Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players Stats vs. Walsall

WSSWSS
edited February 2010 in General Charlton
Not expecting too many, but we'll give it a go. Copy and paste, half marks allowed.

Elliot -
Richardson -
S Sodje -
Dailly -
Solly -
Wagstaff -
Bailey -
Racon -
Reid -
Burton -
A Sodje -

McKenzie -
Sam -
Basey -

Comments

• WSSWSS
    edited February 2010
    Elliot - 6.5 Looked nervous going down, maybe injury was playing on his mind.
    Richardson - 6 Good going forward, kept falling over when defending/under pressure
    S Sodje - 6.5 Too many "round the corner" balls deceieved him giving strikers a free run
    Dailly - 6.5 As above
    Solly - 7 Good performance out of position, pretty solid and supported Reid well when needed.
    Wagstaff - 7 Actually looked a threat while he was on - linked up well with FR and got back well
    Bailey - 6.5 Need more domination from the centre of midfield
    Racon - 6.5 As above
    Reid - 7.5 Touch above the rest. Ran at defenders, went down the line, took on players, crossed early and from the byline. Bit selfish on a couple of occasions though
    Burton - 7 Tireless effort against a freak of a CB
    A Sodje - 7 As above

McKenzie - 6.5
    Sam - 6
    Basey - 5
  • Elliot - 7
    Richardson - 6.5
    S Sodje - 6
    Dailly - 6.5
    Solly - 7
    Wagstaff - 7
    Bailey - 6.5
    Racon - 6.5
    Reid - 7.5
    Burton - 7
    A Sodje - 7

McKenzie - 6.5
    Sam - 6.5
    Basey - 5
  • Elliot - 6.5
    Richardson - 5.5
    S Sodje - 6
    Dailly - 6.5
    Solly - 7
    Wagstaff - 7
    Bailey - 6
    Racon - 6.5
    Reid - 8
    Burton - 6.5
    A Sodje - 6
  • edited February 2010
    Sounds like Reid played very well but made a few poor decisions, would Sam get as much credit if he did the same? Not aimed at the ones of you that have posted the ratings, just a general thought. We saw Omozusi get low marks for example even though he did a decent job.
  • Elliot - 6 - Not a great deal to do. Distribution was below it's usual high standard.
    Richardson - 5 - Worked hard but misplaced a lot of passes also slipped and/or lost the flight of the ball on few too many occasions. Got forward bu kept over hitting crosses. He's played a lot better.
    S Sodje - 6.5 - His usual domineering self. Wasn't quite on eof those 'you shall not pass' performances but he got stuck in and worked hard. Missed with one decent headed chance in the first half.
    Dailly - 6 - Steady game but think he looks like he needs a rest. Not sure about Llera and Sodje as a pair so wouldn;t be surprised to see a centre half arrive once the loan window re-opens.
    Solly - 7.5 - Defended well and got down the line in support of Reid. Fired in a few good crosses on the run with his swinger. Not as cultured or or physicaly strong as Basey but that bit of pace makes a big difference to how involved he can get in the game. Was quite impressed with him, especially as he wasn't on his natural side.
    Wagstaff - 7 - Decent game without ever quite catching fire. Worked hard and was more disciplined positionally which was good to see. Clearly more comfortable on the right. Few good crosses too. I'm still not totally convinced by him but he's earnt his chance and he didn't let us down. Was perhaps just starting to tire a bit before he was subbed.
    Bailey - 6.5 - Improvement on Saturday. More considered when in possession and got stuck in as ever. Didn't break into the box much though and set pieces were pretty wasteful generally speaking.
    Racon - 6.5 - He's not Semedo, but he put his foot in and battled for quite a few headers. It wasn't all coming off for him last night but he definitely added a bit of dynamism to the midfield. Like Bailey, didn't ever quite stamp his mark on the game but he was far from a passenger.
    Reid - 7.5 - Looked very threatening with the ball at his feet and was beating players with ease at times. Put in a few dangerous crosses as well, one an absolute belter. Also tracked back and was willing to make tackles. Perhaps was getting frustrated that no-one was connectiing with his crosses but chose to try and do it on his own a few too many times second half, otherwise his score may have been higher. All the same, early days but he looks an excellent signing.
    Burton - 6.5 - Worked very hard, but once again it just wasn't quite coming off for him. Might have done better with one first half chance.
    A Sodje - 5.5 - Marked by an almost mythical beast sized defender who dwarfed even him so struggled a bit to win too much in the air. Worked hard but his touch is very poor at times. Cramped up in the second half so probably a bit ring-rusty.

