Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

should palace be fined for not playing a full strength team

against newcastle ?...the administrator telling colin not to play certain players because he wants to sell them is a bit off...if i was forest or west brom fan challenging with newcastle at the top of the championship i'd be a bit pissed off about that...

Comments

• Options
    No what'sthe point?
  • Options
    No i reckon another 10 point deduction would be justified :oP
  • Options
    Clubs rest players they are about to sell all the time. Thats all that happened here. I doubt that the FAPL will give a monkeys.
  • Options
    I hit em again.
    Might not be nice or even fair on palace but it is palace.
    Certainly unfair on clubs palace have beat with a team financed with money that was not theirs to spend.

[cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Clubs rest players they are about to sell all the time. Thats all that happened here. I doubt that the FAPL will give a monkeys.

They didnt rest a player though, they agreed not to play him in case he hurt himself and couldn't pass a medical for a new club.
  • Options
    Really cannot see this happening, of course essentially unfair and unsportsmanlike, but part of the modern game.. when money talks people jump!.
    Besides other debts, palace have gone down for £5 million to a finance company..... which on the face of it seems ludicrous as Mosses is suppossed to be worth this alone.
    Yes there is a line of debts, £30million plus, but it is not the small guy geting his money,the local supplier and ad min staff.... ( they will be lucky to get 10 pence in the pound) it is the ' money men'
  • Options
    More a case of a third party picking the team.
  • Options
    I think LTGTR was being ironic guys.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]Yes there is a line of debts, £30million plus, but it is not the small guy geting his money,the local supplier and ad min staff.... ( they will be lucky to get 10 pence in the pound) it is the ' money men'

Actually ..... I'm hoping it's us that get our £100k outstanding for Paddy McCarthy.
    Football debts get paid first, right?

Although as a self-employed person myself, and knowing what it's like to be owed money by customers - it seems unfair it should be that way.
  • Options
    Actually ..... I'm hoping it's us that get our £100k outstanding for Paddy McCarthy.
    Football debts get paid first, right?.......
    Sorry cannot confirm that..... I read it on here somewhere, but I thought we would be behind the banks and VAT, Tax man etc, only been on the receiving end twice and although the amounts were not large still hurt me as a sole trader.

Are football transfers a preffered creditor!..... I have no idea.
  • Options
    No idea if actually true or not, Ken.

Just passing on what I've read elsewhere
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]No idea if actually true or not, Ken.

Just passing on what I've read elsewhere
    I'm not sure how this could be true, though I've heard it before - the law of the land should apply before the law of the league. Maybe Isaw would know? In any case though the point of administration is that 100% of debts won't get paid (the administrator will do a deal with creditors to get them as much as possible). I'm not sure if the football league/FIFA/the FA can operate seperate sanctions (e.g expulsion) if all debts aren't paid. But the guy printing the programmes won't be expecting all the money he's owed, so I'm not sure that we will either.
  • Options
    It's a blatant case of Third Party inteference. The only way to right this terrible wrong is by a fine and points deduction

My unbiased view of what should happen:

£2m fine and 5 points deduction with both being doubled if the fine is not payed within 7 working days would see that justice is well served for all.

Any appeal by Palace to be deemed frivilous and result in further heavy fines and points deductions.

Unfortunately much as I sympathise with Palace's plight we must send out a strong message that third part inteference can not be tolerated.
  • Options
    I think they should get points deductions of a Luton Town scale for the next three seasons