Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Swindon express interest in Addicks defender

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/5042019.Swindon_express_interest_in_Addicks_defender/

Comments

• Oh Gawd, that could go either excellently (ie he is crap, they lose games and he has a piece of all their mums and causes disharmony in the squad), or very very badly - ie he plays really well and gets them in the play offs ahead of us even though we are still paying 3/4 of his wages!

Still, probably will never happen...
  • Pity. I'd like to see him go to Palace.
  • Tbh I can't see him going there and making a great difference, if they get into the play offs ahead of us it will be becuase their strikers have 40 goals between them. Also the guy Amankwaha looked decent at their place at RB so agree it prob won't happen
  • thought their right back was quite good against us!
  • I will gladly offer to drive him to Swindon
  • moving moo2 on would free up the cash to keep Jackson, so fingers crossed.
  • I can't see Swindon forking out £8k a week unfortunately!
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I can't see Swindon forking out £8k a week unfortunately!

We'd only need them to pay us the same as we pay to Notts County for Jackson.
  • Would not be surprised if Jackson is on at least 4k, he signed when they were signing Schmichael etc and money was flowing there
  • Hasn't Moo2 gone yet?

By now, I would have thought that our wealthiest supporters would have clubbed together to help Swindon pay Moo2's wages.

And someone else on here offered to drive him there.

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Although Jackson may be on 4-6k . Notts County will not be able to honour that over a further two years and despite them not going into admin. We could offer a generous signing on fee if promoted. I accept we may not be able to afford him if in League One , but that is true of other players who are out of contract in the summer.Also he wants to come here .
  • [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]Although Jackson may be on 4-6k . Notts County will not be able to honour that over a further two years and despite them not going into admin. We could offer a generous signing on fee if promoted. I accept we may not be able to afford him if in League One , but that is true of other players who are out of contract in the summer.Also he wants to come here .
    Wouldn't be surprised if they let Jackson go for nothing in the summer, even if he's got another year or two left on his contract.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]I can't see Swindon forking out £8k a week unfortunately!

He'll never play for us again, so whatever we negotiate has to be a bonus. I think Motherwell were paying £2K a week of his salary, I'd take that.
  • Good f**king riddance
  • Do we know for sure what he actually did that was so wrong? Not just gossip, what it actually was.
  • I think the reason he can't play again is because if he does we have to make an appearances type payment to Châteauroux.

Also had a bust up with Harry Arter and had a generally bad attitude.
  • I heard the same rumour , but also about his contractural appearance fees and wins bonuses
  • Maybe this is a fiendish plan thought up by the management.....ie Moots to sabotage Swindon's bid for promotion by being sooooo crap on the pitch !
  • [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]I think the reason he can't play again is because if he does we have to make an appearances type payment to Châteauroux.

that would probably apply irrespective of who he actually played for.
  • [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite] had a generally bad attitude.

He's french, so thats standard.
  • Sponsored links:

• According to Sky Swindon are about to sign Liverpool Right Back Stephen Darby on loan.

That's the end of that one then.

Do you think there's a club somewhere that might loan swap Moots for a natural left back before Saturday if Jacko is unfit ?
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]I think the reason he can't play again is because if he does we have to make an appearances type payment to Châteauroux.

that would probably apply irrespective of who he actually played for.
    You'd think, but it clearly wasn't in the case of Christanssen.
  • [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]According to Sky Swindon are about to sign Liverpool Right Back Stephen Darby on loan.

That's the end of that one then.

Do you think there's a club somewhere that might loan swap Moots for a natural left back before Saturday if Jacko is unfit ?

Done deal: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swindon_town/8562725.stm

Is he still under contract next year?
  • I beleive so.
  • Signed a four year contract in June 2007.

So we still have another £536,000 in wages to find to pay him before he leaves us. Or 268 5 year season ticket holders.

Thanks Pardew.