Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Colchester

edited February 2010 in General Charlton
I haven't really seen CU mentioned in the three-way battle for a top two spot but they could be above us come Saturday evening after a 2-0 win over Southend last night.
They've got Yeovil away next - and could be 4 points ahead of us if we lose on Monday and the U's beat Stockport away on Tuesday.
All ifs and buts but I hadn't really thought of them as contenders for an auto spot. Swindon have been in the spotlight as potential challengers of late. The crap pitches don't disrupt Aidy Bothroyd's direct style of play though I guess.
We'll beat Rovers though, and I can't see CU getting 6pts from two away games.

Comments

• edited February 2010
    Their chairman seems an amusing character.

http://www.cu-fc.com/page/News/0,,10424~1936460,00.html
  • Can't get the link to work because of the commas but that really is the address if you can be bothered to cut & paste.
  • edited February 2010
    Colchester had a bit of a wobble recently but other than that have just quietly kept pace in the play off positions. Don't see them as 2nd place contenders, but then my faith that we are is declining rapidly and I don't necessarily worry about third,to me its either automatic or playoff, if, as looks likely we end up in the play offs i worry that a team like Colchester will steam roller us.
  • their pitch is a disgrace, games shouldn't be allowed to be played on that.....we wouldn't use something that bad on a sunday morning.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]their pitch is a disgrace, games shouldn't be allowed to be played on that.....we wouldn't use something that bad on a sunday morning.[/quote]
    Agreed,that pitch is appalling,it led to the 1st goal,the centre half for Sarfend was clearing a toe poked ball off the line and all he managed to do was hoof a load of sand in the air and the ball trickled over the line. I couldnt watch all the game,the pitch was annoying,the ball didnt seem to bounce or roll very well. As has been said,it doesnt affect colchesters style of play but any footballing side wouldnt have a chance.
  • I'd always felt that they'd fall away but i just had a look at Colchester's remaining games, and they are very much in with a shout of automatic.
    They play Millwall and Swindon at home and go to us and Huddersfield. And that's about it for the top clubs.
  • Bit surprised that you have never considered them for one of the automatic places. After their first game of the season I thought they might win the league!
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Bit surprised that you have never considered them for one of the automatic places. After their first game of the season I thought they might win the league!

Ha ha true, i just thought their route one football would get found out and they'd fall away.
  • Colchester have got a class stiker at this level in Kevin Lisbie.

Shame Pardew let him go really.

*Dons tin hat retires behind sandbags*
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Colchester have got a class stiker at this level in Kevin Lisbie.

He's got less goals than Bailey and Burton!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Colchester have got a class stiker at this level in Kevin Lisbie.

He's got less goals than Bailey and Burton!

I bet he has a lot of assists though.....
  • I watched the game on Sky last night thinking that we will have to go there in the play-offs, when the pitch is likely to be even worse.

It was woeful football - there were no players on either side who you'd fancy on that showing. Moussa maybe, but that's about it.

Colchester will continue to rack up points at home based on their direct style. The traditional method of countering 'thug football' by passing the ball around ponderous and pedestrian players stands no chance on that surface.
  • [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]It was woeful football - there were no players on either side who you'd fancy on that showing. Moussa maybe, but that's about it.

Colchester will continue to rack up points at home based on their direct style. The traditional method of countering 'thug football' by passing the ball around ponderous and pedestrian players stands no chance on that surface.

get used to it if we don't go up
  • What's the point of worrying about what other teams might or might not do?
    You might as well sit contemplating your own naval and join the Suicide Squad.

We've got16 games to play, 48 points to challenge for.
    And if we beat Colchester, or whoever - that's 3 points we get and they don't.

All in our own hands.
  • [cite]Posted By: Redvalleyeast[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]their pitch is a disgrace, games shouldn't be allowed to be played on that.....we wouldn't use something that bad on a sunday morning.
    Agreed,that pitch is appalling,it led to the 1st goal,the centre half for Sarfend was clearing a toe poked ball off the line and all he managed to do was hoof a load of sand in the air and the ball trickled over the line. I couldnt watch all the game,the pitch was annoying,the ball didnt seem to bounce or roll very well. As has been said,it doesnt affect colchesters style of play but any footballing side wouldnt have a chance.

We'll be ok though as we've got them at home :-)
  • I was surprised Leeds let Prutton go there, as they are potentially one of the sides that could nick 2nd place.
  • it does matter what other teams do oggy tho (worry or not worry) but the shittier they are the more leeway we get ... so yep it all adds to the mix......
    looking at the bigger picture and you can see that it'll be a close run thing for the playoffs and top two ...
    whatever way you look at it the teams with points in the bag norwich and leeds have it more so in their hands at the moment(draws will suit them against us)
    i worry about every team near us in the league cos it has a monumental affect on what we ultimatley achieve FACT ;-)