McKenzie - 5.5 - Came on and tried to put himself about but came up against the same problems as Akpodje.
    Sam - 6.5 - Didn't manage to produce the killer ball came on a played with some urgency and tried to get crosses into the box.
    Basey - 5.5 - Brought on for his set pieces. Swung a couple of decent one's in but nothing un-defendable. Slack in possession on a couple of other occasions but came on too late to be fair to draw too many judgements on his performance.
  • Elliot - 6
    Richardson - 4
    S Sodje - 6
    Dailly - 6
    Solly - 7
    Wagstaff - 7
    Bailey -7
    Racon -6
    Reid - 8
    Burton - 6
    A Sodje - 6

McKenzie - 5
    Sam - 6
    Basey - 5
  • Elliot - 6 - didn't have a whole lot to do
    Richardson - 5
    S Sodje - 6.5
    Dailly - 6
    Solly - 7
    Wagstaff - 6
    Bailey - 7 -
    Racon - 7
    Reid - 7
    Burton - 7
    A Sodje - 6

McKenzie - 7
    Sam - 7
    Basey - 5

Was Basey on long enough to get a proper rating?
  • Elliot - 6.5
    Richardson - 6.5
    S Sodje - 5.5
    Dailly - 7
    Solly - 7
    Wagstaff - 7
    Bailey - 6
    Racon - 6
    Reid - 7.5
    Burton - 6.5
    A Sodje - 6.5

McKenzie - 6
    Sam - 6
    Basey - 4
  • Elliot - 6.5
    Richardson - 6
    S Sodje - 6.5
    Dailly - 6
    Solly - 7
    Wagstaff - 7
    Bailey -6
    Racon - 7
    Reid - 7.5
    Burton - 6.5
    A Sodje - 6.5

McKenzie - 6
    Sam - 6.5
    Basey - not on long enough
  • Elliot - 5 - shouldnt have dropped that one round the post which lead to the first goal
    Richardson - 5
    S Sodje - 6
    Dailly - 6
    Solly - 6
    Wagstaff - 5
    Bailey -6
    Racon - 6
    Reid - 7.5
    Burton - 6.5
    A Sodje - 6

McKenzie - 6
    Sam - 6
    Basey - 4 - not on long but looked appalling, although to be fair mustve been difficult to come on on that pitch
  • Sponsored links:

• edited February 2010
    Elliot - 6 -once again not very much to do
    Richardson - 5 too many poor passes
    S Sodje - 6 solid enough
    Dailly - 6- solid enough
    Solly - 7 - done very well seeing as he hasn't played many first team games, also done very well playing on his weaker side.
    Wagstaff -6- some good spells would prefer Sam to Start though.
    Bailey - 5- for the fourth game running not got into the game as much as he should have
    Racon - 7- started off a bit shakey but once settled down looked the player from the start of the season
    Reid - 8- played very well, like his kick and run style Man of the match
    Burton - 7 done well in the air, would like to see him have a few more shots with his feet.
    A Sodje -6- looked strong, not sure he will be the one to get us enough goals though.

