Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Own Goal in tonights Game.

edited February 2010 in General Charlton
Dramatic stuff! Tomorrow night at Roots Hall will see a Southend United player score a deliberate own goal from the kick off in protest at the players not having been paid for January and February, as yet.

This protest has been dreamt up by the players, and has the full support of the management. The metaphore is that the Chairman is scoring an own goal by not paying the players, so they in turn will score an own goal.

The players have put this in secret to a Charlton player, and the hope is that this deliberate own goal will be immediately reciprocated. However, this will need to be approved by other Charlton players and management.

Watch and listen with interest tomorrow.

Not the greatest source, but surely worth a cheeky £1 on first goal. http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/

Comments

• Options
    lol, I love this one.
  • Options
    F*ck that, if they score an own goal we won't give them one back. We need all the help we can get!
  • Options
    I remember that website from years ago - absolutely bonkers transfer rumours on there.

It's an Ackworth wet dream that site
  • Options
    That's the site that you can send anything to and they'll put it on there. Literally make something completely ridiculous up, send it in and it goes on.
  • Options
    Utter bollocks. Although if they want to score an own goal that is fine by me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]F*ck that, if they score an own goal we won't give them one back. We need all the help we can get!

Defo we certainly do. Swisdom people from that part of the world tend to be cowboys mate. Steriotype sorry but its true.