Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Danny butterfield

3 in 8 minutes..

Comments

• Bloody loanees ;-)
  • Not scored for 6 years, then gets 3 in just over 6 minutes!
  • [cite]Posted By: Si[/cite]Not scored for 6 years, then gets 3 in just over 6 minutes!

Can't we sign him on loan ....?
  • Parky out, why couldn't he motivate Butterfield to play like that? Sort it out Waggott.
  • I heard he was playing up front. Warnock is full of surprises, great manager imo.
  • Butterfield is the new Moses ........and the Wolves defence parted like the Red Sea.
  • Legend of the highest order, fantastic night!
  • [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Butterfield is the new Moses ........and the Wolves defence parted like the Red Sea.
    Very good :)
  • PS assists from Ambrose for the first two
  • Sponsored links:

• When he's fit, maybe Youga up front will be the answer to our problems ?
  • [cite]Posted By: Salad[/cite]PS assists from Ambrose for the first two

I'm not giving Ambrose the first one- he took the corner, Lawrence headed it goalwards, keeper saved it and Butterfield scored from a yard. AFKA's assist rule FTW.
  • Funny how the threat of not being paid and losing your job brings our the best in people ??
  • Just goes to show how clueless Parky is, playing the players in the wrong positions etc. ;-)
  • sorry, just going from a report I read!
  • Don't worry Salad, not only has he scored 14 goals, he has the most assists in the team as well I think!
  • [cite]Posted By: churley1[/cite]Don't worry Salad, not only has he scored 14 goals, he has the most assists in the team as well I think!
    From what I've heard, despite his goals and assists, he's often been very quiet in games. They played him on the right wing and he wasn't doing much or tracking back enough, but moved him to the left, letting him cut in and their left back overlap and it's suited him more. Guess he's got the right team around him though which allows him to roam around more and not worry too much about defending.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: churley1[/cite]Don't worry Salad, not only has he scored 14 goals, he has the most assists in the team as well I think![/quote]
    From what I've heard, despite his goals and assists, he's often been very quiet in games. They played him on the right wing and he wasn't doing much or tracking back enough, but moved him to the left, letting him cut in and their left back overlap and it's suited him more. Guess he's got the right team around him though which allows him to roam around more and not worry too much about defending.[/quote]

You're not wrong, there was a patch, even when scoring goals he wasn't getting involved much at all.

The last 5 games though he's been back to his best, even if he's not always scoring he's getting involved and setting goals up. Obviously we'd like him to get on the ball more but for a free transfer, he's been excellent.
  • He got a lot of critisizm here, but we were a struggling team and there's a clear difference between his time here and now at Palace - the level of expectation. Here he was supposed to be a Premier League player not playing to his ability. With you he's a goalscoring and creating midfielder you got for nothing who has weaknesses like every other player.