Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

E I E I E I O

edited February 2010 in General Charlton
Its always struck me but ive never thought to mention. We dont have a song for Parky, and alot of you may not be the greatest of fans. But why, when we sing 'e i e i e i o up the football league we go, when we win promotion, this is what we sing'.........do we not add......we are charlton we are charlton, PARKY is our king???

Comments

• Options
    something that has been annoying me for a while
  • Options
    & me... Definately need to add to that song IMO
  • Options
    What ever happened to the "We are Charlton, We are Charlton, Charlton Football Team" bit? We never quite seem to get there.
  • Options
    How about "We are Charlton, Super Charlton, Up the football league"???
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I've often wondered why we only sing part of the song and for some reason we always miss the last line. Is there a reason for this?

We are Charlton,We are Charlton, Parky is our King!
  • Options
    "We are Charlton, super Charlton, pride of South London"
  • Options
    come on you reds sung real real slow
  • Options
    Is there no way of getting this message through to the covered end choir!?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafc_se7[/cite]Is there no way of getting this message through to the covered end choir!?

Its ok mate i wil suggest it to some of the other song starters vs Stockport and see what we can come up with.
  • Options
    A MUST have.... we are Charlton, we are Charlton PARKY your a TWAT!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: UpsandDowns[/cite]A MUST have.... we are Charlton, we are Charlton PARKY your a TWAT!!!!
    i'm sure you rate highly in his books don't you? Oh wait you probably don't even register!
  • Options
    If only we could do a knees up and sing, "Knees up, Muvver Brown" everytime we scored.
    Bit hard with all those poxy overpriced seats in the way, I suppose.

Now they were the good ol' days of the Covered End Choir - not only did we have loads of different songs but we used to sing them too!

"Who's that copper with the 'elmet on....."

Or:

"If I had the wings of a sparrer, and you the arse of a crow -
    We'd fly over Millwall tomorrer, and sh*t on the b*st*rds below!.....".etc

Or:

"In your 'Uddersfield slums,
    You'd look in the dustbin for something to eat,
    You'd find a dead cat and you'd think it's a treat,
    In your 'Uddersfield slums"

Or:

"We got Peacock on the outside wing,
    And Treacy in the middle -
    When the balls in the back of the net,
    You'll hear the Covered End roar......"

Or:

"F*ck 'em all, f*ck 'em all,
    United, West Ham, Liverpool.
    We are the Charlton, and we atre the best,
    We are the Charlton, so F*ck all the rest!"

Or:

"We are Charlton, super Charlton.
    We are Charlton Covered End."

Or:

"Who's your father, who's you're father,
    Who's your father, referee?
    You ain't got one, you're a b*st*rd,
    You're a B*ST*RD referee!

Loads more, as some other old Covered Enders on here will remember.

And we had a chant or 2 for most players. We always sung their names.

Just pick out the tune of a current chart song and stick the player's name on the end.
    Loads of 'em.

Or just something like, "Ray Trea-cy, Ray Trea-cy, Ray Treacy, Ray Treacy," etc .... starting slow and getting quicker and quicker.

Or Kill-er! Kill-er". Or "Leeeeeeabuuuuuuurn! .... ", long and slow, rumbling around the ground.
    Bit like Leaburn himself come to think of it.

You get the gist.
    Better than the plebian "Red Army". Especially when it was sung away at Swindon.
    Duh!

;o)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Fings ain't what they used to be Oggy! I reckon seating has a lot to do with it, especially at our place: you've got the regular group of 'singers' and that's it! You can't wander round to join them and suggest or start new chants etc and as for the east and west, well........except for a few brave souls not a lot happens. But as it seems the acoustics are buggered anyway no one would hear the singing anyway! The last song I seem to remember doing well round the ground jwas the Johnny Robinson song (Who's that scoring goals?') but there must be some more surely!
  • Options
    Guess you're right Marcho - even in our early Prem days before the North Stand was built, we used to have terrific atmosphere - mainly triggered by the noisy Covered End.

But the present acoustics don't help, as you say.

I suppose it really all needs grouping together - we need the singers all in the same area like in the early Prem days.
    How many people in the North Upper come to sit in amongst the noisiest area, but don't sing themselves I wonder?

