Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Double dip

Reported on radio this morning we could be heading for a double dip recession,dont sound good at all -;(

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2010
    they've warned several times about this - scary times it seems.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be getting any better anywhere - all sectors are still struggling and job security is non existent. I'm just glad I work for my dad now and seeing as he might be about to clinch a massive contract this could keep me in work for 5 or 6 years!

alternatively it could go tits up and I'm out on my ear!
  • Options
    I'd rather have a shebert dip....to be serious that's not good news
  • Options
    It will mean we retain more breadcrumbs.
  • Options
    We never really came out of recession properly, so it's not really. Pretending that we were out of it because there was a 0.5% growth spike was not helpful.
  • Options
    The whole country and everyone in it have massivley over borrowed...whilst lower Base Rates mean that people are paying debt back quicker the country is continuing to borrow more and more! Could well be painful times ahead, we will see.
  • Options
    There will be so many people made redundant in the public sector over the next few years that those over the age of 50 will find themselves on the unemployment scrapheap for many years to come, IMHO. A lot of Local Authorities have already announced that they will be making cutbacks in staffing