Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Left Wing

edited January 2010 in General Charlton
Who remembers: Coventry at Home final day of 2007/08: Basey/Youga partnership.

Basey played LM, Youga played LB and it worked perfectly. They overlapped the whole game, exchanging and covering each other and were a constant threat.

PP has got to (at least) try that again now that Basey has had a good run in the team and Youga has established himself as our best LB. And would this not solve our current problems of team balance??

Comments

• Options
    The Left Wing?
    How about Black Forest Red?
  • Options
    Defo the way 2 go when Youga is back, still would like to bring in an attacking minded LM also so we have a different dimension
  • Options
    Or even switch sam to the left and put Yassin on the right. The way yassin used to walk past full backs was a joy to watch and he was great at going forward .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Or even switch sam to the left and put Yassin on the right. The way yassin used to walk past full backs was a joy to watch and he was great at going forward .

I reckon we've got more chance of seeing Messi on the right wing than Moo2 playing for us again.
  • Options
    It certainly seems the best solution we have using existing resources. I think midfield is going to be where Basey eventually makes a name for himself.

We do miss Youga a lot at the moment, imo.
  • Options
    I think basically at the moment thats what Parky's going to do. Just waiting for Kelly to recover.
  • Options
    What is the situation with Youga, Saturday too early?? I still can't believe that tackle that injured him didn't even get a Yellow card!!
  • Options
    What is the situation with Youga? Is Saturday too early? Still cannot believe that tackle that injured him didn't even get a yellow card!!
  • Options
    Funny how it wasn't that long ago Youga didn't have many fans. Now he is going to be the saviour!

I agree it is a pity that injury (in the main) has prevented this partnership developing. Hopefully soon. Still doesn't hide the fact that we need another LM if funds permit and a decent option materialises.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite]Funny how it wasn't that long ago Youga didn't have many fans. Now he is going to be the saviour!

I've always been a fan. He's not going to be our saviour though, just an important piece in the jigsaw.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite]Funny how it wasn't that long ago Youga didn't have many fans. Now he is going to be the saviour!

I've always been a fan. He's not going to be our saviour though, just an important piece in the jigsaw.

Agree totally Exiled, just trying to make the point about how 'fickle' a lot of our fan base is.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chaz Hill[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Exiled_Addick[/cite]

Agree totally Exiled, just trying to make the point about how 'fickle' a lot of our fan base is.

Bet he gets booed after his first minor error in his return game
  • Options
    I don't think it's fair to call our fans fickle regarding a change of heart regarding Youga.

Youga IS the most improved player at our club - this season he has been excellent (in attitude and performance).

The last few seasons he wasn't the finished article by a long shot, he's put that right and deserves his plaudits now.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnpaul5[/cite]I don't think it's fair to call our fans fickle regarding a change of heart regarding Youga.

Youga IS the most improved player at our club - this season he has been excellent (in attitude and performance).

The last few seasons he wasn't the finished article by a long shot, he's put that right and deserves his plaudits now.

Until he has a bad game JP :-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnpaul5[/cite]I don't think it's fair to call our fans fickle regarding a change of heart regarding Youga.

It was an attempt at humour and to point out that there are certain fans amongst us who seem set to boo whatever
  • Options
    Would be interested in seeing Basey at LM ahead of Youga with McKenzie up front with Burton. Could even turn into 451 if Basey moved inside and McKenzie on the left if we had to defend.
  • Options
    Who was playing on the left wing for you yesterday because there seemed to be nobody there and we only really made threatening attacks on that side.
    Basey is not the greatest left back and with no cover there you won't go up as you won't win games.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: TheoTheWyvern[/cite]Who was playing on the left wing for you yesterday because there seemed to be nobody there and we only really made threatening attacks on that side.
    Basey is not the greatest left back and with no cover there you won't go up as you won't win games.

Good question mate :-)
  • Options
    Thought this was a thread on politics then *about to get read for furious typing*
    ;-)
  • Options
    can moses play there?