Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Important note for PS3 owners with 60gb

edited March 2010 in General Charlton
Basically the fat boy PS3 - original one.

Apparently there is a problem with the calendar on it and they are working on a patch. Official word from Sony is not to turn it on as there is a risk of data corruption.

I don't think there's anything permanent that can go pear shaped but if you don't want to risk all your game saves and trophies etc etc - best to leave it until tomorrow

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Yep, my mates fuming as he can't play alien v pred.

PS3's are crap, you all should have bought 360's :D:D

I really hope Medders has the fat ps3!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]Yep, my mates fuming as he can't play alien v pred.

PS3's are crap, you all should have bought 360's :D:D

I really hope Medders has the fat ps3!!

I have both actually - but the PS3 is the superior machine :-)
  • How do you know what gb it is
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I have both actually - but the PS3 is the superior machine :-)

So do I, I disagree.
  • I have a PS4 - It's much better than all of your machines so there (slammed door)
  • [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I have both actually - but the PS3 is the superior machine :-)

So do I, I disagree.

You are totally entitled to that opinion - life is all about opinions - regardless of the fact that, in this instance, yours is incorrect
  • [cite]Posted By: eastbourne addick[/cite]How do you know what gb it is

I think it's just about if it's a fat boy one or a PS3 slim. Slims are fine.

Best to check up on the Sony forums though
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: eastbourne addick[/cite]How do you know what gb it is

I think it's just about if it's a fat boy one or a PS3 slim. Slims are fine.

Best to check up on the Sony forums though

Pretty sure this is right.
  • I have original but thought it was 60gb? i may have to check as sometimes play couple of games of fifa before i go snooker. ill just save it for a day im sure ill live
  • edited March 2010
    You never had this problem with Subbuteo!
  • Sponsored links:

• What a result!!! I've got the 60gb, and I got the mrs 'the time travellers wife' on dvd for valentines day, as we use my ps3 instead of a dvd player WHAT A RESULT!!!!!!!! "Sorry love there's a problem with sony, now who's on Monday night football...."
  • I've got the 60gb PS3 and it is by far the best console out there. Is it ok to use if I turn my internet connection off?
  • Cheers for the heads up Swis. The playstation website seems to be down as well. Just phoned the helpline and they hope to have it sorted by later today.
  • I've got an old 60gb ps3 and after reading this decided to put it onto to see what the problem is however there is no problem and its working fine.
  • [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]I've got the 60gb PS3 and it is by far the best console out there. Is it ok to use if I turn my internet connection off?

it's not Internet related - it's the internal clock that's the prob I think. Something to do with leap years and calendars
  • I got an xbox because I wanted a games console, not some kind of media-centre hybrid. Was also significantly cheaper. It has much better online experience and largely better games. Never regretted it. My housemate has a ps3 and unless you have a HD tele and want to watch blu-rays, I really can't see the point.
  • [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]I've got the 60gb PS3 and it is by far the best console out there. Is it ok to use if I turn my internet connection off?
    60GB was awesome because it has Backwards compatibility. Unfortunatley with that model, the 'Yellow Light of Death' is inevitable. Could be next year, could be next month, could be tomorrow, but it will happen! Mine went last year. Got it temporarily fixed and then traded it in and upgraded to a slim. My advice for anyone with a 60GB model is trade it in for a slim before it breaks, or at least back everything up so if it does eventually break you won't lose any game saves etc...

Apparently even people who have never hooked there PS3 up to the internet are having the problem. Can't see why Sony didn't see this coming and try and fix it before it happened! Seems they knew straight away the problem was with the internal clock doing a Y2K!

On PS3 side note, anyone got Heavy Rain? Awesome game.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]I got an xbox because I wanted a games console, not some kind of media-centre hybrid. Was also significantly cheaper. It has much better online experience and largely better games. Never regretted it. My housemate has a ps3 and unless you have a HD tele and want to watch blu-rays, I really can't see the point.
    Fair enough, but with a PS3 you get a games console as well as all the bells and whistles and the fact it's a Blu Ray player to boot makes it an incredible piece of equipment. The 'better online experience' is of course very debateable and don't forget you have to pay for that on an xbox. And it doesn't have built in wireless, you have to buy an add on for that!
    But let's not turn this into a console war thread! PS3 owners love their PS3s and XBOX owners love their XBOXES, there isn't a right or wrong answer as to which is best.
  • what? dont turn the playstation on? or the calander?
  • [cite]Posted By: carlsberg[/cite]what? dont turn the playstation on? or the calander?
    The Playstation! Keep it off until you get the 'all clear'
  • Sponsored links:

• i might be being stupid but how the hell are they going to fix it without my ps3 even being turned on? sounds like a wind up to me. im turning it on F**k it. ill let you know.
  • well its on but the clock and date say 31/12 23:23 for some reason.

maybe its confused and when it strikes 12...........dont know if i should wait or not. im curios.
  • Anyone that's got to turn on their PS3 to find out the date deserves everything they get...
  • yea it dont work. s**t!
  • ive got a fat one but it rarely gets used
  • Problem with most fat PS3's, not just 60gb. Slim are all ok, well for the most part.

Fckin annoyed as I planned on having a good few hours on CoD tonight after showing Swis how it's done last night ;) No idea how they are going to get over this one as they wont be able to do an update as it's an internal problem with the machine. Guess they are hoping people know how to download to PC and update via USB?
  • to be honest, I think my 80g fckd up tonight as well, date went wrong and didnt have my Pro Evo data, also didnt sign me into Playstation network.

did play other games with no saved data though?
  • WAIT 48HRS THEN TRY AGAIN
  • all ps3s should be back online :o)