Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

VIDEO: Walsall v Charlton feat Mascot Ollie Denham

edited February 2010 in General Charlton
Having received a phone call late on Tuesday afternoon from NSS I have included extended footage of Tuesdays mascot due to their unfortunate breakdown on the way to the game. After Tuesdays game somebody on here made me aware of this thread before I started editing this video, it was posted when i was on holiday in December.Previous Charlton Life Comments

This is simply a response to those comments I wasnt previously aware of.

The main reasons i do these videos are to combine my hobby of video producing with my passion for the club. Im not on an ego trip, nor do i want a pat on the back as mentioned previously but i do get satisfaction knowing that I can contribute something to the club i have supported all my life and enable people not so lucky as ourselves who cant get to the matches. I would have knocked these a while ago as i didnt want to go into overkill mode but have continued purely because of the correspondance received. Also its worth mentioning that because i am trying to produce something at every match it almost feels like i am sacrificing the carefree fun of attending a match to a certain degree because my attention is on whats being captured through the lens. The time i spend producing the 5 minute end product is hours sometimes days if there are proccessing issues.

I know that you cant please 100% of people whatever you do in life and i accept what im doing wont appeal to everyone but im as passionate about Charlton as any other lifelong supporter and to be able to combine that with my other hobby is obviously great, but if the majority of people said dont do any more then i would stop. Surely rather than belittle somebody for their efforts, in future maybe just dont watch the videos! I dont get paid for this, I give up my spare time, im nothing more than a charity worker in the financial respect making an internet video log so years in the future you can all look back and show your grandchildren and say "i was there".

Having said that, I still included this footage as part of the video because as a father to a 3 year old son who one day will walk out as a Charlton mascot I know how gutted I would be not to see that in some shape or form. Maybe this particular video is a prime example of how a fan can benefit at a time of misfortune. I hope Ollie enjoyed his evening and his family and friends enjoy this keepsake!

The Video

Comments

• I really enjoyed that Walall game footage, Choice.

Good stuff for NSS, Ollie and his dad to treasure.

How on earth did we not make more of those chances?
    What a pudding of a pitch, barely playable even before ko, let alone after it cut up so badly.
  • I have whispered Choice to apologise and will say it in public,said in frustration after the Millwall game and I take it all back,thank you for the
    video much appreciated Steve
  • Classic post Choice. Well done mate. Power of the internet eh? Got to be taken with a pinch of salt i think. Some people contribute with hours of care, and make a legacy, others shoot from the hip for a quick laugh, such is life. Room for everyone.. keep doing what you do. Appreciated.
  • edited February 2010
    Another top vid choice, keep 'em coming.
    How the f*ck did we not win up there, looked like we missed a lot of good chances.
    well done to everyone that made the trip too.
  • haven't watched the video yet choice, but will say in advance nice work. something i always enjoy and am sorry that you have to explain yourself for posting them, as you said if you dont like it dont watch it.

Keep it up mate as long as you enjoy it? as i think if you cant enjoy the game as much due to it then dont bother, but if you do then long may it continue....

Would give you a thumbs up but dont know how so will give smiley face insteard :-)
  • dont worry choice NSS is just miserable fekker but he means nothing by it!!
  • i suppose i deserved that,everyone who knows me knows i say a lot in the heat of the moment,thats no excuse though
  • [cite]Posted By: northstandsteve[/cite]i suppose i deserved that,everyone who knows me knows i say a lot in the heat of the moment,thats no excuse though

lol
  • Have whispered back to NSS, theres no prob. No need to post any more stuff here about it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Great video - better than the BBC highlights...
  • Choice - great stuff as usual, always look forward to viewing them after each game....not quite so much comedy commentary in them any more which is a shame.
  • i am being quite stupid here but i can't work out how to view the walsall video. when you click the link it just takes you through to a facebook page and their is no link to the walsall vid.
  • I really like these vids, they give me a proper feel for match day......

nice one
  • Well done Choice mate. Really great to get a bit of the atmosphere of the games. Interesting to see the effort the boys did put in at Walsall and how unlucky they were not to get the winner. Hopefully we will start to get the 'run of the green' a bit more from today onwards.
  • [cite]Posted By: paulsturgess[/cite]i am being quite stupid here but i can't work out how to view the walsall video. when you click the link it just takes you through to a facebook page and their is no link to the walsall vid.

Paul. Had the same problem. Clicked on to one of the links which got me there eventually. Can't remember which one now! Keep trying. It is worth it. Good vid.
  • [cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: paulsturgess[/cite]i am being quite stupid here but i can't work out how to view the walsall video. when you click the link it just takes you through to a facebook page and their is no link to the walsall vid.

Paul. Had the same problem. Clicked on to one of the links which got me there eventually. Can't remember which one now! Keep trying. It is worth it. Good vid.

Click on the www.youtube link at the Walsall bit and you will get a warning screen. Just say ok and it works.
  • cheers chaz.

cracking video!
  • made a few ammendments and am using a different platform now so you will see the player on the fan page where you can view, most previous videos are also there
    video page
  • Sponsored links:

• Good vid mate
  • The reason the kidney in the pie tasted like piiss is because that's where urine passes through for filtration to the bladder...

You probably just got an extra fresh one...
  • [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]The reason the kidney in the pie tasted like piiss is because that's where urine passes through for filtration to the bladder...

I bet it tasted offal.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: RedZed333[/cite]The reason the kidney in the pie tasted like piiss is because that's where urine passes through for filtration to the bladder...

I bet it tasted offal.
    Are you extracting the urine...?
  • i thought it was quite nice actually..
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: CHOICE Tv[/cite]i thought it was quite nice actually..[/quote]

no mate it tasted like pi*s :)