Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

female ref at coventry tonight

edited February 2010 in General Charlton
came on as sub.

What's the highest level that a woman has officiated in the men's game before?

Comments

• edited February 2010
    Wendy Toms has refereed a few games I think.

Or did she only ever run the line?
  • I think she only ever ran the line but remember her to be pretty good - not that there's any reason she shouldn't be! Can't be any worse than Stuart Atwell!
  • There is a woman referee that regularly refs in Irish League matches...

Don't know her name but I've seen her on the telly...
  • Thought this was going to be a 'Would ya' ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]came on as sub.

What's the highest level that a woman has officiated in the men's game before?

Steady Henry, you don't want to be accused of being "unconciously sexist" for mentioning the "f-word" now, do you?

The fact that she, or he, may be female, or male, surely has no impact on whether she, or he, is any good at her, or his, job. The fact that you have brought to our attention the fact that this person may, or may not, be female - or male, leads me to conclude that you are in fact a bastard love child from the Genghis Khan/Adolf Hitler/Bernard Manning/John Craven gene pool and I refute, rebuff, detest and abhor every commment that you may, or may not, have intended to have made here.

I hope and trust that this makes my position crystal clear on this issue. But, for the avoidance of doubt - THERE IS NO ROOM FOR WOMEN IN FOOTBALL.
  • edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Wendy Toms has refereed a few games I think.

Or did she only ever run the line?

I have a feeling she reffed in the Conference or whatever it used to be called.
  • 47 :| didn't see the match but highly doubt at that age she could keep up 100% with the pace of the game, could she?
  • I think I will be all right Off-It as I doubt Ashtray is related to her as well.

"A match that will be remembered as the first time a female referee took charge of a Football League fixture will not live long in the memory of the Nottingham Forest supporters. This result will reinforce the view in some parts that the first cracks are starting to appear in Forest's ­promotion challenge as Freddy Eastwood condemned Billy Davies's side to their second defeat in three matches on a night that ended with Amy Fearn refereeing.

Fearn, who was strongly criticised by Mike Newell when she ran the line at a Luton Town match in 2006, replaced Tony Bates in the 71st minute after the referee limped off injured. There were the predictable cheers when she awarded her first free-kick, in Coventry's favour, but her time in the middle passed by without major incident as Forest's threat petered out and Chris Coleman's team held on to secure victory."
  • [cite]Posted By: Atletico Addick[/cite]47 :| didn't see the match but highly doubt at that age she could keep up 100% with the pace of the game, could she?

Toms is 47 but she wasn't the ref last night.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I think I will be all right Off-It as I doubt Ashtray is related to her as well.

That was my Mum, you sexist twat!

;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I think I will be all right Off-It as I doubt Ashtray is related to her as well.

;-)

Freudian choice of insult there : - )
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]I think I will be all right Off-It as I doubt Ashtray is related to her as well.

;-)

Freudian choice of insult there : - )

Ha ha! You leave my Mum's vagina out of it, you dirty bugger. (Oops another Freudian insult!)
  • [cite]Posted By: Atletico Addick[/cite]47 :| didn't see the match but highly doubt at that age she could keep up 100% with the pace of the game, could she?
    You have to pass a physical to become a ref, it would be outrageous is the test was any different for females so I doubt it is an issue. As for a female refereeing a male game, there's no money in the female game so it should be allowed if they're good enough.
  • Well turned out last night I thought , could've perhaps done with 1 or 2 hairclips but footwear and outfit matched perfectly even down to bra and briefs .
  • edited February 2010
    She was going to Ref from the start but it took her an hour to reverse her car into the parking bay.
  • I wonder if an increase in showing red cards would correlate with them having the painters in...
  • She was a bit slow around the pitch as the only clock she could read was the one on her cooker !!!