Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Man Utd v Man City

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Anyone know what the green and yellow scarves are about?

Green and Gold until we're sold apparently!
    Oh well, at least I won a nifty on correct score, had a £5 @ 10/1.
  • Options
    united were very good second half with fletcher immense,rooney was excellent on his own up front.Bellamy caused them problems,and contributed to the incident by continuous gobbing off,i feel no sympathy for him at all he is a little shitebag.
  • Options
    great game and atmosphere ... wanted city but fairplay to united... i was wondering about those scarves as well?
  • Options
    Fergie clearly decided the kids were not good enough going back on his word to stick with them. but then again its the only trophy i can see them landing this year and possibly for the next few. They are a club dying for investment like liverpool.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]They are a club dying for investment like liverpool.

Didn't Man U just raise £500m through some form of bond scheme?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]They are a club dying for investment like liverpool.

Didn't Man U just raise £500m through some form of bond scheme?

All that's done is keep the vultures from the door for a while.

They've basically reduced their interest payments from £69m a year to £41m a year.

Last year they would have made a £50m loss if they hadn't sold Ronaldo for £80m. So with their interest payments reduced by £28m they only need to sell £22m worth of players to break even.

The problem is they have very few players they can sell for that sort of money, and they already need to bring in at least 4 players in the summer (another striker, replacements for Giggs and Scholes, a replacement for the supposedly departing Vidic, and probably a replacement for Neville)

They are screwed financially for the foreseeable future. All the bond has done is pay off one credit card with another.
  • Options
    Just about the first time I've wanted Man U to win a game for as long as I can remember.
  • Options
    Didn't know about their financial problems. Maybe they'll collapse soon.
  • Options
    the green and gold is the old Newton Heath colours
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Absolutely love these protest scarves... dozens of Man Utd fans standing against modern football, capitalist greed, US involvement and boardroom abuse by making a statement showing the importance of their history.

Loads wearing red shirts with their scarves, the red shirts with perhaps one of the most recognisable "big business"/capitalist emblems in the whole world emblazoned on the chest and in big lettering what is effectively now a subsidiary of the US government... thanks to its own abuses and excesses.

Oh the irony.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wonder who will get the biggest fine, us for the streaker or United for the bottle and coin - I bet its us!
  • Options
    I thought the bottle was quiet funney diddnt like Bellemy anyway and would never have the balls to do anything like that myself. But really i spose that doesnt take balls its just plain stupididty really.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PeakieRocket[/cite]I wonder who will get the biggest fine, us for the streaker or United for the bottle and coin - I bet its us!

were we fined for the (at least 1) bottle throwing incident this season?
  • Options
    Good Point Paul i think not.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: paulbaconsarnie[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: PeakieRocket[/cite]I wonder who will get the biggest fine, us for the streaker or United for the bottle and coin - I bet its us!

were we fined for the (at least 1) bottle throwing incident this season?

No we were let off for previous good behaviour, but any further incidents could cause problems as any action was effectively suspended.

This is why the club are angry with the streaker/ Borat, as we could now get a double whammy.