McKenzie - 6- tricky little player done ok but needs to start a game very soon before he gets frustrated sitting on the bench all the time.
    Sam - 6 - looked good when he came, unsettled Walsall with his pace.
    Basey - 4- didnt really have enough time to do anything.
  • Out of interest what was Basey doing wrong? Wasn't on long so must have
    made some poor mistakes to deserve 4s and 5s.
  • I start with 5 and work up and down from there... did nothing so gave him a five!
  • Elliot - 7
    Richardson - 6
    S Sodje - 7
    Dailly - 5
    Solly - 7
    Wagstaff - 7
    Bailey - 6
    Racon - 7.5
    Reid - 8
    Burton - 5
    A Sodje - 5

McKenzie - 5
    Sam - 5
    Basey - 5
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Out of interest what was Basey doing wrong? Wasn't on long so must have
    made some poor mistakes to deserve 4s and 5s.[/quote]

Even though he was not on long he still managed to misplace too many passes
  • why do we have to have inquests every week over how people mark their scores?
  • Takes our minds off the on-field frolics
  • [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]why do we have to have inquests every week over how people mark their scores?

Because some people mark a player 7 out of 10 based on his performance.

And some others mark him 3 out of 10 because they just don't like the player, doesn't matter how well he may have played.
  • To be fair Basey had about 3 or 4 touches when he came on and each one of them was shocking. One of them he blasted the ball over the roof of the stand when trying to play it down the kibe which wasted about a minute of the 5 added on.
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    Because some people mark a player 7 out of 10 based on his performance.

And some others mark him 3 out of 10 because they just don't like the player, doesn't matter how well he may have played.

i agree with you that some people score their favorites higher than was warranted playing against another chuff third division side.but can't we have seperate threads for that,sort of like the post matchthread,rather than going off at tangents like i am doing now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Probably should have gone in another thread, wasn't saying it was right or wrong, just wondering how he played as I wasn't there. To get a 4 for the time he was on just suggested he was very poor.
  • [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Probably should have gone in another thread, wasn't saying it was right or wrong, just wondering how he played as I wasn't there. To get a 4 for the time he was on just suggested he was very poor.

And to get a 7 because he was OK for the few minutes he was on would inflate his score relative to the rest of the team. I think if they're on less than 10 minutes they shouldn't be included. Even if they score the winning goal or have a howler. I had to leave early. Didn't see anything good from him and saw a couple of bad things from him. I don't mind him personally, so it's not that I was biased against him.
  • Just to clarify, the subs scores are irrelevent. Only performances of 30 mins or more get added to the running totals.
  • [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Probably should have gone in another thread, wasn't saying it was right or wrong, just wondering how he played as I wasn't there. To get a 4 for the time he was on just suggested he was very poor.

And to get a 7 because he was OK for the few minutes he was on would inflate his score relative to the rest of the team. I think if they're on less than 10 minutes they shouldn't be included. Even if they score the winning goal or have a howler. I had to leave early. Didn't see anything good from him and saw a couple of bad things from him. I don't mind him personally, so it's not that I was biased against him.
    Fair enough and I don't disagree, just wanted to know what kind of mistakes he made.

As AFKA said he only includes ratings for players on the pitch 30 minutes or more so it's not an issue.
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Just to clarify, the subs scores are irrelevent. Only performances of 30 mins or more get added to the running totals.

Ah fair enough. Didn't know that. Should've given Sam a 10 in that case ;)

Scoham: misplaced passes, generally not looking comfortable on the ball, not contributing much to the game. He was on for a couple of minutes, did a few bad things and very few good things. It's hard to give him a rating above 5.
  • [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Just to clarify, the subs scores are irrelevent. Only performances of 30 mins or more get added to the running totals.

Ah fair enough. Didn't know that. Should've given Sam a 10 in that case ;)

Scoham: misplaced passes, generally not looking comfortable on the ball, not contributing much to the game. He was on for a couple of minutes, did a few bad things and very few good things. It's hard to give him a rating above 5.

Sounds fair enough. Going to be interesting to see who starts at full back on Saturday.