Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Season Tickets - ***Deadline Extended Until Tuesday 6th April***

124»

Comments

• Options
    Has Stuwall got his yet?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]6000 sold which includes 405 5 yr S/T . It's on the O/S.

Discuss

Let's hope we go up.

It means most crowds next season will be under 10,000 in league one even if we shift another couple thousand more. I suppose thats a fair number for this level but 9,000 odd week in week out in a 27,111 capacity stadium will be a depressing sight and even more atmosphere less than it is now.

How many season tickets do we have this season?
  • Options
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I think 6,000 is very good considering people are paying for next year's matches before this season has even finished. Am guessing at another 2,000 being sold in the summer if we stay down, which would still take us up to 8,000 in total. Would expect ~20% reduction if we don't go up.
  • Options
    I think it makes it unlikely there will be any crowds below 10,000 next season. Even if there were no more season ticket sold, we do sell matchday tickets to home and away supporters, on top of which there are various comps.

I'd agree we might be down to 8k STs in the division, maybe 9k at a push. Then you're probably looking at 12-14,000 for a typical match.
  • Options
    i will renew but i think it's a fecking cheek asking people to renew in March, they will bring it forward to december next year.I mean why pay for something you aint going to use for 6 months.
  • Options
    Needs must, but people do it all the time with holidays.
  • Options
    Yeah, but, you look forward and tend to enjoy your holidays.......
    ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Needs must, but people do it all the time with holidays.

Needs must my arse, it wouldnt be hard to keep someones seat saved a few more months.

The cheaper price would have been incentive enough
  • Options
    Surely the reason clubs ask you to renew in March/April is so that they've got your money in and cleared to pay wages in the summer months when there are no games and so they have some money (although i doubt it'll be much) towards any transfers. It's not exactly a new thing is it, renewals are always around this time. I do agree that your actual seat should be kept available for longer though, even if the cost will go up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]Needs must, but people do it all the time with holidays.

Needs must my arse, it wouldnt be hard to keep someones seat saved a few more months.

The cheaper price would have been incentive enough

In that case, why are people complaining about it? They'd presumably have renewed now anyway.

In reality, the chances of losing your seat are pretty small. Season tickets are going off sale, and people who want new seats have either gone to vacant seats or are waiting for swap week, which is in mid to late June.

As far as I can see the only scenario in which you lose your seat is if you are slow off the mark when they go back on sale, which could be after the end of May anyway (i.e. later than last year's seat release), AND are very unlucky.
  • Options
    havent even thought about renewing yet, way too early. 6k quite healthy imo
  • Options
    Does this mean there will be a 'late deals' sale for season tickets in August for the unsold seats?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Can anybody tell me who at the Club is responsible for season ticket renewal please?

I've been charged a credit card fee and it says on the Official Site that one is not payable and others have not been charged.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/default.ink

It is the principle that is at stake here as muchas the amount.

Should I just e mail Waggott direct?

As Covered End rightly suggests try Dave Archer. Top guy and an Addick to boot.

Thank you Covered End, Henry and Airman.

I'll let the "rush" die down and then e mail Dave Archer next week.
  • Options
    just spoken to the commercial centre about the shirt sponsors evening but they said it's going mad there as it's deadline day.

Phone ring off the hook, emails coming in etc.

Will be interesting to see how many we end up with.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I have declined the offer of a possibly discounted seat, purely to help Charlton get promoted. i.e. if I don't buy one we are bound to go up..

:)

not sure if I will renew at all whatever league we are in, and certainly don't like being pressured into it by possibly losing my seats
  • Options
    Renewed this morning down at the ground, no queuing at all. was even able to get a new season tkt for my son who will be three. Its his first season tkt.

Must ask though why dont they allow under 7's in for free as they do at mk dons????
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    [cite]Posted By: WereByFarTheGreatest[/cite]Renewed this morning down at the ground, no queuing at all. was even able to get a new season tkt for my son who will be three. Its his first season tkt.

Must ask though why dont they allow under 7's in for free as they do at mk dons????

I think they are pretty cheap as it stands at £49 but I'll ask at the next Target 40k meeting this week.
  • Options
    I do find it funny how Airmans expanation just gets accepted just becasuse we are skint.

If we got asked to pay my household insurance/car insurance/car tax/ MOT/Service 4 months early we wouldnt be happy.

Funny how we put up with it with our football team and the explnantion is shockingly shite
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]I do find it funny how Airmans expanation just gets accepted just becasuse we are skint.

If we got asked to pay my household insurance/car insurance/car tax/ MOT/Service 4 months early we wouldnt be happy.

Funny how we put up with it with our football team and the explnantion is shockingly shite

Well, I'd rather pay up now, than go into administration in the summer, as we have no income to pay the wages between early May and early August.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i think +6,000 at the moment is very good.
  • Options
    Simply can't afford to renew currently, hadn't even crossed my mind.

Confident i'll keep the same seat when i renew over summer.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WereByFarTheGreatest[/cite]
    They do give a lot of tickets to schools and keep the price of a season pretty low for kids.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Simply can't afford to renew currently, hadn't even crossed my mind.

Confident i'll keep the same seat when i renew over summer.

you cant afford it but you showed your gambling habit on here the other day?