Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Racon - got to come back in now, surely?

Yesterday we were desperately, desperately lacking in creativity in the middle. Seems Parky doesn't fancy Shelvey in there for some reason, though I personally think he's wasted out wide, and being the most naturally talented player we have at the club it would seem natural to stick him in just behind Burton. He's got to realise that we are sorely lacking anything creative in midfield and, whatever the differences they've had, Racon is the only player we've got who can give us that spark.

Comments

• Options
    I didn't go but it seems as though again we have become a little too predictable and therefore easy to plsay against. Time to shake the tactics up a bit maybe and keep our opponents guessing.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    With Reid here we can now play 4-5-1/4-3-3, rather than the flatter 4-5-1 we started the season with.

Reid and Wagstaff on either wing, Racon or Shelvey as the other CM. Not sure which, Shelvey has a better range of passing, Racon is quicker and will run at them, not so predictable and very different to what Bailey and Semedo offer. If Shelvey plays behind Burton he can't be dropping right back to the halfway line too often. Was doing that in a few games before we switched it, and it left Burton without any support.

Have defended Sam a lot, but we've got three away games coming up, might get a bit more space as teams won't play so defensive at home. Wagstaff is more useful than Sam when there's space to run into. If teams are happy to sit back at home though I'd go for Sam, more likely to keep possession or pick out a good cross.

Mooney for me isn't doing enough. He doesn't seem to have any real strengths to his game, just has a more balanced all round game than Dickson or McLeod. If we have to play 4-4-2 I'd like to see McKenzie get a start.

Central midfield was a big problem, if we can get control of the game in the middle we've got pace and some decent crossers out wide, we will create chances. Bailey is meant to be one of the best CMs in the division, we need him on form, and that's more than just working hard and scoring a goal. Too often he played a long ball out wide and we lost the ball, if he was getting that right we'd have been on the attack, might have scored and been a different game.
  • Options
    back to 4-5-1 for all three away games for me... Elliot & Mooney out, Randolph & Shelvey or Racon in... also be tempted to drop Sam for Wagstaff, particularly for the game at Walsall, Wagstaff late on murdered them.
  • Options
    What's the news on Rob Elliot?

I presume we'll have to get a loan keeper in.
  • Options
    Nothing after Parky saying he'll miss one or two games... I imagine we'll chance it with Randolph and Binks on the bench for Walsall at least and then if something happens to Randolph get an emergency loan in just for the month. Don't think we can afford to waste wages on another keeper when Darren R can do a job and a striker is so critical.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]What's the news on Rob Elliot?

I presume we'll have to get a loan keeper in.

Elliot is alledged to have told some of the people who waited outside the ground that he should be okay for Tuesday night.