Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luger crashes and dies in training for the Winter Olympics

IAIA
edited February 2010 in Other Football and Sports
link

Terrible, tragic news. Best wishes to his family and the rest of the Georgian team in coping with this

Comments

• Options
    Saw the video before it was pulled!
    Thankfully he probably didn't feel much

rip nutty luge man
  • Options
    terrible accident - my heart goes out to him & his family - was very sad seeing the Georgian team entering the stadium at the opening ceremony tonight
  • Options
    They're still showing the clip on the news here. Horrible. I find myself really wishing that someone would show a little bit of judgment...

What a heartbreaking story.
  • Options
    Just saw the vid somewhere else, i wont post it but what chance have you got at that speed
    RIP
  • Options
    Tragic tragic news. Am officiating up at the start for Bobsleigh and Skeleton races over the next couple of weeks and know the medic that was first on the scene. Going to be very subdued up there I think. Have heard that the luge will continue but starting lower down the track. Will make it a lot safer for everyone else.

RIP
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thecrazyaddick[/cite]Tragic tragic news. Am officiating up at the start for Bobsleigh and Skeleton races over the next couple of weeks and know the medic that was first on the scene. Going to be very subdued up there I think. Have heard that the luge will continue but starting lower down the track. Will make it a lot safer for everyone else.

RIP

Well at least that's something.

I was watching a winter Olympics show a few weeks ago on BBC and the British luge/skeleton competitors were saying it's like one big family between all the countries' competitors. As you'd expect, to be honest - they're all throwing themselves down a big hill taking their life in their hands when they do it. Hard to imagine what it must be like for the other competitors or the Georgian team.

In that same show, they said that the Canadians had cut back foreign teams' training time on the track as much as possible to give themselves an advantage. I think in the fullness of time that will be shown to be a dangerous decision by the hosts, and will be prevented when the Olympics go to Russia.
  • Options
    I haven't seen it, but I'm not going out of my way to find that video, and I don't think anyone should post it, really
  • Options
    Think you're right. Though this guy had 26 runs on the Whistler track which is a fair number on one track. Have not seen the video and don't want to.
  • Options
    What a terrible accident, such a shame for the young man and his family. RIP
  • Options
    They should name the event after him. RIP.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP Mr Luge man.
  • Options
    Should have been the highlight of his young life competing at the Olympics. What a tragic and heartbreaking story. RIP