Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Nicky Forster

edited February 2010 in General Charlton
Apparently set to buy himself out of his contract at Brighton and become a free agent.

Worth a deal to the end of the season?

Comments

• edited February 2010
    Yes, a decent striker at this level.
  • If he becomes a free agent during the season then he can sign for a new club anythime. Transfer window doesn't apply.
  • A striker who knows where the net is, now there's a great idea!
  • Why would he be doing this?
  • edited February 2010
    If available he would be a great addition but not sure we would have the budget given we already have Burton, Mckenzie, Sodje, Mooney, Dickson, Tuna & still prob paying part of Mcleods wages.

Does Phillips ever get a game at Birmingham - if not then we should really be speaking with him...trade a place in the reserves of Brummy for a place on the pitch and a chance of promotion (or at least a chance to Wembley).
  • Didn't he work with Parky at Reading or Colchester or both?
  • He's a striker. He'll go to Southampton.
  • [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]If available he would be a great addition but not sure we would have the budget given we already have Burton, Mckenzie, Sodje, Mooney, Dickson, Tuna & still prob paying part of Mcleods wages.

Does Phillips ever get a game at Birmingham - if not then we should really be speaking with him...trade a place in the reserves of Brummy for a place on the pitch and a chance of promotion (or at least a chance to Wembley).

Phillips has a groin injury at the moment, though will be 4th choice when fit
  • Sol campbell left notts county after the window had closed and couldn't sign for another club till the jan window, not sure if this is the same case but he would have to be careful, still most think its a good idea so won't happen, thought we should have gone for ainsworth when he left qpr he's 36 and ended up at wycombe.
  • I like Forster, scores plenty for a lower side so "should" score even more for us, with Burton's workrate and hold up play alongisde him, Forster could be the missing link.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]If available he would be a great addition but not sure we would have the budget given we already have Burton, Mckenzie, Sodje, Mooney, Dickson, Tuna & still prob paying part of Mcleods wages.

Phillips has a groin injury at the moment, though will be 4th choice when fit

Mmmm maybe not 4th choice after today!
  • I thought we should have signed him 15 years ago. What do I know!
  • [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]I thought we should have signed him 15 years ago. What do I know!

true! Wouldn't have needed the playoffs with him and Super Clive!
  • Chris Iwelumo...that is who we should be looking to get back. Knows the club, worked well with Parky in the past, works hard on the pitch and his physical strength and height are something we don't have in any other player in the squad.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Chris Iwelumo...that is who we should be looking to get back. Knows the club, worked well with Parky in the past, works hard on the pitch and his physical strength and height are something we don't have in any other player in the squad.

Perhaps if Pardew hadn't signed Gray then we wouldn't have to sell him in the first place. No chance of getting him back. He'll be on Premiership wages and Wolves won't let him go because they won't be able to replace him now.
  • [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Chris Iwelumo...that is who we should be looking to get back. Knows the club, worked well with Parky in the past, works hard on the pitch and his physical strength and height are something we don't have in any other player in the squad.

Perhaps if Pardew hadn't signed Gray then we wouldn't have to sell him in the first place. No chance of getting him back. He'll be on Premiership wages and Wolves won't let him go because they won't be able to replace him now.

He's not really been playing that much for Wolves - he broke a toe in pre-season and then made his first start in October since when he's made only two more starts and has come off the bench a few times. Where we are struggling right now is in creating and scoring goals. We might not be able to afford him for a long stretch, but a two-three month loan spell might be worth the investment. Wolves don't seem to want him.
  • How can we afford a Premiership player's wages?!!!
  • Yep i'd take nicky forster, definately could be the difference between u going up or not
  • We could have pele, jimmy greaves, gary lineker, alan shearer up there at the moment but if were not creating the chances there not going to score, apart from pens most of our recent goals have come from midfielders running themselfs and scoring, waggy v hartlepool bailey on Saturday, need to create more but have doubts about mooney and others finishing skills so forrester should have the experience to slot away chances and not put them in road z of the jimmy seed.
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]We could have pele, jimmy greaves, gary lineker, alan shearer up there at the moment

4 upfront? It would never work ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Forster didn't sign for us as Brentford offered him more wages. Our budget is all used up and if it wasn't we need a nasty bugger of a central midfielder.
  • I can't find confirmation of him signing for the Bees. Have you got a link CT?
  • [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]How can we afford a Premiership player's wages?!!!

I don't know, but we found the money for Carl Ikeme didn't we?
  • Iwelumo would be on 4 times the wages of Ikeme.