Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Basey's Injury

edited February 2010 in General Charlton
First and foremost despite a terrible performance tonight, have to feel sorry for Basey. He has had a decent run in the side and has generally improved game by game, although he has his faults, a terrible injury tonight and of course I wish him all the best and hop he is back sooner rather than later.

Hope that Youga will be back soon but if he is not do people think we will stick with Solly or sign someone on loan, now Dickson has gone are there funds to bring somone new in?

Also someone mentioned he is out of contract in June, I am not sure if this is the case but if it is, it is an even bigger blow for Grant.

Finally what is it about our players getting horrific injuries from awful unpunished challenges from the opposition (I am thinking Toddy here)

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Finally what is it about our players getting horrific injuries from awful unpunished challenges from the opposition (I am thinking Toddy here)

Muscat on Matty Holmes was the worst!
  • Pringles was another horror tackle...
  • That was a truly awful tackle which left me feeling rather sick. As for unpunished challenges, I wonder if a Millwall team would have allowed it to go "unpunished" ?.
    With Mooney's egg on the head as well I bet our lads couldnt wait to get away from that place - he looked like he was way out of it as he left the field.
  • Can I ask a question of any that went, did Blizzard ever go over and apologise to Basey or check on his condition? As obviously they kept reshowing the challenge so, that useless opinionated fool, Birtles could tut some more. When they finally showed Blizzard the stretcher was being carried off and he was smiling at something one of his team mates had said. So basically Sky made him look like he thought the whole thing was great and he cared not a jot
  • it's a pity one of Basey's team mates didnt say something to Blizzard to wipe that smile off his face !!
  • [cite]Posted By: BEANBAG[/cite]it's a pity one of Basey's team mates didnt say something to Blizzard to wipe that smile off his face !!

welcome newbie
  • Thank you cfgs, been a reader for ages, but felt I had to make a comment about that challenge.
  • Well welcome to the board and comment as much as you want, especially if you help dillute the depression that usually pervades on here
  • [cite]Posted By: BEANBAG[/cite]it's a pity one of Basey's team mates didnt say something to Blizzard to wipe that smile off his face !!

A few runs of studs down the back of the leg would have done the trick. Sadly I bet nothing happend because our team are of bunch of spineless shits that wouldnt know team spirit if it smacked them in the face, nice one Parky, you've really built up a great team ethos there, well done for getting the team to give 100% week in week out.

The sad thing is, that could be that last we see of Basey if we go up (LOL) and still could be even if we don't.

All the best Basey, hoping for a fast recovery!
  • It's not only the fact that it was 12 secs into the game, Rovers hadn't even touched the ball. They should have been playing 89 mins & 48 secs with 10 men.
    The ref had a word with thier capt later about Blizzard and then a couple of mins later, he was subbed.
  • Sponsored links:

• didn't one of the rovers players go off for a stud mark near his knee??
  • Have to say I'm in agreement with you Stu. From the little I have seen this year, there seems to be far too many of our youngsters who strutt around with this 'rudeboy' attitude.
    When things don't go their way many seem to let their heads drop and almost sulk. Seems a complete lack of team spirit!
  • I think if it was more than a minute into the game the Rovers guy would have walked. For obvious reasons, referees don't want their first action to be a sending off but that is what it deserved. It was an awful challenge and you could tell Basey was hurt straight away. I suppose the only positive is that the OS is now stating in its ticker that "Grant Basey thought to have avoided a broken leg after being carried off on Monday".

CFGS, I wasn't focusing completely on Blizzard but the incident was directly in front of me, and I don't remember him approaching Basey and apologising or anything like that. But I suppose you could have told that about his character from the fact that he was willing to make such an awful tackle in the first place.
  • Any news on now bad the injury is? Thought he was having a scan to see the extent of the injury and how long on the sidelines. Hope its not career threatening.
  • Supposedly not broken but the angle it looked on the telly it must be at the very least severe ligament damage
  • I think it's worth having a real enforcer in the side, someone who the oppo knows will take revenge for tackles like that.
    Once they've evened up the score a couple of times, other teams will know and will think twice. A bit of "Bailey's gonna getcha" would work wonders. Except he falls down like a girl too often himself. Where are ya, Kish?

As has been said many times, we're too bl00dy soft.
  • [cite]Posted By: IdleHans[/cite]I think it's worth having a real enforcer in the side, someone who the oppo knows will take revenge for tackles like that.
    Once they've evened up the score a couple of times, other teams will know and will think twice. A bit of "Bailey's gonna getcha" would work wonders. Except he falls down like a girl too often himself. Where are ya, Kish?

As has been said many times, we're too bl00dy soft.

semedo WAS doing thisearlier in the season - people were bouncing off him and sometimes still do. sadly he seems to have lost a yard of pace and is consequently not getting there first now
  • Would imagine parky trying to get a left back in on loan, with yougs out still solly looked abit young to be there.
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Would imagine parky trying to get a left back in on loan, with yougs out still solly looked abit young to be there.

Play Semedo at LB for now......?

I believe I read somewhere that he can play LB. We could do with a bit of experience there.
    Semedo is looking a bit lost in CM at the mo.
  • I think that Blizzard bloke is Millwall innit
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Shag[/cite]I think that Blizzard bloke is Millwall innit

Snow idea mate, but he sure created a storm.
    Kept drifting in and out of the game.
  • [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]Can I ask a question of any that went, did Blizzard ever go over and apologise to Basey or check on his condition? As obviously they kept reshowing the challenge so, that useless opinionated fool, Birtles could tut some more. When they finally showed Blizzard the stretcher was being carried off and he was smiling at something one of his team mates had said. So basically Sky made him look like he thought the
    whole thing was great and he cared not a jot

blizzard did not go over and apologise , he seemed to be laughing at something , maybe not being sent off!!
  • Was Blizzard the one that got Youga as well, don't remember the challenge at The Valley which injured Kelly but that it two left backs he has injured.
  • Semedo at left back, switch to 4-5-1 and bring Shelvey or Reid in? OR Llera in at left back to add some more height and heading ability to the defence where we've conceded most of our goals of late.
  • I seem to remember Steve Brown having a serious knee ligament injury that sidelined him for a year before he got into the first XI and was still a reserve.

I don't think that Basey's injury is that bad, it seems to be bruising/a strain rather than a snapped ligament.
  • "I've had no contact with him and no one's called me from Bristol. I'm not expecting it, though, as these things happen in football. You just have to move on."

Bit shitty really isn't it. Can't even be bothered to send a note or give a 2 minute phone call.
  • Poor Grant is slow enough as it is - this could be career-threatening.
  • [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]"I've had no contact with him and no one's called me from Bristol. I'm not expecting it, though, as these things happen in football. You just have to move on."

Bit shitty really isn't it. Can't even be bothered to send a note or give a 2 minute phone call.

Shows what a lack of class the tossers have. I thought Bristol Rovers were the class of that area when compared to the 'wonderful' Bristol City,seems I was sadly wrong. All the best Grant.