Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southend away - tickets on restricted sale on Tuesday (2nd) from 9am

124»

Comments

• What's the best station? going to be coming over from Kingston and its a slog to drive.
  • ground is a few mins walk from Pritterwell station, though i suspect must of the early birders will stay on into Southend
  • Prittlewell is nearest the ground on the Liverpool St line but usually more expensive than C2C to southend central.
  • Prittlewell is 5ish min walk.

5 pubs within walking distance to the ground although I would only drink in 1 of them.

Southend only really has the boring chain pubs in town, Slug, Wetherspoons unless you fancy the seafront which quite frankly is ridiculous.

I'll be Railway Prittlewell station before and after and maybe clubbing in town if we win.
  • cheers chris might do that.
  • 1130 sold as of midday today
  • Got my ticket. Had Nicky Bailey's name and number printed onto my shirt, ready to go!
  • edited February 2010
    Last I saw of it The Golden Lion which is right next to the ground had shut because of a fire. Though I notice that there's a sign where they've named their beer garden "The Lions Den" which looks horribly Millwall, so it might not be such a bad thing ;-)
    For those heading for town but not venturing as far as the seafront, the Townhouse and Saks are both good, or if you go to The London Road (A13), The Cricketers is excellent.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]Last I saw of it The Golden Lion which is right next to the ground had shut because of a fire. Though I notice that there's a sign where they've named their beer garden "The Lions Den" which looks horribly Millwall, so it might not be such a bad thing ;-)
    For those heading for town but not venturing as far as the seafront, the Townhouse and Saks are both good, or if you go to The London Road (A13), The Cricketers is excellent.

add to that the park tavern if you want a non chain pub.
  • Have bought tickets for Myself & Gumbo for this one & have booked the day off work & I am even now missing my Re-scheduled Free Drinks all Night Christmas Party to go to this, the team better turn up.
  • Sponsored links:

• [quote][cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Have bought tickets for Myself & Gumbo for this one & have booked the day off work & I am even now missing my Re-scheduled Free Drinks all Night Christmas Party to go to this, the team better turn up.[/quote]

Christmas party, LOL.

90 minute rendition of the Nicky Bailey song anyone?
  • who remembers the spread eagle kick off ?
  • I Do...sarfend came a very poor second after starting it in the first place!!

Remember the pool balls going through the front windows.

Then after the game down at the Forresters with the north london stag doo including Arsenals top boy...........What a day!!
  • this time next week i will be leaving work and about 20 mins away from my first pint in Southend, Cant wait for this game hope we start to string to form together in the next 2 home games.
  • As with most away games i am really looking forward to the day out as the games are generally terrible!
  • A warning for anyone driving to this match.

Since we last played at Roots Hall, the A127 between Basildon and Southend has been changed from 70 to 50 MPH. This road is also protected with AVERAGE speed cameras and signed with "minimum leagal" warnings.

If you are comming in this way watch out.