Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What happened with the sending off?

2»

Comments

• Options
    dad said he got punched and they lost player,job done,im warming to hes antics,hes diffrent
  • Options
    was the best thing bailey done all night, must have been winding then geezer up big time. Bailey had a stinker first half. better second half when moved into middle.
  • Options
    didn't get a stonewall pen at Bristol Rovers, whatever happened tonight it was karma

I WANT GINGER HAIR TOO!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I had a clear view of the incident. As Christophe was setting the ball down for the free-kick, Bailey ran into the back of him to put him off. Christophe took offence and punched Bailey in the chest - around the heart area.

Red card from then on, but Bailey did no-one any favours with his play acting. Yes, the punch would have hurt, but to roll around like that? I think not.
  • Options
    he is a character i like him,seems intrested,we need characters
  • Options
    From where I was sitting, Bailey ran over to the guy barged into him and then the guy punched him in the ribs. Bailey overreacted

BUT it was a sending off as you can't punch someone! If a Charlton player had done the same to a Southend player, Southend fans would be saying the exact same thing.
  • Options
    Well I thought the whole incident was utterly hilarious. There wa so much thrashing around on the floor Shamu of Seaworld would have been proud of him. Cracking stuff, great entertainment, and ultimately won us three points.
  • Options
    I saw the following

Racon keeping the ball to prevent quick free kick
    Shrimper shoulder barged him to get the ball
    bailey barged shrimper
    Christophe got he arse and punched bailey - looked like it was into the bicep area

definite red card
    but Bailey overdid it with the rolling
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]so we had a ref on our side for once .....

From then on they got everything
  • Options
    It looked like a punch from what I saw too.
    Though NB made a full 14 course meal of it, it was a red card.
    I wish he didn't do his rolling around as it shames both him and us but the fact remains, whatever Bailey did afterwards, he was given a punch.

There must be some video to back this up but I imagine you had to be behind the goal at our end to see it properly.
    Where were the cameras?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    so can we clear this up? Did he get a punch to the heart area, ribs or now as someone just said the biceps? I think we should know which body area it was so we can judge his rolling around.
  • Options
    He made a right meal of it and went down like a sack of potatoes, but it was a sending off... ref nailed it with a red for him and a yellow for Bailey for the action before hand. Pretty sure it was the heart or just below area, regardless it was intentional.
  • Options
    Bailey should have been sent off too. He did nothing less than Christophe, only Christophe has a higher pain threshold obviously.

If I was a mugger I would target Nicky Bailey. You could just walk up to him and prod him and he would go down rendered defenseless. I wonder how he survived school as a ginger?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]jingle bells jingle bells.

Oh yeah, how does the rest go...?
  • Options
    Posted By: Henry Irving
    jingle bells jingle bells.

F**k is it christmas ...........if so let me know did we go up must have missed that !
  • Options
    Oi shrimpy, shouldn't you be getting on the back of Christophe for letting the occasion get to him and letting you down? As for the ginger ninja going down, Titson has just been on the box saying that he used to do the same for you, bet there weren't too many complaints then eh?

Go shrivel shrimp.
  • Options
    Only saw Bailey doing a Triple Salko on the pitch. Missed the melee before.
  • Options
    Doesnt matter if Bailey made a meal of it, or even if the Southend player went to hit him and misses by mile. Any attempt to strike an opponent, hard or soft, on target or off target is penalised with a red card.
  • Options
    Here are Tilson's comments on it:

"With the sending off, we know what Nicky Bailey is about; he's diving and rolling around on the pitch and that says it all.It's not the first time he has done it and it's a pretty regular thing with Nicky.''

Most of us would probably agree that's not an unfair observation overall. What is more intersting is what he doesn't say - i.e. he doesn't specifically deny that their man threw a punch. Therefore, Bailey's antics - although I wish he'd cut them out - become irrelevant to the sending off.
  • Options
    I didn't get a clear view of it , but was interested in the view of the Lino.He was up with the incident .The Ref consulted with him before awarding the red card.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: 4 bowman[/cite]Posted By: Henry Irving
    jingle bells jingle bells.

F**k is it christmas ...........if so let me know did we go up must have missed that !

For the benefit of younger Addicks, "Jingle Bells" was our song back in the 70s - whenever we won away.

"Oh, what fun it is to see
    Charlton win away!".

Those were the days when we always had a ton of songs, chants ....and, erm, jingles.

Henry was just telling Mr Shrimpy that whatever his grumbles about Bailey, red cards and their player who was stupid enough to strike an opponent - none of it really matters now.

Because:
    "Oh, what fun it is to see
    Charlton win away!"

;o)
  • Options
    Thanks for that Oggy.

Now, for the benefit of younger fans, could you please explain who Charlton are?

Thanks
    ;o)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Thanks for that Oggy.

Now, for the benefit of younger fans, could you please explain who Charlton are?

Thanks
    ;o)

Charlton are

"by far the greatest team the world has ever seen"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Thanks for that Oggy.
    Thanks
    ;o)
    Charlton are
    "by far the greatest team the world has ever seen"
    To be pedantic, that's Charlton Athletic FC.
    :-)
  • Options
    And what's this all about 9 goals going past some bird called Shelley?
  • Options
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicky_Bailey

someone being silly on Nicky's Wikipedia page
  • Options
    nick loves one gets done a few times
  • Options
    Very funny.

How do they manage liable laws on that site?
  • Options
    nick love has a west ham tattoo under the armpit at moment on there
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]Very funny.

How do they manage liable laws on that site?

I wonder who on earth wrote that AshTray.