Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Winter Olympics 2010 - Vancouver

Didnt even realise this started tonight!!

Are Jamaica in the bobsleigh this year?

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]

Why are you jamaican?
  • Since Cool Runnings, yes.
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Since Cool Runnings, yes.

Haha quality film!

And yeah i had an idea winter olympics were starting but not heard anything about it, used to love the games you could by for it. a good one to play when your mates come round

Didn't someone say something about knowing someone from sidcup who is going over there to compete? if so best of luck to her and the GBR team
  • Think the sidcup man is competing for Canada if I remember. Will be watching though to see if he has got his Charlton hat on!
  • over 30 athletes already kicked out for drugs irregularities............don't you just love the olympics!!!!!
  • My Olympic story.... I live in Whistler - home of a number of the alpine and sliding events. Have been learning to pilot a Bobsleigh the past 3 months or so....hit 131km/h going from turn 3 on the Olympic track.

The other morning was live on Canadian breakfast television (GlobalTV for the Canadians on here) explaining how an accountant from South East London ends up piloting a bobsliegh on an Olympic track in Whistler. Told them my inspiration was my old man and the film cool runnings.
  • [cite]Posted By: thecrazyaddick[/cite]I live in Whistler

got a spare room??!
  • Ha. Not during the games. Do have a campervan in my driveway under the snow. Warm enough to stay in there at the moment!
  • Anyone watching the snowboarding? It's quality.
  • [cite]Posted By: thecrazyaddick[/cite]My Olympic story.... I live in Whistler - home of a number of the alpine and sliding events. Have been learning to pilot a Bobsleigh the past 3 months or so....hit 131km/h going from turn 3 on the Olympic track.

The other morning was live on Canadian breakfast television (GlobalTV for the Canadians on here) explaining how an accountant from South East London ends up piloting a bobsliegh on an Olympic track in Whistler. Told them my inspiration was my old man and the film cool runnings.

I missed that & CTV has been on almost 24/7 in our house!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]Didnt even realise this started tonight!!

No, but you can get good odds on the Irish bobsleigh team making a movie about their experience
  • That snowboarding is fantastic
  • edited February 2010
    Can't wait for the hockey. It promises to be awesome - the talent amongst the Russian forwards just beggars belief, and the Canadian team just oozes quality everywhere. Finland and Sweden are in the mix too. Nice to see the women's tournament off to a bang with such a close first game - Canada 18 Slovakia 0 :)
  • Snowboard cross is just the best event to watch. The downhill may well be the blue ribband event, but this stuff is compulsive viewing!!
  • edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Can't wait for the hockey. It promises to be awesome - the talent amongst the Russian forwards just beggars belief, and the Canadian team just oozes quality everywhere. Finland and Sweden are in the mix too. Nice to see the women's tournament off to a bang with such a close first game - Canada 18 Slovakia 0 :)

Did I say previously that I have tickets to the final?

Canada vs Russia would be immense but the great thing about Hockey is that you can never tell who will end up in the final two so who knows who'll it be.
  • How do you get in to Luge? I think I could do well at that event.
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]Snowboard cross is just the best event to watch. The downhill may well be the blue ribband event, but this stuff is compulsive viewing!!
    That was great, feel a bit for the Canadian for blew it at the end.
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]How do you get in to Luge? I think I could do well at that event.
    [cite]Posted By: KillersBeard[/cite]Snowboard cross is just the best event to watch. The downhill may well be the blue ribband event, but this stuff is compulsive viewing!!

Yeah, poor guy, he's from the same small town that Oakster lives in as well.
  • [cite]Posted By: vancouveraddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]How do you get in to Luge? I think I could do well at that event.

Yeah, poor guy, he's from the same small town that Oakster lives in as well.

My town has a silver medal, a best ever Canadian finish in the XC & plenty more to come - I am absolutely loving these games. Bilodeau last night was absolutely amazing - one of the greatest sporting moments I have witnessed.
  • Awesome night yesterday. Bedouin sound clash live in Whistler village. Canadian wins their first gold in the moguls on the big screens... the whole place went absolutely mental.

Up at the start for the skeleton today... British chick looking good.

Loving being in the middle of all this! Coming home and seeing the footy result sucked though.
  • This cracked me up though

Konichiha duuuude...
  • Sponsored links:

• Loved that mogul thing, how fucked are those guys n gals knees gonna be in a few years time?
  • edited February 2010
    The lovely Chemmy Alcott out there right now representing us in the Womens Downhill
  • edited February 2010
    Not a skiing fan but was totally entranced by the womens downhill last night. Some quality crashes and a few good looking ladies. Vonn is lovely.

30e3303347225053619b233ac38cd674.jpg
  • just watching the 'doubles' luge on BBC2 now....2 big blokes, one lying on top of the other, on a little tea tray - WTF !!!!!!!
  • That sounds hilarious, will look for a video now

Is curling really the only thing on at the Winter Olympics right now? Grrrrr.
  • Canada/Switzerland (hockey) coming on as I type...not likely broadcast over there though!

And yes, doubles luge is a tough one to get excited about. Single is poor enough, but double takes the cake.
  • [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Anyone watching the snowboarding? It's quality.

Yes, absolutely brilliant sport.
  • I'm enjoying the snowboarding halfpipe. Might switch over to the hockey in a bit
  • [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]I'm enjoying the snowboarding halfpipe. Might switch over to the hockey in a bit
    Thoroughly enjoyed USA v Norway
  • Four years to the day after derailing Canada in Turin, the Swiss are taking us to overtime starting right now...

The halfpipe is good, but I absolutely love the snowboard-cross event!