Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Swindon pair only 50/50

edited February 2010 in General Charlton
From Swindon Gazette:

TOWN could continue to be without David Lucas and Vincent Pericard for tomorrow’s game against Charlton, with manager Danny Wilson admitting the pair are only “50-50” to be fit.

Goalkeeper Lucas missed last weekend’s trip to Southend with a groin injury, with Phil Smith deputising, while striker Pericard - who is likely to have to settle for a place on the bench - has missed a couple of recent games with a tight hamstring.

And Wilson admitted yesterday morning that doubts remain over whether the duo will be available for selection this time around.

“They will be at the training ground but won’t train today (Thursday), and we will look at them properly tomorrow (Friday),” he said.

“It’s 50-50 at this moment in time and I wouldn’t like to hazard a guess either way.

“We are hoping they will be available to us, but at this moment I can’t say.

“We can’t afford to risk them because it’s important that we have got them for the majority of the rest of the season.

“Should we put them in now and take a risk which doesn’t pay off then it’s going to be a problem.”

Wilson has been nominated for January’s Manager of the Month award following 10 points from a possible 12, but the boss is unconcerned by any accolades which come his way.

“It just reflects on how the team are doing more than anything,” he said.

“If you get recognition for it then fine, and I hope we get a few more over the coming months, but it doesn’t really change anything.

“The award is not a jinx either because I’ve had it before and always won on the game after.

“It’s quite a fallacy and I don’t know where they got it from. But it’s not a worry at all.”

Comments

• I'd be happier if Austin and Paynter were both injured.
  • Their keeper Smith looked like he could have done better with Soutends goals last week so maybe he will be low on confidence. Lucas has done very well and I think made a really good save at The Valley in the 2nd Half so would be happy to see him miss out.
  • we all know keepers always have blinders against us
  • That's true and Pericard will probably be fit, come off the bench and score after we were linked with him.
  • [cite]Posted By: Mike[/cite]we all know keepers always have blinders against us

certainly the case last week