Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stockport (h)

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
Is this Charlton's most important game ever? I believe it is. (And I hope the players do too).

Comments

• edited March 2010
    nope

win is a must tho
  • most important game ever ? It's not even the most important game this month !!
  • Oh good. I was hoping we might have to take this one seriously.

*shakes head*
  • why *shakes head* ? Of course we have to take it seriously, as I hope we do every game, but to label it Charlton's most important game EVER is frankly ridiculous.
  • The future and possibly existence of the Club arguably depends on gaining promotion so in that respect every match this season is and has been "the most important ever" until the next one.
  • [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]why *shakes head* ? Of course we have to take it seriously, as I hope we do every game, but to label it Charlton's most important game EVER is frankly ridiculous.

I agree 100% with you Large i dont understand the point of this thread. Every game is important because its charlton but as you say its far from the most important game ever or even of this month. You do realise its Millwall away this month dont you Chizz?? Have you been living in a hole??
  • It's so important, the match and all views before it have been contained in a sticky at the top of the forum.

;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]The future and possible existence of the Club arguably depends on gaining promotion so in that respect every match this season is and has been "the most important ever" until the next one.
    Thanks. That's kinda the point I was making.
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]why *shakes head* ? Of course we have to take it seriously, as I hope we do every game, but to label it Charlton's most important game EVER is frankly ridiculous.

I agree 100% with you Large i dont understand the point of this thread. Every game is important because its charlton but as you say its far from the most important game ever or even of this month. You do realise its Millwall away this month dont you Chizz?? Have you been living in a hole??
    Yes I do know we're playing Millwall later this month; and right now, I don't care. My view is that far too much attention is being placed on the Millwall game and even other teams' games later this month. There's nothing more important than winning Saturday's match. If we do that, then the next-up game is equally vital.

Right now, two days before this match, nothing is - or has been - as vital as this one. Whatever anyone thinks about the game after that.
  • So does that then mean if we loose its the end of Charlton because thats how it sounds. I know with the current situation of the club each game is important but surely if we loose to Stockport saturday we will still have a club Monday. I just feel its very over the top to say its the most important game ever because its not. The playoff final vs Sunderland was more important in my eyes.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite] The playoff final vs Sunderland was more important in my eyes.

What more important than Leeds (at St Andrews) 87 or Chelsea 88?? Don't think so
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]So does that then mean if we loose its the end of Charlton because thats how it sounds. I know with the current situation of the club each game is important but surely if we loose to Stockport saturday we will still have a club Monday. I just feel its very over the top to say its the most important game ever because its not. The playoff final vs Sunderland was more important in my eyes.
    If we lose on Saturday, it would not be the end of the world. But we'd be able to see it much better.

The '98 play-off final was more important. Past tense. That match lost its immediate significance a few years ago. (Maybe it merely delayed the point at which we reached the current plight. In other words, we were always going to end up here, we just didn't know how long it would take). Right now, there's nothing more important than Saturday.

My simple view is that we should not fall into the trap of underestimating the significance of the Stockport match.

I hope the players run on to the pitch on Saturday knowing how critical it is; have their ears rining from Parky's words about how vital it is; and can see, hear and feel the Covered End bellowing their total support for Saturday's game and holding nothing in reserve for the next one.

That's all.
  • [cite]Posted By: Amos on the wing[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]The playoff final vs Sunderland was more important in my eyes.

What more important than Leeds (at St Andrews) 87 or Chelsea 88?? Don't think so

Well i wasnt at either of those as i would have been less than two years old but yea fair enough those probably were more important but the 4-4 with Sunderland was my most important. In reality the 1946 FA cup final that we won was probably the most important game ever.
  • 'their ears ringing from Parky's words'. What like 'go out there lads, try to pass the ball to one another, if you get to three yards from goal please, if you can, have a shot but if you don't feel confident enough then pass it to a teamamte, preferable not five yards behind them, Lloydie if you could beat a man it'll be good but if not don't worry, but most of all don't worry cause if it don't work out I won't shout at you, promise'.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Amos on the wing[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]The playoff final vs Sunderland was more important in my eyes.

In reality the 1946 FA cup final that we won was probably the most important game ever.

1946? LOL. Rupert has been uncovered as a tory boy. Remember the planning meeting at Woolwich Town Hall when the Tory leader, Peter King said he was there to watch Charlton win the cup in 1948!!! Cue exit.
    edited March 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]So does that then mean if we loose its the end of Charlton because thats how it sounds. I know with the current situation of the club each game is important but surely if we loose to Stockport saturday we will still have a club Monday. I just feel its very over the top to say its the most important game ever because its not. The playoff final vs Sunderland was more important in my eyes.
    If we lose on Saturday, it would not be the end of the world. But we'd be able to see it much better.

The '98 play-off final was more important. Past tense. That match lost its immediate significance a few years ago. (Maybe it merely delayed the point at which we reached the current plight. In other words, we were always going to end up here, we just didn't know how long it would take). Right now, there's nothing more important than Saturday.

My simple view is that we should not fall into the trap of underestimating the significance of the Stockport match.

I hope the players run on to the pitch on Saturday knowing how critical it is; have their ears rining from Parky's words about how vital it is; and can see, hear and feel the Covered End bellowing their total support for Saturday's game and holding nothing in reserve for the next one.

That's all.

Well put and said Chizz that really has explained your point very well and i understand now. Also dont worry us guys from the covered end will be as load as ever on Saturday just like every game i cant wait :-)
  • let us know in the East Stand when you start singing, we might join in !!
  • I don't think it's the North Stand that needs to learn how to support...
  • cafc cafc
  • [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]

In reality the 1946 FA cup final that we won was probably the most important game ever.

1946? LOL. Rupert has been uncovered as a tory boy. Remember the planning meeting at Woolwich Town Hall when the Tory leader, Peter King said he was there to watch Charlton win the cup in 1948!!! Cue exit.

Wikipedia for you mate i knew i shouldnt trust it lol great now i look like a real mug.
  • [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite] 1946 FA cup final that we won

X
  • Sponsored links:

• JTJT
    edited March 2010
    Clearly the 1997 Play off final was the most important....
  • [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]

Wikipedia for you mate i knew i shouldnt trust it lol great now i look like a real mug.
    "Now"?

;-)
  • LOL thought that would get a smile Chizz :-)
  • Should we beat Millwall next week - I have a feeling that could become ALL our most important wins ever...
    oh, until Leeds and Norwich at home and perhaps Southampton away AND.......