Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

American Addicks?

Comments

• Options
    I'm guessing I am the only Addick in Nebraska?
  • Options
    America needs to be a lot smaller so we can all meet up and have a beer or three to celebrate such a great season!
  • Options
    Here, here. I'll just settle for a big 'like' whenever I post a Charlton-related thing on Facebook.

And I think I may well be the only Addick in Rochester. (I'll let you know if I get any reaction wearing a shirt when I go to any Rhinos games this summer.)
  • Options
    heyooo
  • Options
    CalifornianAddick - Where are you? North or South?
  • Options
    Rob said:

CalifornianAddick - Where are you? North or South?

SoCal

• Options
    I'm NorCal. Welcome. :-)
  • Options
    Anyone else in Connecticut?
  • Options

I was just in Omaha recently during a road trip ... What's brings an addick fan to the plains of Nebraska?

• Options
    There's definitely a couple in Richmond, Virginia.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    addick16 said:

I was just in Omaha recently during a road trip ... What's brings an addick fan to the plains of Nebraska?

If there's no grass it reminds them of home.

If there is grass it reminds them of how home used to be.
  • Options
    So who would fly over for a Wembley game? I'm up for it, wouldn't miss it for anything.
  • Options
    addick16 said:

I actually coach soccer (football) at the University of Nebraska... Fantastic place to work!
  • Options
    limeygent said:

So who would fly over for a Wembley game? I'm up for it, wouldn't miss it for anything.

I told my parents today i will fly over for the semi if we make it....probably jinxed us then....myabe have an American Addicks meeting in London if we do
    ?

• Options
    anyone in los angeles or close? it's been a lonely addicks outpost here for some 25 years! i once watched a live game in the cock n bull in santa monica with glenn (charlton thru n thru) tillbrook (squeeze, in case anyone has forgotten), when he was touring a solo/acoustic show in his mobile home/van, making a documentary too. so otherwise, it has just been been me here in los angeles all this time, i think????
  • Options
    Walnut Creek. NorCal. Sorry, not very close
  • Options
    @‌USofAddick
    Well, possibly you are the only addick in Nebraska at the moment....
    But Mrs cafcfan's sister lives in Nebraksa City and I'm trying to convert her and her family...
    I notice that the Charlton Athletic North America Academy is holding a training camp in Omaha in July - so the Charlton tentacles are reaching far and wide!
    I see you're coaching for the University of Nebraska - so you're based in Lincoln right?
    And the Cornhuskers play in the proper colour too.
    Go Big Red !
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

@‌USofAddick
    But Mrs cafcfan's sister lives in Nebraksa City and I'm trying to convert her and her family...
    I notice that the Charlton Athletic North America Academy is holding a training camp in Omaha in July - so the Charlton tentacles are reaching far and wide!
    I see you're coaching for the University of Nebraska - so you're based in Lincoln right?
    Go Big Red !

Congratulations @USofAddick both on the position and how much the program has been flourishing. We're looking forward to the University of Maryland's entrance into the B1G; their first league game with you is in Lincoln this year, correct? If you see old Charlton shirts up in the stands whenever y'all make it out to Ludwig, that'll be us.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

@‌USofAddick
    Go Big Red !

Go Big Red! I did not know about the training camp in July, but will have to look into it. You are right about the colours... Nice to be able to show up to work wearing red and white every day.

As for Nebraska City, you could find more people at The Valley, even with our low attendances... but a nice little town all the same.

• Options

Congratulations @USofAddick both on the position and how much the program has been flourishing. We're looking forward to the University of Maryland's entrance into the B1G; their first league game with you is in Lincoln this year, correct? If you see old Charlton shirts up in the stands whenever y'all make it out to Ludwig, that'll be us.

Thanks @collegeparkaddick‌. Last year was certainly a great season for us (which offset the frustrations of Charlton's campaign!)
    We play Maryland in Lincoln this season, but should be over there next year... Looking forward to it, and will look for the Charlton Shirts!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone in Seattle?
    I need some help with info on public transport to the PCT.
  • Options
    I'm in Seattle. From where are you trying to get to the PCT?
  • Options

Mottingham.

Seriously though, my mate is doing the whole of the PCT next year and has asked me to meet him somewhere near Seattle (Snoqualmie pass has been mentioned). Are there any buses that go out that way?
  • Options

Mottingham.

Seriously though, my mate is doing the whole of the PCT next year and has asked me to meet him somewhere near Seattle (Snoqualmie pass has been mentioned). Are there any buses that go out that way?
    summitatsnoqualmie.com/plan-your-trip/buses-and-shuttles

But if you try Charlton Life later using a wi-fi signal from the trail asking for advice on how to deal with the Grizzly that's trying to eat your marmite sandwiches, it's unlikely that even we will be able to help!
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

Mottingham.

summitatsnoqualmie.com/plan-your-trip/buses-and-shuttles

But if you try Charlton Life later using a wi-fi signal from the trail asking for advice on how to deal with the Grizzly that's trying to eat your marmite sandwiches, it's unlikely that even we will be able to help!
    Excellent, thanks for that.
    Grizzlies...................i'll let the wife deal with them, she's like a pitbull with PMT.

• Options
    #WisconsinAddick
  • Options
    As the name suggests I live in Florida, Miami. Originally from Bexley. I try to get back for at least one and sometimes two games a year. Unfortunately my first game last season was the home defeat against Middlesborough and upon arriving at the Valley for my second game last season I found that the game had been called off. Hopefully I will have more joy this season, I'm hoping to be there for the game against Sheffield Wednesday at the beginning of November.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Rossman92 said:

I live in southern wisconsin, an hour and a half from milwaukee. Originally watched Everton when NBC sports started broadcasting the premier league, but i instead fell in love with Charlton after learning about their storied history and fanbase, and now i am surely Charlton til I die!!

Welcome. If you should find yourself visiting The Valley, you'll probably get strange looks if you're using the traditional Wisconsin headgear!