Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Lloyd Sam is off

WSSWSS
edited February 2010 in General Charlton
In the summer if we don't tie him down to a new deal according to SkySports lazy rumour mill

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11684_5919957,00.html

Comments

• Options
    So player that's out of contract in the summer will leave if he doesn't sign a new contract. They're very good, the Sky lot.
  • Options
    The club must have some idea as to whether he'll re-sign or not or surely they'd have tried to get some kind of fee in the window just gone.
    Or will we only offer a deal once we know what division we're in next season?
  • Options
    Parky has already said he'll be talking to Lloyd Sam about a new contract, but needs to know which division we'll be playing in before actual terms can be negotiated.

Sam himself has already said a couple of weeks ago he wants to stay and sign a new contract.
    Both points have been freely reported.

The Sky reporting sounds like an agent stirring things to see what interest is out there, if you ask me.
    Sam hasn't given him a pay day for 4 years, remember.
  • Options
    probably cos we aint offered him owt yet, can't blame him really
  • Options
    The club will not make a move on out of contrct players until it is certain which league it will be in 2010-2011.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Parky has already said he'll be talking to Lloyd Sam about a new contract, but needs to know which division we'll be playing in before actual terms can be negotiated.

Sam himself has already said a couple of weeks ago he wants to stay and sign a new contract.
    Both points have been freely reported.

The Sky reporting sounds like an agent stirring things to see what interest is out there, if you ask me.
    Sam hasn't given him a pay day for 4 years, remember.

The voice of reason - love you Og's ;-)
  • Options
    The BOO boys will be gutted. Who will they slag off if he's goes? (assuming Mooney doesn't sign permenantly).
  • Options
    FFS Don't go Lloyd!

I'll miss you cutting me up down Riefield Road every morning......
  • Options
    I thought this thread was going to say Lloyd Sam is off..... His game at the moment and give an insight into why this is the case. He should not be for the rest of the season without the comfort of a big contract for a few years to rely on. Come on lloyd, show us what you can do son.
  • Options
    thank god
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]FFS Don't go Lloyd!

I'll miss you cutting me up down Riefield Road every morning......

Lol! I've just spat my tea out laughing at that comment!
  • Options
    i reckon he will be off,not even on bench,time to put it in lloydy
  • Options
    Hope he don't go, one of our better players, certainly better that Wagstaff. He seems to only perform off the bench otherwise hes totally ineffective
  • Options
    Have to agree, Waggy has looked a lot better off the bench. Heard a Swindon fan yesterday say we were too narrow at times, Lloyd Sam imho would have caused their left back all sorts of problems
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    will be a miss(if he goes) to a team that is short on natural skill and ability .....i like him , althought consistency is his problem clearly and he frustrates, like all players of his ilk
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Have to agree, Waggy has looked a lot better off the bench. Heard a Swindon fan yesterday say we were too narrow at times, Lloyd Sam imho would have caused their left back all sorts of problems

What Sam would have been is a player we could have given the ball to and he wouldn't have gone to pieces becasue there was a Swindon player closing him down. As somene said on the post match thread, against in your face teams you need to have a good first touch and be able to keep you head when picking a pass under pressure. For all his faults, Sam most definitely knows how to control a football and is not scared of a bit of close attention from a full back.

I'd stick with the 4-5-1 next Monday, but I'd like to see Sam back.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]
    I'd stick with the 4-5-1 next Monday, but I'd like to see Sam back.

Agreed, Exile. I think Sam can make the difference - deffo missed a player like Sam yesterday.
  • Options
    Anyone know why he didn't make the bench?

As I've said before, and like Exiled said earlier, Sam's good at holding onto the ball under pressure or when there's not much space. When space opens up, Wagstaff is better at using it, and has often struggled without that space there. Sam's still by far the better all round player than Wagstaff, he probably needed to be dropped but I'd like to see him back as well. I'm happy with Wagstaff starting in some games, but not regularly just yet.
  • Options
    Waggy has at times proved himself lethal coming off the bench.
    But he's rarely been anywhere near as effective starting.

We're a poorer side both technically and effectively without Sam.
    He enables us to keep possession more easily.

Even when he's not at his best, he still makes himself available as an outlet when our defence is under pressure.
    That helps prevent the ball coming straight back and gives our defence chance to regroup.

We desperately missed him yesterday at Swindon.
  • Options
    Phil Parkinson revealed yesterday that chairman Richard Murray and he had sat down with Lloyd Sam to talk about the winger's future.

The winger is out of contract in the summer, but when quizzed about tabloid speculation suggesting the star could be off to pastures new, Parkinson said: "I haven't had one phone call about Lloyd.

"Speculation in the newspapers often comes from agents trying to drum up interest, but I can assure you I didn't have one call.

"Myself and Richard Murray have sat down with Lloyd, but that conversation will remain private for now."

NB In case people didn't know - he didn't play at Swindon due to a stomach bug.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    not one phone call......figures
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]not one phone call......figures

Not true, there was one call ...... from Sam Lloyd.

;o)
  • Options
    lol