Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leeds sign Dickov until end of season

great signing in my opinion, you know that little sod will score against us.

Comments

• FFS..... that one player could have made the difference for us....

hes a right little shit and would put a thorn in anyones side.....

bad news
  • yep - seem to remember this coming up in a thread a while back and I said he'd be a great signing for us, better than anything we currently have.
  • Yeah good signing but just have the feeling Leeds are doing exactly what pards done after in our 1st season in the champ.

Getting all and sundry in they have a huge squad now and chopping and changing lately hasn't been working. How do the players that have done them so well feel now?

Well i can only hope they dont gel to quick
  • Total of 10 goals in last 4 years!
    Smacks of desperation and panic from Leeds.
  • For him to play they'd need to drop either Beckford or Becchio, so i can't see him getting much of a look in to be honest.
  • Good signing. He'll be good off the bench at least. I told you so! http://www.charltonlife.com/forum/comments.php?DiscussionID=32127&page=1#Item_7
  • Dirty Leeds have just got a whole lot dirtier by signing that little fcuker.
    Might be just what they need, to give Beckford and Becchio a kick up the backside in the run in.
  • Let Leeds have him, we've got Burton, Akpo, Mooney, McKenzie, Reid and Bailey.
  • Becchio is on a decent run for Leeds and I am not sure Grayson will drop Beckford so unsure whether Dickov will get in the starting line up. Agree he would have been good for us and despite only 10 in 4 seasons, he has had lots of injuries and a few clubs, maybe he is more of a goal threat than our strikers!
  • I guess Larry Grayson is grateful for back-up and an extra option up front.

And out of work 35 year old Dickov is grateful for one more contract.
  • Sponsored links:

• Interesting Kandol cannot get any look in, I was not in favour of him coming back but is he better than Mooney/Sodje?
  • [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Interesting Kandol cannot get any look in, I was not in favour of him coming back but is he better than Mooney/Sodje?

Kandol is a target man, but can run with the ball.

It does look like his career has been snuffed out at Leeds.
  • couldnt care about dickov couple of years back maybe but if thats as good as they can get they are welcome to him
  • well past his sell by date....... good luck to them
  • If we signed Dickov we'd be saying it's a waste of money, how can we afford it, only 10 goals in 4 years "not another non-goalscoring striker", too many loanees, Parky's getting desperate etc.

Can't see how he's any better than Burton. Better all round than Sodje maybe, but I doubt he'd score any more than him.

As for Kandol, I think he's at a similar level to Akpo and Mooney. All offer different things (well Akpo and Kandol aren't too different), but won't stand out at this level, would get the odd goal but none are natural goalscorers.
  • Dickov must be past his sell by date - or surely Pardew would have signed him for Southampton.
  • Sounds like he'll be arriving in Toronto as soon as Leeds's season is complete.