Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Worst ever adverts!

edited February 2010 in Not Sports Related
we buy any car . com is doing my brain in, absolutely hate it. Rates up there with those 118 idiots.

I wouldn't do any business with either of them just because I hate their adverts!

Comments

• Aaaarrrggghhh! You swine, you've just earwormed me!
  • Any 'ladies' adverts, you know: "Have you got an itchy fadge?" Try Canestan...

Aaargh, just as I'm spooning my dinner in my mouth, disgusting!
  • cadburys advert with the two weird children
  • [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]we buy any car . com is doing my brain in, absolutely hate it.

I wouldn't do any business with either of them just because I hate their adverts!

agreed but much better then GO COMPARE, cant stand him!

think this may of been a thread aswell as sure i put this somewhere??
  • i like the we buy any car adverts!

Surely Go Compare is the most annoying?
  • [cite]Posted By: I-SAW-POUSO-PLAY[/cite]cadburys advert with the two weird children

you talk about weird children, this was disturbing click here
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]i like the we buy any car adverts!

Surely Go Compare is the most annoying?

My 14 month old loves it. Whenever it comes on, she stops whatever she's doing, toddles over to the tv and stands watching it transfixed!
  • edited February 2010
    yeah that kinder egg ad is disturbing!
  • edited February 2010
    Though annoying adverts like go compare and we buy any car clearly work, however I hate adverts that are either blatant lies, are poorly thought out, or terribly written/made

Some examples:

The Give it Respect Toyota Yaris adverts where we see Yaris owners exacting revenge for some minor Yaris "disrespect", what are they trying to say with these adverts "Yaris: As driven by borderline psychos!"

Pretty much any Microsoft advert, they seem to make claims about enhanced productivity and ease of use, when in the real world the opposite seems to be true when I see users sat in front of this software. It's simply false advertising, but as the false claims are hard to prove they get to do it as often as they like.

Most McDonalds adverts, since they wanted one slogan for the world, they ended up with the meaningless "I'm lovin' it" and then try to build equally meaningless adverts around it.

I have to agree about the plethora of woman's sanitary and digestive adverts, but most adverts aimed at women are condescending rubbish. Skin cream and grey hair removal ads with 19 year old models in, the whole sudo-science crap they stick in all the various creme ads, skinning birds complaining about bloating whilst sticking their stomachs out and wearing baggy clothes, miraculously cured by a pot of yoghurt, a tight top and not sticking their bellies out!

New trend in bbc ads, instead of telling you when something's on, it just says coming soon. Being Human was a good example, weeks of ads saying coming soon and then suddenly it started, they must have shown the ad telling you the actual start time/date just the once, because I missed it, yet saw the "coming soon" version dozens of times.

Grrr, this is why I sky+ virtually everything worth watching and just skip the ads.
  • The current Halifax radio station adverts, and,

The Haribo adverts where the kids are interrogating the dad for knicking the good sweet. Where's the bucket........?
  • Sponsored links:

• agree with you randy on the new microsoft adverts' windows 7' think they are cheesy and very annoying
  • [cite]Posted By: nottsaddick[/cite]The Haribo adverts where the kids are interrogating the dad for knicking the good sweet. Where's the bucket........?

Evil looking child.
  • The worst ever adverts are the ones you've forgotten I assure you ;o)
  • [cite]Posted By: Red5[/cite]Any 'ladies' adverts, you know: "Have you got an itchy fadge?" Try Canestan...

Aaargh, just as I'm spooning my dinner in my mouth, disgusting!

Hahahaha i agree with that one defo
  • [cite]Posted By: randy andy[/cite]I have to agree about the plethora of woman's sanitary and digestive adverts,

And why is the liquid they use blue?
  • Im Josef Fritzl and no Windows was my idea
  • they are all horrible adverts but the point of adverts is to stick in your head. We buy any car.com is the most annoying thing in the world but its marketing for the braindead masses but it does it job.
  • Senokot - constipation tablets. Jesus, I've had a few rewarding turds in my time but I've never emeged from the throne looking as smug and self-satisfied as the bird on this advert looks after she's popped a couple of Senokots and then presumably laid a cable the size of Dundee!

