 11.