Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Away Days - Huddersfield

13»

Comments

• Options
    Meeting up with Man Utd supporting mates in Manc after as they're at the Reebok.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]Thanks A T will take note, just late night beers and a titty bar will prob go down well!

We are staying in piccadilly, is that fairly close?

Manchester is biscuits for pubs, you seriously never been?

Here's the drill. From Piccadilly Gardens, just up from the station, head West, past the Britannia Hotel (where most football fans stay as it is huge and cheap) along Portland Street. You'll pass all the best pubs in town, the Circus, Grey Horse and Old Monkey (the latter a Holts place full of pisscheap beer), the Fab cafe - which is open til 2 or 3am and full of lifesize Daleks, indie music and drunk students - up to the intersection with Oxford Road, which is where all the topless bars for sexist pigs are. Cross straight over then onto Great Bridgewater Street for the Temple (a public toilet converted into a pub), the Peverill of the Peak (a green and yellow tiled countryside pub strangely dumped in the middle of the city), the RA!N Bar (Lees pub, a bit trendy fartfart, but they do 7% Moonraker all the time), the Britons Protection (great whiskey bar, they do some awesome 40+ year olds albeit around a tenner a shot) finishing up, just by the canal on Deansgate, at the Knott Bar - supplied by the local Marble microbrewery who do ace Ginger & Chocolate flavour real ales. If you want noisy lager twat pubs, head for either the Printworks (a converted printworks, unsurprisingly) at the opposite [North] end of Deansgate, the winebar type pubs around Deansgate Locks, or Canal Street/Anal Treet back up by the station, which although primarily gay, has the cheapest drink deals in town - and trust me, having been to the Valley many a time, none of us Charlton fans are pretty enough for the sophisticated Manchester gays to bother (with). There endeth the lesson. Happy drinking. Have gotten bladdered round Manc so many dozens of times (at football and elsetimes), I've decided to stay in Huddersfield itself, just for a change. Hic x
  • Options
    The Lass & I will be there, just a couple of hours across the A65 or 66 - something like that, I know it begins with 6, perhaps that's the number of goals Hudds will score!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]Thanks A T will take note, just late night beers and a titty bar will prob go down well!

We are staying in piccadilly, is that fairly close?

Piccadilly is very close. Head to Oldham Street which is opposite the gardens and you're in the Northern Quarter. Looks rough, but that's the 'Manc edge' that I suppose is the USP. Explore the streets off there for late bars. As I said the Northern is a good shout, but get there before midnight, otherwise the bouncers can start flexing their muscles, especially with groups of lads.

Titty bar in the square in Chinatown, again 2 mins from Piccadilly. 10 quid a dance.
  • Options
    Thanks chaps, never been to manc so some good info, appreciate it.
  • Options
    All real drinkers will be heading into Wigan, King Street in the nuts.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]All real drinkers will be heading into Wigan, King Street in the nuts.[/quote]

all real drinkers will be drinking white lightening for breakfast at the train station
  • Options
    me and Prior are going god knows why really
  • Options
    I'm still more than 50% to go to this one despite the last two results and Huddersfield's result today
  • Options
    been there before and i aint going to see us lose by at least 2 goals
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    should be a great day out
  • Options
    Will tickets be available on the day for this one?

Any idea how many we've sold?
  • Options
    Im in America this week but wanna try catch the game via a link. Whats the best thing to do?.....i dont really wanna listen to that soppy bird on the radio!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Will tickets be available on the day for this one?

Any idea how many we've sold?

Yes and 440
  • Options
    impressive numbers we might be able to match the 1,378 they brought to us