Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Eggheaders' Quiz in Bexley

Just wanted to give my pals on here a preview of something coming up in March which may be of interest. Due to be advertised on a daily bulletin from the Club and the OS later this week but with limited places, it's over to you..

Keith Peacock, in conjunction with NWKA invites you to his " 70's Eggheaders' Quiz" at Bexley Park Sports & Social Club, Calvert Drive, DA2 7GA on Thursday 4th March ( 7.30 for 8pm prompt start) when the undefeated Eggheaders will take on the challengers, a Charlton team from the 70's in the battle for the coveted cup (?)

The Eggheaders' team will be selected from Suthers( capt), Peter Varney, Colin Cameron, Martin Simons, Airman Brown and , representing NWKA, president Steve Rider.

The squad for the 70's team is Killer, Colin Powell, Mark Penfold, Gritty, Ritchie Bowman, Theo Foley, Phil Warmen & Peter Hunt.

The competition will be a game of 2 halves with the break allowing questions from the floor, photo opportunities etc.

Audience participation is encouraged & it is hoped that attendees will side with one or the other of the teams & give their vocal support...

Those attending will be issued with a sheet of 25 General Knowledge questions to answer in pairs with the winners invited to join Keith in a morning at the Training Ground.

Limited spaces available so reserve you place ASAP by contacting Fanny F on here . Tickets are £5pp with all proceeds to the Club's charity, Demelza. Please pay on the night but you must reserve your place beforehand.

This is the first of Keith's quizzes and if a success, he hopes to bring his Eggheaders' team to other venues ( I have def put Bromley forward, Henry, never fear ! )

Comments

• Nearly forgot...This is NOT a members only event. Everyone welcome.
  • Sorry, just a quick question:
    Is this part of the "Offical Supporters Club" or an Independent Evening ?
  • I like the sound of this and thanks for suggesting Bromley.

Disappointed that Suthers did ask me to be on his team ; - (

I will give it a plug on the Bromley Addicks email and try to get along myself.
  • Great, Henry. Thanks for the reply. I think Suthers has you in mind for the next one, the 80's ...Thought you'd be far too young to remember the 70's !

MOG - Nothing to do with CASC ( who? ) Keith asked us at NWK Addicks ( independent group a la Bromley) if we'd help him stage something he'd been pondering for some time and we were only too pleased to agree. Hence, our preferred venue where costs are low, there's a bar, parking etc. We're dealing with the GK audience participation questions, whilst Keith is MC ing / setting the posers for the actual quiz.

As stated earlier, all profits to Demelza ( Keith's choice) although the group is raising money this season for this charity too , jointly with the Ellenor/Lions Hospices.

Would love to see some Lifers there on the night , especially those who also support KCCC !
  • Bumping this as less than a week to go and a handful of tkts still remaining.....Henry ?

Steve Rider, Killer, Peter Varney , Airman, Suthers, Paddy Powell & Gritty among others have definitely confirmed .

Let me know on here if you want a seat & pay on the night.
  • Sounds great, wish I could be there. Any chance of posting some pictures on here. I haven't seen or heard of Warman or Hunt since they finished playing.
  • Thanks, for your comment & interest.

Unfortunately,Phil & Peter will not be there due to prior engagements/work but at our meeting last night, Keith said he hoped to bring along the club's main photographer so watch this space....
  • Have heard some of the stuff being organised and it sounds like it's going to be a bit of a riot, especially if Killer arrives in the bar early and finds that the prices are fairly cheap!

Hopefully there will be a chance for a bit of a Q&A during the evening.

All monies raised will go to Demelza.
  • Thanks, BDL.

Rattles, rosettes,scarves, klaxons etc - all welcome according to Keith !! This event might blot our copy book at Bexley Sports & Social Club !!

The contestants will be arriving circa 7pm so will be milling around in the main bar until just before 8 so ample time for private "questions" , photos etc. There will also be an opportunity for questions from the floor ( hopefully that won't be taken literallty by anyone !) at the halftime break.

Programmes from the 70's era will also be on sale , which attendees might like to have signed by participating players.

All in all, I think a riot could be a pertinent words to use, BDL.....
  • are Essex CCC supporters welcome ??
  • Sponsored links:

• Errrrrm, guess so, Large.

Why, do you know any ????
  • FF / BDL,

will the event be in the main bar or in the side room you usually hold meetings in ?

ta
  • It's in the Les Reed ( side) room , AFKA .

Shall we see you there ? Just get back to me please if you want to reserve a seat as there will probably be none available on the night .Thanks
  • Sorry FF, never saw this. I can't have a quiz night up town (free beer, obvious winner).

Hope all those going tonight have a good night. I'm sure there's a ticket or two left so if interested get in touch with FF or BDL as i'm sure they would be grateful for your support.
  • BDLBDL
    edited March 2010
    Spoke to Keith P (he rang me!!!!) on Tuesday night and there were only a handful left. Give Jean a bell quick or you can turn up on the night and see if there are any left.

Enjoy your free beer!! Lucky git.
  • Sorry can't make it due to family matters but sure it will be great.

Would love to have it at Bromley next time around
  • Crackin' night. Keith Peacock has hit on a brilliant idea. I haven't laughed so much in years.
  • So, who won?
  • We did.

The last question was which Charlton manager was appointed on April Fools' Day. The 70s team, including Theo Foley, couldn't get it and would have won if they had.

We got it instead. The answer, of course, was Theo himself . . .
  • [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]We did.

The last question was which Charlton manager was appointed on April Fools' Day. The 70s team, including Theo Foley, couldn't get it and would have won if they had.

We got it instead. The answer, of course, was Theo himself . . .

lol, superb, trust Theo
  • Sponsored links:

• £700 raised for Demelza as well.

Oh and Colin Cameron went walkabout at half time. Don't think we found out where he went. For those that don't know the venue, Bexley Sports and Social Club, is on the site of the old Bexley Hospital. One wag quipped that it was a good job it was closed as he may well have ended up in the wrong building.
  • Hope to have some photos to post on here soon ( HELP, BDL ! ) of what was a great evening, including one of Dave nearly falling off his chair laughing.....

Well done, Keith .
  • It looked a great night.
  • edited March 2010
    It was.