Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Swindon v Charlton - Poll, Preview, Pre-match views

Comments

• edited February 2010
    I can actually see us doing very well this weekend. I have a strange feeling that it will be a 4-2 win for Charlton with the score being 2-2 at half time. Swindon scoring first through a dubious penalty.

****Mystic Dan****
  • 3-0 to us. Akpo, Burton, Racon.
  • 2 - 0 Charlton are struggling to score goals at the moment and we will concede
  • 2-2. Can't see them not scoring. Should be a bit more of an open game than of late. Ordinarly a draw would be an ok result but after the recent home form we need to win to get the momentum going again. Could happen if we get a bit more good fortune in front of goal than we have had of late. Plus I'm sure the away support will get right behind the boys.
  • The one thing we shouldn't do is set up to play for a point.
    If we sit back we're likely to concede.

We must dominate the midfield and take the game to them.
  • In form Swindon underline their play off credentials with a comfortable 2 goal win.
    Charlton never play well in February.
  • All I can say is, if we played our game on a Saturday/Tuesday/ Monday with the same optimism that PP talks up the games in his press conferences we'd be flying. PP seems to say all the right things then and I always feel confident before the game and then...

So what happens just before the team goes out then? Maybe he just doesn't fire them up enough with his pre kick off/half-time team talks?
  • I can remember watching Leeds playing in the JPT in September on TV. It was a midweek game away, i think to Port Vale. Their fans did not stop singing 'We all love Leeds' for the whole second half. Simon Grayson after the game said that it was amazing support and really lifted his younger players especially.
    Anyway, my point is that i hope we can provide this level of vocal support on saturday. Away from the Valley boo boys our singing should be heard. We need to really get behind the players now, and hopefully they will return the favour. Even if its 'C...A..F..C' over and over. Fans should be leaving the ground with lost voices. If the players dont respond then its something that can be discussed and highlighted after the game. We saw from Boxing Day that Swindon arent the greatest side, so i think we can come away with at least a point.

Im really excited for tomorrow. COYR!
  • could this be the first time this season where an opposition victory wins the popular vote?
  • for the first time this season don't feel we will at least get a draw.

But what I or any other fans feel doesn't come into it. The players are capable and Swindon not all that (they couldn't beat 9 men) so it just needs the players to believe, to play with the spark that they had early on and get a vital bit of luck.

Hope Reid starts to make use of the pace and skill he has to 1. hit the net 2. set up others more. Waggy has got two players sent off with his running in the last two games. keep it up. Defence needs to get a clean sheet. if they do we will win but not convinced we will stop them scoring.

Time for the bigger,and older players such as Bailey, Racon, Burton, Dailly and both Sodjes to step up. Big game for us with Swindon having so many games in hand.
  • Sponsored links:

• 2-1 Swindon for me. They're on a roll and have strikers in form.

Good article about their striker Austin below, just goes to show you can get some bargains from non league.

Austin
  • Burton needs/deserves a rest: Could do him good to study the game from the side then come on as sub to capitalise.

Play Sodje and McKenzie up front from the start, bash / run ragged their defenders all over the park for the first 60 minutes, then make changes later if needs be.
  • Not a good place to start a free scoring unbeaten run at looking at the form they are in at the moment, 3-1 to Swindon for me.
  • Tomorrow mckenzie is a must we need a man that can get beyond and get away from his striker.

I would also have sam back in im not convinced by either but sam does seem to open things up a little more

In all honest i couldnt tell you what it think the score will be as we are so unpredictable at the moment its unreal.
  • Scrap that afka has just gone for charlton 2-0 in the predictions!! Swindon to win
  • CAFCBourne Quote: In all honest i couldnt tell you what it think the score will be as we are so unpredictable at the moment its unreal.

I disagree, we are very PREDICTABLE at the moment: Poor to average at best. And we probably will be on Saturday again unless our players, and not Phil Parkinson, get a bloody grip and pull their fingers out!
  • I don't think he meant our play is predictable, but our overall performances.
  • [cite]Posted By: eaststandmike[/cite]Not a good place to start a free scoring unbeaten run at looking at the form they are in at the moment

All our good runs have always ended at some point.
    So do all teams, lol

Swindon's good run could end tomorrow too.

Depends how much we want the points.
  • Why I do not think we will win, is because the team is in the annual post january1st collapse in form. We have done this now for 11 or 12 seasons had a good run upto jan1st then hardly win a game between then and the end of the season. It would be interesting to see the stat on this, say the points per game before jan 1st and the points per game after for the last 12 years.
  • [cite]Posted By: somerton[/cite]Why I do not think we will win, is because the team is in the annual post january1st collapse in form. We have done this now for 11 or 12 seasons had a good run upto jan1st then hardly win a game between then and the end of the season. It would be interesting to see the stat on this, say the points per game before jan 1st and the points per game after for the last 12 years.

Apart from last season when our end of season collapse began in October!
  • Sponsored links:

• Very True, so onr collapse out of 12 started earlier than i am suggesting, still i suspect we still had more points upto Jan 1st than from Jan to May.
  • Despite Solly's very good return, losing both Semedo & Basey's height is an issue and I'd bring back Grant for his set-pieces, otherwise same starting line-up. Swindon will realise they lost their individual battles last time and will be wary of 11 men, so 2 or 3 to us without reply. I'll be there to cheer the lads on. Anyone for the Glue Pot in town?
  • We've been so poor lately that i would be amazed if win Saturday, but knowing Charlton we could well do that. You can usually rely on us to be utterly terrible against a team which we should hammer, so conversly we might pull one out of the bag...

Having said that i expect us to lose
  • i thought swindon where shite when they came to the valley and i cant believe they are 5th just goes to show how unpredictable this league is so im going for the mighty addicks to win 3-1 racon ,wagstaff and burton to get the goals.
  • 1-2, Reid to score both ours.
  • we can't loose as Swindon does not start with a C

simple!

• Elliott

Richardson---Sodje---Dailly
    Solly

Waggy
    Racon
    Bailey
    Reid

Shelvey

Burton
  • [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    Elliott

Richardson---Sodje---Dailly
    Solly

Waggy
    Racon
    Bailey
    Reid

Shelvey

Burton

inside knowledge ??
  • I Know it nots going to be popular, but I feel if Reid is in similiar form as Tuesday, then havin Mooney to run into good areas is the best option, we didnt really have shots that tested the goalie on Tuesday but tons of balls going into the box, if Mooney can score one out of five chances it might be enough.