Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fergie sticks up for Bailey!!

edited January 2010 in General Charlton
Hello All, Im new on here. Been reading for some time without realising I had an account setup - mendonca..who else! Anyway, was interesting to read another recent Alex Ferguson rant stating the following. Is he sticking up for our captain?!?

His ire was reserved for the Football Association after Rio Ferdinand was banned for three matches on television evidence for striking the Hull City striker Craig Fagan last weekend and given an extra one-game suspension for what the disciplinary commission considered a "frivolous" appeal. The fit-again Nemanja Vidic can take Ferdinand's place but United are considering a second appeal and Ferguson could not disguise his irritation. "There are conflicting ways of viewing some of these decisions. I watched Charlton against Leyton Orient the other night and there was an elbow on a Charlton player three times and yet nothing has happened, so there's a lot of confusion."

Comments

• Options
    interesting eh!

what was Fergie doing watching us?
  • Options
    Looking at Nicky as a possible replacement for Scholes perhaps :-)
  • Options
    He wanted a look at Jonjo... but I'm surprised Fergie hasn't yet realised that refs at this level are pants. and not many linesmen know the rules either, I mean there was one given for a striker in our own half the other day. that lost me.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Atletico Addick[/cite]He wanted a look at Jonjo... but I'm surprised Fergie hasn't yet realised that refs at this level are pants. and not many linesmen know the rules either, I mean there was one given for a striker in our own half the other day. that lost me.
    Actually, Burton ran to collect the ball in his own half from an offside position in the oppos half. The whistle sounded when Burton was in his own half, but the free kick was correctly awarded in and taken from the other side of the line.
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    As opposed to touting the best talent that League 1 has to offer (if so, well done Jonjo, doesn't look like you'll be going to United any time soon), he could've just decided to watch the only game of football on the TV, and besides being a football manager he may also be a fan of the sport and decided to sit down with a a fine wine and watch the game.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JollyRobin[/cite] and besides being a football manager he may also be a fan of the sport and decided to sit down with a a fine wine and watch the game.

How disappointed he would have been! im guessing he would have rather read a book!
  • Options
    Obviously he showed the great link up play between Mooney & Burton which spurred on Nani & Rooney's performance today!