Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parky: New additions not necessary

edited January 2010 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/4871397.Parky__New_additions_not_neccessary/

Comments

• Options
    A centre back and a left midfielder are definitely necessary in my opinion.
  • Options
    Sorry Parky, a left midfielder is a must just to add some balance to the team. Shelvey is definately not the answer in that position, and bringing on Wagstaff who is totally right footed doesn't work either!
  • Options
    Maybe when Youga is back, Parky will consider Basey on the left. Basey has shown he has quality going forward and with his set pieces/crossing so is worth a chance. Would still like to see a LM and maybe another striker though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: cafcdan18[/cite]Maybe when Youga is back, Parky will consider Basey on the left. Basey has shown he has quality going forward and with his set pieces/crossing so is worth a chance. Would still like to see a LM and maybe another striker though.

agreed with it all mate
  • Options
    Parky doing the right thing by the board if you ask me.
  • Options
    To be fair it's a matter of journalistic emphasis. He actually said that he was looking at a few players and hoped to work something out. If he'd said "I have some players in mind, but if I don't get them this lot of shit won't be getting promoted", he'd be silly (as well as tactically naive)
  • Options
    I think for the balance of the team, Basey infront of Youga is defo worth a try. It worked superbly before, I can only remember it in one game I think we won 3-0 at home) ??
  • Options
    Coventry at Home final day of 2007/08. Basey played LM and it worked a treat, albeit we had nothing to play for, surprised we have not seen more of Basey/Youga partnership
  • Options
    That was it! They overlapped the whole game, exchanging and covering each other and were a constant threat. Parky has got to try that again SURELY now Basey has had a good run in the team and Youga is coming back (SURELY)!!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]A centre back and a left midfielder are definitely necessary in my opinion.[/quote]

chris bang on mate i think u could probably add a forward to the list how can we all see this yet parky cant unbelievable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]To be fair it's a matter of journalistic emphasis. He actually said that he was looking at a few players and hoped to work something out. If he'd said "I have some players in mind, but if I don't get them this lot of shit won't be getting promoted", he'd be silly[span style=COLOR: #cccccc](as well as tactically naive)[/span][/quote]

Agreed. What he ACTUALLY said was that he'd like more players but doesn't think that no transfers= definite failure. He's trying to show faith in the players still here (so top marks for blind optimism ;))
  • Options
    Reality check, everyone: WE ARE ABSOLUTELY SKINT.

Never thought I'd be envious of Orient bringing in players in the transfer window when we can't.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]A centre back

Agree with this
  • Options
    If we had one player it has to be a left winger.
  • Options
    Centre back with pace, and an out and out left winger won't happen, the squad isint to bad as long as we don't get any injurys, some new tactics and abit of bloody passion and pride would be an excelent signing.
  • Options
    My old man spoke to Youga yesterday.

Youga said he wont be back in the first team till end of Feb
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charlton_carl[/cite]My old man spoke to Youga yesterday.

Youga said he wont be back in the first team till end of Feb

if true, only raises the need for a defender with pace... our back 4 is pedestrian without Kelly in it and Sodje will only aleviate this slightly
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: creepyaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]A centre back

Agree with this

If the guy on BBC 606 is to be believed, we are in talks with James Wilson (CB age 20) from Bristol City who has been on loan at Brentford.