Ocean Finance, Ambulance Chasers-Direct, Sainsbury's ads with Jamie Oliver and the insurance ads with Michael Winner (Calm Down Dear...) all rub me up the wrong way as well. And as for the Marks and Spencers bird - "this isn't just any crappy tv dinner, this is a M & S crappy tv dinner" - what sort of woman gets that excited about a microwaveable lasagne?! Get a grip on yourself!
  • Im going to take a poo at Pauls.
  • all Asda ads, M&S ads at Christmas, excepting that one with the dusky bird prancing about in her undies, and British Gas because everything they say are lies.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Im going to take a poo at Pauls.

You wouldn't want to mate. My flatmate and I have ensured, mainly threw a diet of kebabs and curries, that our khazi is a complete no-go area for normal mortals!
  • Post Gold for Cash. I don't know where this company is based but I bet their postman has just bought a Lamborghini.
  • WTF is a digestive transit? Sounds like chocolate covered van...and they honestly expect us to say "WOW, never knew my digestive transit was in danger, I'd better go get me some Yummy yum gullible tossers Yoghurt straight away"
  • Go Compare, Mazuma mobile, Ocean Finance.

We have Absolute on at work and the one about the graduate talent pool aggravates me. And why does it sound like sweep from Sooty is doing the ad for the Ireland v Brazil game?

Kwik fit TV ads make me fume with anger. They need to spend nothing on adverts and something on training the apes that 'work' for them.

All banking adverts. Especially Halifax and HSBC.

The pockfaced moron from the KFC advert nakes me feel like vomitting blood.
  • I cant watch the DD advert with the ginger haired dead child everywhere. Having seen it once is enough for it to stick in your mind or anything similar with flying pizzas, flying motorbikes or children that come back to life if you rewind the clock.
  • edited February 2010
    adverts that ask us to give money to other countries or tortured animals when our own back garden is a mess
  • [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]agree with you randy on the new microsoft adverts' windows 7' think they are cheesy and very annoying

Probably better than the slow motion xbox live ads with the weird looking lobotomised people with the backs of their heads missing, but still annoying.

But the new windows adverts are annoying, some breathless idiot says I wanted it to be easier and now it is, but it's never explained how its easier, from personal experience I can say moving all the buttons around and renaming things really confusing most end users, and things like the "magical" snap feature from one of the ads is great if you only have a couple of programs open at once, but I currently have 9 windows open, and snapping some of those would seriously screw up the careful arrangement of windows and sub-windows I have.
  • edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]

We have Absolute on at work and the one about the graduate talent pool aggravates me. .

Spot on. It's the irritating music and the patronising message and the bit about the internships "..and some of them may even pay!!!" as if hoping to get a job that pays money for a day's work after graduating is asking for a minor miracle.

Also cant abide the business advice one that seems to be on loop on LBC "Need help with your own business" before cutting to the supposed advisors who sound like a collective of morons that make "N Dubz" sound as if they have a more adequate command of the English language, particularly "Kieran" with he's "less doo it" remark.

Trust them with giving me business advice? I wouldnt trust them to look after a goldfish given that advert.

Gets right on my ample tits that does.
  • [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]we buy any car . com is doing my brain in, absolutely hate it. Rates up there with those 118 idiots.

Agreed, without doubt the most inane shite advert ever excreted out by an ad agency. You can imagine the board meeting full of yuppies 'brainstorming' and 'thinking out of the box' this one was designed to appeal to monosylabic chavs and was thought up in 2 seconds and made on a budget of a fiver. Companies like this would never get my cash on principal!
  • I usually forget ads, and never base my consumption on stuff I see in ads.

However, Windows 7 ads are infuriating, like Windows stuff always has been

Go Compare is annoying, as are all yogurt ads, over-the-counter medicines and people who want to take your gold. I can tolerate we buy any car and liked the weird Cadbury's kids. I have no idea what Ocean Finance is, or why they have a TV channel, or if that's supposed to be some clever joke, so that's a pretty unsuccessful ad. I might go watch some TV to decide what else I don't like.