Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I've just seen.....

A very tanned Peter Varney, Steve Waggott & an unknown third man chatting at North Greenwich tube. Waggy & the mystery man walked off towards the O2 & Varney returned to the tube station car park.

Make of that what you will but I reckon AEG are buying us :-)

Comments

• a pig flying, while throwing snow balls
  • [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]a pig flying, while throwing snow balls

Nope, it's all true.
  • Shouldn't this be on the takeover thread?

Was this the mystery buyer?
  • was it a real tan, or a tango man tan? we should be told.
  • [cite]Posted By: mistrollingin[/cite]was it a real tan, or a tango man tan? we should be told.

I'm confident it was real,none of the Tango nonsense for our Reg!
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Shouldn't this be on the takeover thread?

Was this the mystery buyer?[div class=Attachments id=Attachments_630302][ul][div]Mystery Buyer.jpeg[/div][/ul][/div]

No, it's not him. The mystery man had black hair & glasses & was carrying a brown leather man bag :-)
  • Probably just off to buy darts tickets for Thursday :-)
  • a brown leather bag, with a man in it? i'm calling Scotland Yard.
  • edited February 2010
    The mystery man had black hair & glasses & was carrying a brown leather man bag :-)

The man bag makes me think it was Dave White but Black hair?

Next time just take a photo or go up and ask : - )

my money's on one of these two.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]The mystery man had black hair & glasses & was carrying a brown leather man bag :-)

my money's on one of these two.[div class=Attachments id=Attachments_630318][ul][div]New buyer.jpeg[/div][/ul][/div]

No, no, no - I know Murray & Chappell, definitely not them! :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]The mystery man had black hair & glasses & was carrying a brown leather man bag :-)

my money's on one of these two.[div class=Attachments id=Attachments_630318][ul][div]New buyer.jpeg[/div][/ul][/div]

Think you maybe looking too much into this mate, what makes you think he is from AEG??? i agree with Henry should have just put in takeover then i didnt have to look at it :-)
  • edited February 2010
    [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]The mystery man had black hair & glasses & was carrying a brown leather man bag :-)

Think you maybe looking too much into this mate, what makes you think he is from AEG??? i agree with Henry should have just put in takeover then i didnt have to look at it :-)

The comment on AEG was very tongue in cheek - that's what :-) smiley face was for

:o)
  • must be this guy then
  • JohnnyBev - oh dear, do you honestly think I'd believe AEG were buying us after seeing 2 CAFC board members chatting to someone at North Greenwich!! I can almost hear the conversation now, shall we meet in the boardroom to finalise the deal... No, lets meet at north Greenwich tube outside whsmiths FFS!
  • It'd probably very prudent of AEG to buy us. They could sell The Valley and move us into the Dome! They'd get loadsamoney and playing under a marquee us fans wouldn't be chilled by the snow rolling in from the Thames!

I can't see any reason why this idea couldn't come to fruition........
  • [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]

The comment on AEG was very tongue in cheek - that's what :-) smiley face was for

:o)

lol as you may of realised i didn't realise AEG was a joke, sorry :-)
  • [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]JohnnyBev - oh dear, do you honestly think I'd believe AEG were buying us after seeing 2 CAFC board members chatting to someone at North Greenwich!! I can almost hear the conversation now, shall we meet in the boardroom to finalise the deal... No, lets meet at north Greenwich tube outside whsmiths FFS!

Alright mate, chill out! only saying it could be anyone they talking too and was not aware
  • [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]JohnnyBev - oh dear, do you honestly think I'd believe AEG were buying us after seeing 2 CAFC board members chatting to someone at North Greenwich!! I can almost hear the conversation now, shall we meet in the boardroom to finalise the deal... No, lets meet at north Greenwich tube outside whsmiths FFS!

Too many people coming and going at the Valley. Staff, fans buying tickets etc, so as soon as they went there it would be all over the internet in minutes.

Nice lunch at the Dome to discuss details, maybe in one of the boxes inside the arena keeps it under wraps.

And they would have got away with it if it wasn't for that Pesky Weststand Cookie.

If only someone had thought of inventing a mobile phone that can take pictures then we'd all know by now ; - )
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]JohnnyBev - oh dear, do you honestly think I'd believe AEG were buying us after seeing 2 CAFC board members chatting to someone at North Greenwich!! I can almost hear the conversation now, shall we meet in the boardroom to finalise the deal... No, lets meet at north Greenwich tube outside whsmiths FFS!

Too many people coming and going at the Valley. Staff, fans buying tickets etc, so as soon as they went there it would be all over the internet in minutes.

Nice lunch at the Dome to discuss details, maybe in one of the boxes inside the arena keeps it under wraps.

And they would have got away with it if it wasn't for that Pesky Weststand Cookie.

If only someone had thought of inventing a mobile phone that can take pictures then we'd all know by now ; - )

I wouldn't mind but he drives me nuts with his i-Phone and didn't even use it - I'll be having words when we get home!! :o)
  • No, it's not him. The mystery man had black hair & glasses & was carrying a brown leather man bag :-)

Is Paolo Di Canio's eyesight failing?
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: mistrollingin[/cite]was it a real tan, or a tango man tan? we should be told.

Reg has just come back from Antigua, had a meal with him before the tranmere game, asked him if was helping out tango by hiring out a sunbed.
  • I think Johnny is actually the most gullible person ever!
  • [cite]Posted By: MariaCAFC[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandCookie[/cite]JohnnyBev - oh dear, do you honestly think I'd believe AEG were buying us after seeing 2 CAFC board members chatting to someone at North Greenwich!! I can almost hear the conversation now, shall we meet in the boardroom to finalise the deal... No, lets meet at north Greenwich tube outside whsmiths FFS!

I wouldn't mind but he drives me nuts with his i-Phone and didn't even use it - I'll be having words when we get home!! :o)

You tell him Maria, shocking behaviour
  • [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]I think Johnny is actually the most gullible person ever!

lol so i have been told, i think i trust people to easily!
  • Everyone knows that the word "gullible" doesn't exist in any dictionary, right Johnny?
  • [cite]Posted By: johnnybev1987[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]I think Johnny is actually the most gullible person ever!

Did you know the word gullible is not recognised in the English Dictionary?
  • lol, BFR. 1 second between our posts. Spooooky.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Everyone knows that the word "gullible" doesn't exist in any dictionary, right Johnny?
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Plaaayer[/cite]I think Johnny is actually the most gullible person ever!

Did you know the word gullible is not recognised in the English Dictionary?

God knows, i wouldn't know that!
  • You'd have to be gullible if you didn't know that ....... hehehe
  • Extensive research revels that it was the chap on the left of this picture