Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Evening Gooner

edited January 2010 in General Charlton
Anyone see the bit in there 2 nite re West Ham and Sullivan/Gold take over ? for those who aint seen it this is the bit re CAFC :

"--- with the outcome uncertain,Sullivan was approached by CAFC Chairman Richard Murray."i will be honest with you" Sullivan reveals,"had we not succeeded in buying West Ham we would have brought Charlton.Richard Murray and his consortium have done a wonderful job and he wanted some help.we would have gone inand helped".

Comments

• Options
    Yep read that. Gutted as they did well at Brum and left them in a healthy state.
  • Options
    deep feckin joy i really didn't want to know that zabeel all over again
  • Options
    Still shows we were a better prospect than that other lot.
  • Options
    They looked at a load of other clubs. Can't remember the exact list, but it was a good 5 or 6, including Norwich
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Still shows we were a better prospect than that other lot.

True and might just spark some interest from other investors having seen an endorsement from Sullivan.

Straw clutching I know but what else have we got at the moment? What else could put a smile on our faces?
  • Options
    Man Yoo fans are displeased with the Glazers, Liverpool fans are displeased with Hicks and Gillett.

Being taken over is potentially a double edged sword and, from a fans' perspective, we could be worse off even if the "suits" at the top are happy.