Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Parkinson keen on Notts County defender stay

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/5041970.Parkinson_keen_on_Notts_County_defender_stay/

Comments

• Sounds like we fans need to "do a Ronnie Moore" and have a whipround to pay his wages...
  • Every so often you get a reminder of how far we have fallen and this is one of them...struggling to keep a journeyman footballer because of his wages! He seems ok at this level so hope we can raid the piggy bank or find some money under the sofa.
  • To be fair, Jacko's not that much of a journeyman ..... he was at Spurs until he was 24, signed for Colchester and then out of contract, signed for the Notts County in the summer.

Jacko is at Charlton because of a combination of cash strapped Notts County needing to reduce their wage bill, and his wife in the later stages of pregnancy still living in their house near London. He's still only 27.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]To be fair, Jacko's not that much of a journeyman ..... he was at Spurs until he was 24, signed for Colchester and then out of contract, signed for the Notts County in the summer.

Jacko is at Charlton because of a combination of cash strapped Notts County needing to reduce their wage bill, and his wife in the later stages of pregnancy still living in their house near London. He's still only 27.

and I want him here permanently

moo2 can go anywhere for all I care - jacko must stay
  • Don't we get insurance money for injured players like Basey & Youga.

Henry??????
  • [cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]Don't we get insurance money for injured players like Basey & Youga.

Henry??????

Only if they end up retiring from football, I think.

At other companies, they would go onto statutory sick pay, but I don't htink football contracts work like that.
  • Mouts out on loan could free up jacksons wages all falling into place now..
  • [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: lancashire lad[/cite]Don't we get insurance money for injured players like Basey & Youga.

Henry??????

Only if they end up retiring from football, I think.

At other companies, they would go onto statutory sick pay, but I don't htink football contracts work like that.

correct. only if they retire.

not sure but doubt that they go on SSP
  • Let Moo2 go to Swindon , normally I would not support that idea about a promotion rival , but I agree Jacko must stay.

Surely we can afford his wages for two months. It could be the difference between League One and CCC . I do not believe we would have picked up six points last week had he not been here.
  • A director told me after the Southend game that we can't afford to extend the loan.

(I do think that he was expecting Youga to be fit though & now he obviously won't be as he hasn't even started to train yet).