Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

time for leon mckenzie

edited January 2010 in General Charlton
to get a chance ? ..........................my brother beat hes uncle four times did you no.

Comments

• I thought it was time for him about 3 weeks ago. I'd love to see him and Burton up top instead of him having to carry Dickson as well as try and shine for 20 minutes each game!
  • be nice to have a player who can handle himself,bit of fire when the chips are down.
  • To be fair he's not had 90 minutes for a long long time, what with reserve games getting cancelled. He'll get a run out this week and I expect him to be in the team next week. Don't think it would have been productive starting him before this though.
  • like to see him start then go off personally
  • Definitely deserves a chance.
  • Like to see him start on the left.
  • Can he do 90 minutes?
  • [cite]Posted By: Vinnie V.[/cite]Like to see him start on the left.

I'd go with this too. Stick him on the left with Mooney and Burton up front, with McKenzie getting in the box to make a front 3 when Sam has the ball. Too often last night Shelvey was coming deeper meaning no one was attacking the back post. McKenzie can do that.
    Tranmere are awful, have 1 win and 6 goals away all season. If ever there was a game to go out attacking the opposition this is it.
  • [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Can he do 90 minutes?

Not from the Subs bench sadly.
  • If you had been at a Club for almost 6 months and not started a single game of any description in that time wouldn't you be banging on the Manager's door right now?

Or would you be too scared to do so just in case the Manager packed you off to Gillingham?

Or, alternatively, could it be that you're just happy enough to take a wage and warm the bench week in week out because you and the Manager both know you can't manage more than 15 minutes and that he's made a massive blunder in signing you 'cos you're a crock.

One thing's for sure and that is having the likes of Mooney, Burton and Akpo in front of me at the moment would seriously piss me off.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think Mooney may well be talking to the fairies for a while and I'd imagine Akpo won't get many better headers than his two tonight.
  • Jesus you know you're in trouble when you're considering Leon Mckenze...

You can have Stern John if you like?
  • Have to say it is time for Leon, yet to start a league game and it is clear our other strikers will not score goals even at this level. Deon has only scored 8 from open play (hardly impressive) and although he brings a lot to the team and is valuable, he needs someone alongside him who knows where the goal is. I am not saying drop Burton, but time for Leon to start!

Looking at Leons career record, he could be the answer?
  • [cite]Posted By: churley1[/cite]Jesus you know you're in trouble when you're considering Leon Mckenze...

You can have Stern John if you like?

No win in five and TWO goals in open play from forwards in the last 11 matches rather suggests we are. Does anyone here really think that Akpo, Burton and Mooney ever actually look like they are going to score?

And as I've said already if Parky has signed a duffer in Leon why hasn't he got rid of him?
  • Worth a try, if we're going to play two up top it has to one of either Akpo or Burton with either Mooney or McKenzie next to either one of them.

Playing two big men up top doesn't really work.
  • Can he do any worse than the others ? Exactly. Give him a start.
  • I can only assume he hasn't started for fitness reasons. However the time has come to start him and, if necessary, sub him later.
  • PHIL Parkinson insists “frustrated” Leon McKenzie is very much a a part of his plans, despite the striker’s continued absence from the Charlton starting line-up.

McKenzie signed for the South Londoners on transfer deadline day in August but has yet to start a game for the Addicks in the six-month period since then.

That is partly explained by a series of niggling injuries, but McKenzie has been fit since Christmas yet he has still not been selected in the starting line-up.

And when Deon Burton was dropped for the first time this season at Swindon 10 days ago, Parkinson opted to play Akpo Sodje, rather than the former Norwich forward, in his place.

But the manager says McKenzie’s opportunity will come.

“Leon is frustrated,” said Parkinson. “He’s getting closer to starting but Deon has got 13 goals this season and Akpo has come in and done well.

“Leon’s getting on in most games and he’s looking better all the time, but he’ll have to wait for his chance.”
  • he aint no f---ing good either all our forwards are mediocre.
  • Mckenzie has to come in
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: blackheathaddick[/cite]I thought it was time for him about 3 weeks ago. I'd love to see him and Burton up top instead of him having to carry Dickson as well as try and shine for 20 minutes each game!

Quoting what I said three weeks ago. Just substitute Dickson for Sodje/Mooney!
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]PHIL Parkinson insists “frustrated” Leon McKenzie is very much a a part of his plans, despite the striker’s continued absence from the Charlton starting line-up.

McKenzie signed for the South Londoners on transfer deadline day in August but has yet to start a game for the Addicks in the six-month period since then.

That is partly explained by a series of niggling injuries, but McKenzie has been fit since Christmas yet he has still not been selected in the starting line-up.

And when Deon Burton was dropped for the first time this season at Swindon 10 days ago, Parkinson opted to play Akpo Sodje, rather than the former Norwich forward, in his place.

But the manager says McKenzie’s opportunity will come.

“Leon is frustrated,” said Parkinson. “He’s getting closer to starting but Deon has got 13 goals this season and Akpo has come in and done well.

“Leon’s getting on in most games and he’s looking better all the time, but he’ll have to wait for his chance.”

As two goals in open play from the last 11 matches (and none in the last five) from Burton, Akpo and Mooney will testify!!! Leave it another dozen matches before playing him and it will be irrelevant how good McKenzie is.

McKenzie has been paid for 6 months now for doing next to nothing and that's something, in our position, that we simply cannot afford. So play him or accept, like Dicko, that you don't think he's good enough and ship him out on loan but please don't treat us like idiots - yet again.
  • Len Glover said : ''I can only assume he hasn't started for fitness reasons.''

Yes, I wondered that. He seems to have become the new Todorov...
  • leon has a look of a player who can handle himself,what we need
  • Come along to the Manor Hotel, Singlewell on Thursday night and you can ask him yourself how he feels about having a permanent seat in the dugout ....
  • [cite]Posted By: Pardkinson[/cite]Akpo has come in and done well.

Was Parky hammered when he gave this interview?
  • [cite]Posted By: Fanny Fanackapan[/cite]Come along to the Manor Hotel, Singlewell on Thursday night and you can ask him yourself how he feels about having a permanent seat in the dugout ....

Can you let us know why he thinks he's not playing ?
  • Leon can offer experience and a target man up front. i say go with McKenzie and Burton to start up top next match. A. Sodje and D. Mooney on the bench.
  • If we wish to win our next game, Parky should play this team.

Elliot
    Richardson Dailly Llera Solly-unless Youga is fit or Omozusi is available to us.
    Sam Spring Bailey Reid
    Jonjo
    McKenzie
    ...........IMHO...........
  • Good shout that Daggs