Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

so, if the palace franchise gets bought out a la mk dons

did to wimbledon would we clap them or boo them if we had a game against them ?

Comments

• Welcome back letthegoodtimesroll. I have no idea what you are going on about, we should only clap Charlton.
  • [cite]Posted By: letthegoodtimesroll[/cite]did to wimbledon would we clap them or boo them if we had a game against them ?

Do you clap or boo arsenal??? the original franchise fc
  • edited January 2010
    AFC Hove eagles has a certain ring about it though and will take them closer to their true rivals. I would support such a move and clap them heartily in our beneficial pre season friendly tour of south coast non leaguers.
  • FC Palace of Berwick has a certain appeal
  • edited January 2010
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chizz[/cite]FC Palace of Berwick has a certain appeal[/quote]

personally, if i had to go for a wild guess, i'd go for celtic or rangers eagles...the administrators have 12 months to come up with something (otherwise and correct me if i'm wrong, my understanding is, they go into receivership) and find a buyer...but what can they sell ?...normally a football club has a franchise, a ground, a playing squad and a loyal fan base which, collectively, make a football league team a reasonable bet...however, in this case there's no ground, a just about non-existent cashflow from the rest of the football world which makes the value of the squad questionable and the precedent of another club from selhurst whose franchise was sold and uprooted elsewhere...celtic or rangers eagles sounds good to me...buy the franchise, play the games at celtic park/ibrox (or whatever they call them these days) for a season or two to make sure it's a runner, back it with the support they can muster then give up the scottish premier league place and bob's your uncle, glasgow celtic/rangers are in the english football league via the back door and nobody can stop them, something they've been trying to do by the front door but couldn't...
  • If we fail to win promotion this year, we could buy Palace, claim their Championship place, and strip them of assets.

Oh .... they haven't got any.
    And we don't have any money either.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]If we fail to win promotion this year, we could buy Palace, claim their Championship place, and strip them of assets.

Oh .... they haven't got any.
    And we don't have any money either.[/quote]

oggy, i like your thinking in the first part...now, for the second part, if only they were say £30m in debt and we didn't need money, just a cheeky bid and some tangible assets to back it up, like a stadium and a 29 acre training ground for instance...
  • Unfortunately Palace don't own their ground, but I think they do own the training ground and there are the players, but I doubt that combined they'll come to anywhere near £30m.
  • A fair price would be 10p in the £ for the creditors and another £2m to take the club off the administrators - THEN - strip the assets and sell the ground must be worth more than £5m and reinvest the surplus in a, as Dowie puts it, northern club;-)

Murray, what about this?...
  • [cite]Posted By: SilentAddick[/cite]sell the ground must be worth more than £5m

Except Crystal Palace FC haven't owned their own ground for a number of years now.

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• and i'm sure the comment about them owning the training ground is also wrong - that is rented as well as the ground
  • [cite]Posted By: redman[/cite]and i'm sure the comment about them owning the training ground is also wrong - that is rented as well as the ground

Very true, was speaking to a palace mate today. Was saying how they have no assets at all apart from a couple players and they will struggle to get 5 mill for the lot of them now. He reckons moses and ambrose are dead certs to be off

possible Charlton promoted and palace relegated?? bypass each other
  • Surely it would be boo squared?

However, if they moved further away, could we, in future, steal their manager without any suing?
  • seems ironic that the result today could be exactly the one palace fans dont want now that it means there's a definite championship franchise in administration and supposedly running out of cash and time...pompey are probably beyond saving so there could be an opening in hampshire for a franchise to move to...
  • This isn't the NFL mate.

We already have preferred buyers in place who are fans.
  • [cite]Posted By: pauldcpfc[/cite]This isn't the NFL mate.

We already have preferred buyers in place who are fans.

with not enough money to but the ground from the other adminstrator and not enough to pay the rent so thats good then aint it
  • All this goes to show that administration does not just mean a ten point deduction (as I said on another thread).
    It means that you give control to someone else who will do / sell anything to balance the books.
  • edited May 2010
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: quote]

with not enough money to but the ground from the other adminstrator and not enough to pay the rent so thats good then aint it

You're incorrect on both points.
  • [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: quote]

with not enough money to but the ground from the other adminstrator and not enough to pay the rent so thats good then aint it[/cite]
    [cite]

You're incorrect on both points.[/cite]

So what's the problem then ?
  • They are working to negotiate the most attractive result that they can possibly achieve. Why pay more than you have to? I understand that negotiations with PWC regarding the ground have gone well, there are still issues relating to Agilo to be resolved, it's a very complexed takeover and was never going to be resolved in a matter of days. I am now though very confident that CPFC 2010 will get both the club and the ground. And that is not unfounded optimism.
  • Sponsored links:

• See you at The Valley or Den next season then !
  • [cite]Posted By: son of selhurst[/cite] I am now though very confident that CPFC 2010 will get both the club and the ground. And that is not unfounded optimism.

No need for the supporters trust to sell loan notes then ?
  • SOS and Budgie, and other decent CPFC supporters: Well done for staying in the Champ yesterday after your 10-point deduction. Now for your battle to stay in existence, and to stay at Selhurst Park. We've been there, we know how tough it is: good luck.
  • Puke!

I'll concede I don't want them(or any club) to go out of business; and I've no axe to grind with Budgie and co; but it'll be a cold day in hell before I wish that lot well.
    Where's the fun in that?
  • [cite]Posted By: Six-a-bag-of-nuts[/cite]Puke!

I'll concede I don't want them(or any club) to go out of business; and I've no axe to grind with Budgie and co; but it'll be a cold day in hell before I wish that lot well.
    Where's the fun in that?

Agree. I want to see them squirm and struggle for a good while yet. Does that make me a bad person
  • And a spot of ground sharing wouldn`t go amiss either !
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]And a spot of ground sharing wouldn`t go amiss either !

Heh heh!

Let them go share Falmer ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]And a spot of ground sharing wouldn`t go amiss either !
    A spokesperson recently said that they had no plans to share with a local club next season...

Is that double speak for they're not planning on sharing with a local club, ie Charlton or the Spanners, but possibly are planning to share with a non-local club, ie MK Dons...
  • Can any of our erstwhile Palace chums on here (the more erudite ones, at any rate) explain how this consortium is going to come up with the money necessary to buy the ground? I thought the main issue with that originally was that the ground owners weren't willing to sell to Jordan because he wasn't offering enough money? SInce that happened, the land will only have increased in value - and surely if there were enough money floating around before to buy the ground, Jordan would have courted whomever had the cash and either brought them in as a new investor, or sold out to them completely and recouped at least some of his investment?
  • i suppose if somebody bought the franchise and moved the club to bucks they could call the new team buckingham palace...has a certain ring about it