What we can do?
  • Options
    I shall ponder over it tomorrow mate as I drive round the highways and byways of Surrey and Sussex but will probably find myself singing those old songs you've reminded us of along with 'Have you ever seen a £5 note (to L'pool) and Na Na Hey Hey Charlton (circa 1970 I think). Not to mention 'Oh, Harry Harry , Harry Harry Harry Harry Gregory'. Got to go now Og, I'm getting tired and emotional. And I've run out of vino!!
  • Options
    Upsanddowns your not another one of those post premiership boo boys are you?Now shhh and get behind him FFS!
  • Options
    What about we make Parky super?
    It might pay off!
    Super, super Phil, super, super Phil......
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    "We are phil Parkinsons red army, we hate palace" That worked quiet well at QPR away i think it was last season thats sort of disapeared nothing wrong with that one.
  • Options
    I'd prefer the song we sung to the lino at Sarfend on Friday but replaced with Parky's name. Seriously, Parky is our King ? Are you lot deluded or what. He got the formation wrong again at Sarfend and took far too long to rectify what was clearly obvious to most of us. King ? He hasn't got past being a Serf yet.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]"We are phil Parkinsons red army, we hate palace" That worked quiet well at QPR away i think it was last season thats sort of disapeared nothing wrong with that one.

I vote this one, yes i know there's alot of Parky haters out there but it isn't bigging him up too much and he should have a song!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]"We are phil Parkinsons red army, we hate palace" That worked quiet well at QPR away i think it was last season thats sort of disapeared nothing wrong with that one.

I vote this one, yes i know there's alot of Parky haters out there but it isn't bigging him up too much and he should have a song!

Yea it was just after Parjew left last season im sure of it and as you say it dont praise him too much. However even if we scape up through the Playoffs all the haters will come up with a different opinion. Hes a League one manager at a League 1 club i have no problem with him or making a song for him. He is clearly involved in the clubs loong turn plans so get over it haters.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]

Yea it was just after Parjew left last season im sure of it and as you say it dont praise him too much. However even if we scape up through the Playoffs all the haters will come up with a different opinion. Hes a League one manager at a League 1 club i have no problem with him or making a song for him. He is clearly involved in the clubs loong turn plans so get over it haters.

Here here Ru, me n you are like two peas in a pod ;o)
  • Options
    No large im not deluded!Were 3rd in the league, parky managed us on a massive unbeaten run, getting some great victories in the process, we might have fallen away recently but the players he has brought in, you cant fault, some people may say sodje and mooney but i still think they have played a massive contribution towards our results!!No manager makes every substitution you want to see, so i think it could be you thats deluded thinking were going to get GOD in as manager!How are we going to go up when we dont have a togetherness about this club at all!?We used to sing songs about players who werent actually ever great, You'll never beat the fish! for salmon! If parky hears us calling him our king, i think it would have a more positive impact on our results than negative. I just think some of our fans need to get out of dreamland and get behind the boys, including parky and whether that means calling him our king, im more than happy to do so!I think he is a top bloke anyway, may not get everything right at times but as i said...who does?
  • Options
    entitled to your opinion cafc_se7 but don't agree with it. To call someone 'King' implies a certain status that the person has achieved. Parky has achieved nothing to warrant that moniker. I mean, he's been moaning all season about not having a natural left footed winger and then when he brings one in, Reid, he keeps dropping him and playing Bailey out of position. I agree that most of his signings have been good, Mooney and Sodje excepted, but unfortunately it's upfront where we most need someone and he has failed to bring a suitable player in. It's ok signing left backs, right backs etc but strikers win games and we havn't got a decent one. By all means sing a Parky song, if you really must, but King ? Maybe leader might be better. He won't even be manager next season.
  • Options
    We shall see but fair enough, by the way I dont think alot of clubs who sing e i e i e i o judge their actual manager as 'king' status its just a playful, gee up song which you sing when the good times are rolling!I mean come on, if the fans who sung it at southend really dont think parky is the man to take us up THIS season then why did they bother singing it at all?If they do believe he is then why cant we add the 'we are charlton, we are charlton, parky is our king'!?Thats all im questioning!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

He hasn't got past being a Serf yet.

That's Tilson, the Serfend manager
  • Options
    We are Charlton super Charlton pride of south London!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]entitled to your opinion cafc_se7 but don't agree with it. To call someone 'King' implies a certain status that the person has achieved. Parky has achieved nothing to warrant that moniker. I mean, he's been moaning all season about not having a natural left footed winger and then when he brings one in, Reid, he keeps dropping him and playing Bailey out of position. I agree that most of his signings have been good, Mooney and Sodje excepted, but unfortunately it's upfront where we most need someone and he has failed to bring a suitable player in. It's ok signing left backs, right backs etc but strikers win games and we havn't got a decent one. By all means sing a Parky song, if you really must, but King ? Maybe leader might be better. He won't even be manager next season.
    I think he most likely will be manager next season. How can you say he won't be at the current time?
  • Options
    I think this "eieieio up the football league we go" should be banned.

Has no one else noticed everytime we sing it we either let in a goal or our promotion rivals score and we dont go up the league at all. We've been singing this for 3 seasons the only way we seem to go is down. Its Jinxed.