Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will we sign a keeper on loan after Elliot's injury?

edited January 2010 in General Charlton
Just read on the OS, Elliots injury not so bad but he is doubtful for the next couple. Will this mean we'll bring in an emergency short term loan as otherwise we'll have to have Binks on the bench. If so will the loan play or cover Randolph?

My opinion is Randolph deserves his chance and despite a couple of shaky moments today, should be fine. However if he were to get injured on Tuesday or Sat, would not want to see Binks thrown in. Not sure who we could get in on loan, maybe someone like Ben Alnick from Spurs on a week or months loan. He was at Norwich earlier this season. Would also be really harsh on Darren to see a loan come in and take over again.

Comments

• Options
    Only a week if Parky is to be believed, though with our injuries a couple games turns into 2 months i.e. Richardson and Youga
  • Options
    No, can't afford to use the wages. Randolph in and act in the unlikely event darren is out as well.
  • Options
    Could we afford the wages earlier this season? I hope Rudolph gets his chance but I thought he was a shoe-in before and look what parky decided to do.
  • Options
    Lets hope Rob's injury isn't too bad. If it is I would put the blame on the likes of Sodje and Dailly who, despite seeing that he was clearly injured, passed the ball back to Rob THREE times in 30 seconds leading to Rob having to whack the ball away every time and wincing each time he did so.

Saying that, Randolph got Sodje back for it in the 2nd half when he had a perfect opportunity to whack the ball out while Sodje was lying flat on his back by instead hitting the ball straight down the middle resulting in Tranmere staging another attack around the still prone Sodje.
  • Options
    I am not sure about the rules on emergency loans the week after the deadline.We may need to move today.
    Doesn't the emergency loan window not restart for a week ?
    I think we should see if there is an experienced Keeper to Bench warm for a few weeks and allow Randolph a chance.
  • Options
    There are special contingencies outside of transfer windows to cover a specific goalkeeper availability crisis.
  • Options
    Randolph gives me no confidence at all - never has done.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Randolph gives me no confidence at all - never has done.

i feel the same with elliot ..... not seen enough of randolph to get that nervous about him....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]Randolph gives me no confidence at all - never has done.

i feel the same with elliot ..... not seen enough of randolph to get that nervous about him....

I have much more faith generally in Elliot at this level at least. Randolph is even more indecisive and panicky at times. Have seen him make some very bad errors both for Charlton and Ireland.
  • Options
    I've been saying I think we need an expierenced gk around to help elliot, a good shout for a loan deal would be spurs gk jimmy walker, solid goalie bags of expierence and looking at 3rd or 4th choice at the lane would be an excelent siging. Buit won't happen so hey ho.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What's Dean Kiely up to right now?
  • Options
    think Elliott and Ranolph are pretty much the same to be honest, not to much to pick between either (both worry me) but I think we have more urgent positions to worry about than another keeper to warm the bench.

Elliott seems a better shot stopper and his distribution is good, however some of his decision making is poor to say the least..
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite] Elliott seems a better shot stopper and his distribution is good, however some of his decision making is poor to say the least..

I agree about Elliot's distribution being superior but on the rare occasions i've seen Randolph i've always thought he was the better shot stopper. Some of his saves at Liverpool and Northwich were outstanding.
  • Options
    I wonder if Randolph was the charlton fan, how attitudes may change?

Just playing devils advocate, I prefer Elliot as a keeper all day, Randolph does not inspire confidence at all (shown by his limited games for us, and a couple of huge gaffs on loan at Bury and Hereford).

I agree that Jimmy Walker may be a good shout for a loan, bags of experience and can help the younger keepers with their progression.
  • Options
    Randolph played very well at Sheff Weds last season, when the rest of the team were hopeless and gutless.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]

I have much more faith generally in Elliot at this level at least. Randolph is even more indecisive and panicky at times. Have seen him make some very bad errors both for Charlton and Ireland.

I'm with you Weegie