Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The offical Superbowl Thread

edited January 2010 in Other Football and Sports
Sorry if we already have one on here. However would like predicitions, views etc. I have to say the two teams involved in the Superbowl were not the two i would havve picked at the beggining of the season.

Comments

• Options
    Whatever the result, its going to be a great game!!
  • Options
    the what sorry the other game you call football? not my cup of tea
  • Options
    Na its called NFL and i hated it until i went to America and i have to admit i love it now.
  • Options
    Colts by two scores, defence will put Brees under the kosh and Manning will hold his nerve and pick the Saints off
  • Options
    Sorry, follow it until the Redskins get "knocked out" (normally after 6/7 games).
    Who's in the Final this year ?
  • Options
    Indianapolis Colts v New Orleans Saints
  • Options
    The top two rated teams in the Superbowl which is good. Because I detest Peyton Manning, it is the Saints for me.

Philly were my pre-season pick.
  • Options
    Broncos fan - familiar with futility!

Colts for me - like CA I hate Manning with a passion, but the Colts are just too strong defensively for the Saints and will run up more scores than they will. Promises to be a great game though
  • Options
    Go niners :-)
    It has to be the Colts for me.
  • Options
    Saints for me as I backed them before the play-offs, but Colts do look strong

Wembley tickets go on sale next week for those who registered, general sale from next Friday
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]Na its called NFL and i hated it until i went to America and i have to admit i love it now.
    valid point mate, I couldn't stand the game but lived there for a year and enjoy it now
  • Options
    As my team "Green Bay" didn't make it. I ll go for the Saints simply because its a southern team and have got a ex-Georgia player.

but nothing beats College Football C'mon you Dawgs
  • Options
    College football is quality. No w*nkers playing for the money. Just youngsters playing with passion infront of nutty pissed up crowds of 100,000.

Just out of interest, why the Manning hating on here? The guy is clearly one of the best QB's ever.

Superbowl - I think the Colts, and pretty comfortably.
  • Options
    I picked the Saints in pre season after they dimantled my Raiders in the 1st Quarter by scoring 24 points without reply. They have had a good O for the last couple of years but when they hired Gregg Williams as there D co-ordinator it was always going to make a difference for them.

But, I do think the Colts will win, they have the experience of being there and Manning is such a great game manager. these are two things which will make the difference.

Colts 34 - 27 in a shoot out, and a great half time show by the Who!!!
  • Options
    Couldn't give a monkeys about the game but The Who are doing the half time show.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SE7 Expat[/cite]As my team "Green Bay" didn't make it. I ll go for the Saints simply because its a southern team and have got a ex-Georgia player.

but nothing beats College Football C'mon you Dawgs

Your teams Green Bay too Good times clearly the best in history.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]College football is quality. No w*nkers playing for the money. Just youngsters playing with passion infront of nutty pissed up crowds of 100,000.

Just out of interest, why the Manning hating on here? The guy is clearly one of the best QB's ever.

I have no idea either mate. I agree with you some just love to hate people who are good at the sports they play. Probably a form of Jealousay the same people probably hate David Beckham just because its someone to hate. No pleaseing some im affraid.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ru1986[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]College football is quality. No w*nkers playing for the money. Just youngsters playing with passion infront of nutty pissed up crowds of 100,000.

I have no idea either mate. I agree with you some just love to hate people who are good at the sports they play. Probably a form of Jealousay the same people probably hate David Beckham just because its someone to hate. No pleaseing some im affraid.

Certainly an element of that. Like Beckham he is the media darling and appears on about 1 in 10 telly adverts on US telly. And he single-handedly demolished my Bears in the 2007 Superbowl.
  • Options
    Colts will win easy, Manning is too good for the Saints and I think Drew Brees will suffer under the pressure
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Anyone read about the row over the Superbowl ads?

Linky

Edit - just read the "can we ban politics?" thread after posting this, I would just like to add I'm not trying to stir up a religion row with this just found the article interesting
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I too think Colts will win.
    I reckon Brees will get picked off a few times, whilst Manning has seen it all before.
  • Options
    saints over colts. Reggie Bush to run all over the Colts D and gain instant stardom into the NFL with his first SuperBowl Championship of many to come for Reggie Bush. He is so sick. Just look at some of his college highlights on youtube. Most athletic runningback i have ever seen! F'n Exciting player!
  • Options
    Manning is a prick. He is to American Football what Phil Mickelson is to golf.
  • Options
    spot on re. Manning Rupert

David Beckham syndrome
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]spot on re. Manning Rupert

David Beckham syndrome
    Balls. I don't hate Beckham. I don't hate SIdney Crosby. I don't hate Roger Federer. I don't hate Michael Jordan. I don't hate Tiger Woods (still). Manning has the look and mannerisms of an up-his-own-arse, better-than-you tosspot.
  • Options
    How did the dolphins get on this year is madden still playing?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]spot on re. Manning Rupert

David Beckham syndrome
    Balls. I don't hate Beckham. I don't hate SIdney Crosby. I don't hate Roger Federer. I don't hate Michael Jordan. I don't hate Tiger Woods (still). Manning has the look and mannerisms of an up-his-own-arse, better-than-you tosspot.

Quite harsh. He has got a slight smug element about him but when your that good....
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    The Who are playing the half-time gig at the Superbowl. Bit of a comedown after 1974 and 1976!
  • Options
    so...what do we all think?...
  • Options
    Tough to call still. Got to like Payton's play calling with the onside kick at the start of the second half, but the Saints can't throw the nickel out every play whwn the Colts have the ball, and they've got to do something about Dallas Clark.

Looks like its going down to the wire in any case - and has already been an excellent game